{{BIG}} Steelbook Weekend-starts Friday 12/13/2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
970x90-Z-Wk50-am-thebigSteelbookWeekend.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to re order some disneys with the code ZJAN5 but doesn't seem to be working any ideas? Using iphone5 have cleared cookies etc.

there's only a couple of zavvi exclusives in this sale i dont have already (the game, planet of the apes, team america), but i think a further price drop on these is just a matter of time. i can see "the game" also drop to 6.99 at some point in the near future, so i will hold back this time, and wont order any more steels unless they drop to 7GBP or lower.

I understand that some people are mad, but that's the business. It's crappy, it really is, but nothing will change. Retailers are in this business for the $$$. If people have a problem with a certain retailer, they don't have to buy from them. There's always HDN members, eBay and Amazon secondary sellers you can pick your item up from later on. Chances are, though, that'll be even more costlier for you in the long run. I've been bit many times by immediate price reductions from Zavvi and many other retailers. I've learned to deal with it because trust me, you can type away angrily on a forum until your fingers are blue and it won't refund you your losses. If I wanted a movie, I bought it. May have lost some money by not waiting, but at least I can smile knowing that I own it now.

Last edited:
Trying to re order some disneys with the code ZJAN5 but doesn't seem to be working any ideas? Using iphone5 have cleared cookies etc.

just checked, it's still working for me! be sure you don't mix up the disney classics with the pixar steels, and ZJAN5 is not working on "fantasia" either.
it works for me on dumbo, peter pan, lady and the tramp, wreck-it ralph and alice in wonderland.

Reactions: Anthuk
Damn it!! Could have saved myself £1 if I'd been patient and not bought Taxi Driver last week! Grrrr

Think I'll wait a little longer for
Seven Samurai
Zatoichi
13 Assassins!

Learnt my lesson the hard way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zavvi really arnt doing themselves any favours with this rapid price drops. Its actually hurting their business and most people from what i judge are cancelling or not pre ordering at all anymore. Zavvi should make all their exclusives £9.99/£10.99 and avoid annoying the consumer, after all were the only reason Zavvi are in Business.

just checked, it's still working for me! be sure you don't mix up the disney classics with the pixar steels, and ZJAN5 is not working on "fantasia" either.
it works for me on dumbo, peter pan, lady and the tramp, wreck-it ralph and alice in wonderland.

Some strange reason it's not working for me. Just keeps says unfortunate the code is not valid on this item.

Zavvi's site and ordering system is a joke also, i ordered two steels then remembered about the die hard 4.0 discount so literally two minutes later went in too cancel my order but i won't let me, says they are dispatched....even though the dispatch date is down for the 16th...

Reactions: mrpitt
Ordered:

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Wreck it Ralph
Die Hard 4.0

Saved £9 off the whole order :D

Coded ZJAN5 didn't work for me first time either as i copy and pasted it in. Entering it manually worked :)

Indeed, here's a break down of the titles. All you need to do is order three copies of Die Hard 4.0 along with these items and use discount code ZJAN5. Then when your order has gone through, go into your account section and cancel the entire order, you'll get a message saying that the pre-orders were cancelled but that these couldn't be cancelled because they are already processing. Result!

13 Assassins - £7.24
Anchorman - £10.94
Beverly Hills Cop - £10.94
The Game - £5.77
The Goonies - £7.24
Gremlins - £7.24
Monsters University - £14.68
Point Break - £6.50
The Prestige - £7.24
The Princess Bride - £5.03
Seven Samurai - £6.50
Team America: World Police - £7.24
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - £7.24
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - £7.24
Twelve Monkeys - £5.77
Zatoichi - £7.24

You say to cancel the order once the order has gone through, the status of my order is awaiting stock, do I cancel at this stage or wait for order processing?

You say to cancel the order once the order has gone through, the status of my order is awaiting stock, do I cancel at this stage or wait for order processing?

You can cancel straight away, as long as you do it before the item is dispatched, it is fine. If not you would need to email Zavvi instead as their website won't allow you to cancel any items ordered with a discount once one or more has been dispatched :)

Reactions: AmarD1981
You can cancel straight away, as long as you do it before the item is dispatched, it is fine. If not you would need to email Zavvi instead as their website won't allow you to cancel any items ordered with a discount once one or more has been dispatched :)

Thanks for your help, I've now cancelled the order and against all of them it says 'processing cancellation'
I hope it works, if it don't, it's not too big a deal

All you have to do is let the in stock items your ordered to be dispatched

Your then left with the Die Hard 4 Steelbooks in your order
Then Cancel your order

Reactions: AmarD1981
I think all this subterfuge is a bit stressful for me...haha!
Ill see what happens now.
I ordered the prestige & the goonies along with 3 copies of die hard 4.0. Ever since I saw in hand pics of how nicely they were finished Ive been after them, but waited for the right price

I got

incl. 5gbp off

Dick Tracy 7,29 gbp
batman forever 8,20
little mermaid 9,11
junglebook 9,11
Alice in Wonderland pre-order 18,23

= 52 gbp

two hours latter, got message, they were dispatched :oohyeah:
I'm most happy to get Mermaid and Junglebook for that price.

next is The Game, together with Die hard 4 because of the 25%. then i'll cancel DH4.

Status
Not open for further replies.