{{BIG}} Steelbook Weekend-starts Friday 12/13/2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
970x90-Z-Wk50-am-thebigSteelbookWeekend.jpg

Last edited:
Can I ask what 'The Game' is like in the flesh? Been tempted for a while but don't think I can resist at that price...

It's not bad, I got it last week when the first round of discounts hit (used a code too, so the price wasn't much more than today).

The title on the spine is quite hard to make out as the letters seem to fade into the black surround (think they should have use a brighter gold colour), and it is mainly black but the embossing on the front is fairly nice and looks good.

At this price I'd say it was a good deal for sure.

That's why I haven't risked it - with my luck, the internet connection would go down between placing the order and cancelling DH4.0!:ohno:

It wouldn't matter if that did happen, as you can still go into your account and cancel any order at any time. Just raise a Query on the items in question and tell customer services you want to cancel.

The method of cancelling after you place the order is just a quicker way of doing it, as then you don't have to wait on customer services getting back to you.

That's why I haven't risked it - with my luck, the internet connection would go down between placing the order and cancelling DH4.0!:ohno:

it really works, tried it just now :scat:...canceling the entire order after the awaiting stock pick message appeared...plus you dont have to make separate order for each steelbook with a couple of DH4, ive preordered one plus 5 different steels Ive been waiting for price drop

Reactions: purplebook
Yep, it works. Had my cancellation email for the 3 copies of DH 4 and a failed cancellation for prestige and goonies. Grand total of £14.66 for the two...not bad at all.
Thanks to snooloui for the heads up on this. Great stuff!

Is the flash sale live now? The prices look the same as far as I can see.

EDIT: What the balls Zavvi? I ordered Goonies for £11.99 with the 20% offer with Die Hard 4 and now it's gone down to £9.99 on its own. Not cool Zavvi.

Last edited:
Is the flash sale live now? The prices look the same as far as I can see.

EDIT: What the balls Zavvi? I ordered Goonies for £11.99 with the 20% offer with Die Hard 4 and now it's gone down to £9.99 on its own. Not cool Zavvi.

It has been £9.99 all day.

Uhhh... well how did I end up paying more than £9.99 after using the 20% off offer with Die Hard 4.0?

It's already been dispatched too, so I can't cancel it :S

that's just bad luck... i also ordered the goonies, prestige, princess bride, gremlins last weekend with the ZJAN5 code, i would have gotten them even cheaper today by using the same code + using the 20% off for the die hard 4 pre-order. having said that, i think 11GBP is still a good price for "the goonies", nice steelbook, got it today. :)

Just a further heads up about the Die Hard 4.0 offer, if you didn't cancel immediately then raise a query on the order via your account (after the items you want have shipped of course).

I did that this morning and they got back to me straight away saying they would cancel the two copies of Die Hard but then that message from them mysteriously vanished. I chased them again and cited the earlier message and they are now cancelling the order. Basically keep at them until the order shows "Processing Cancellation".

I would do this ASAP, as they have taken the Die Hard offer down now so may give more scrutiny to any orders that used the code.

Hope people got some good deals, sadly I had most of the sale stuff already but managed to re-order most of the Disney stuff with an extra few pounds off, so not too bad.

EDIT: Not sure why my earlier post was deleted - I was just letting people know the Die Hard offer was no longer active - save them searching Zavvi's site and wondering what was up.

Last edited:
Zavvi really arnt doing themselves any favours with this rapid price drops. Its actually hurting their business and most people from what i judge are cancelling or not pre ordering at all anymore. Zavvi should make all their exclusives £9.99/£10.99 and avoid annoying the consumer, after all were the only reason Zavvi are in Business.

Andy, rest assured, this has long been shared with Zavvi. They are looking at this and understand. In the meantime, I encourage you to choose when the best time is for you, personally to purchase an item (what price),etc and take advantage of any reductions on items you'd like to own. Hopefully there are winds of change on the way...you never know.

hey, can some of you admins please stop deleting my posts and comments please??

:angry:

i dont feel welcome at this board anymore if this happens too often. i understand that maybe my last post was a little off topic, but deleting it without any explanation really freaks me out. thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.