Black Friday/Cyber Monday'12 Deal Score thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Chime in with the deals you've purchased throughout the week. Have fun!

DB

Attachments

• bow.gif
    bow.gif
    43.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Reactions: GVZER and tridon
Probably the only one I'll get unless Amazon.co.uk throw out any decent surprises (not overly impressed with Amazon.com's offerings looking at the Movie deal calendar, and I won't get the chance to see half of the back catalogue releases that are cheaply cheap at places like Walmart and Best Buy), but I did manage to pick up the Harry Potter box set yesterday for £17.99

No prob, Tridon!

So far Moneyball $7.99, How the Grinch Stole Christmas animated $9.99 and Prometheus UK BD set 26.50 GBP :scat:

Didn't think you were gonna catch that Prometheus deal at the ungodly time it was being posted at. Then again, I'm not surprised... you do have a slight addiction to the Alien franchise. :p

Tridon, haha-it's when I have to get up for work anyway, most days. So instead of snoozing at all, I was straight up out of bed. I told my wife to add 'Prometheus' to 'Babe, time to get up' :hilarious:...guess what, it worked! Haha! for that early in the morning, I was smiling (and I am not generally a morning person, lol).

Tridon, haha-it's when I have to get up for work anyway, most days. So instead of snoozing at all, I was straight up out of bed. I told my wife to add 'Prometheus' to 'Babe, time to get up' :hilarious:...guess what, it worked! Haha! for that early in the morning, I was smiling (and I am not generally a morning person, lol).

Haha... I wish I could get some wake up calls like that. "Babe, it's time to get up and buy _____ (insert name of cool item here)." Excellent strategy! :scat:

A few more purchases from tonight (all from Amazon.com)...

- The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader 3D Blu-ray [$14.99]
- Haven: The Complete First Season Blu-ray [$14.49]
- Superman Triple Feature Blu-ray [$9.99]

My wife has had to live with my Alien obsession for years....I was so tired this morning, I almost didn't make it :hilarious: Glad I did though, because in the end, at that price, I couldn't resist. I was hoping for under 30 GBP, to at least somewhat justify 'another' Alien set :hilarious:

Just purchased a Seagate Backup Plus 500 GB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STBU500100 (Black) for $65.72. I'm downloading a bunch of awesome cartoons from the '80s and then storing them on to this hard drive so my niece can grow up watching the same great animation that I did when I was a kid.

Also purchased Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong [Hardcover] from a secondary seller for $37.99. Should be a good read... though I probably won't get around to it for a few years or so. :p

Last edited:
So far, all blu-ray of course:

Breaking Bad S4 $11.99
Prometheus 3D $14.99
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D $14.99
The Lorax 3D $14.99
Dollhouse S2 $7.99
Louie S1 $7.99
Louie S2 $7.99
Wilfred S1 $7.99
Red Riding Hood $3.99
Justified S1 $11.99
Justified S2 $11.99
Fringe S4 $16.99
Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition [PS3] $29.99
The League S1 $7.99
The League S2 $7.99

So far this is what I got, gotta wait and see if there are any price drops on what I bought as well as other BB movies on Black Friday

Target:
Prometheus 3D blu (w/slipbox and art booklet) - $14.99 (price matched from BB)
Hunger Games blu (3 Disk Target Exclusive) - $14.99

Best Buy
Western Digital 2TB protable Hard Drive with free collectible case - $129.99
Kill Bill 1 + 2 blu - $3.99 each
Dark Shadows blu - $7.99
Moneyball blu - $7.99
Abraham Lincoln 3d blu - $12.99 (owning to the fact that I did in-store pickup for the regular blu-ray but they picked up the 3d instead and by the time I had gotten to the store for pickup they no longer had any regular blus left so they gave me the 3d version for the lower price)

So far:
Special Edition Season 1 of Hell on Wheels Blu-ray $17
Magic City Season 1 Blu-ray $15
Hell on Wheels Season 1 Blu-ray $13.50
Harry Potter 1-8 Box Set Blu-ray - $29

Holding out for the main event on Black Friday on other deals atm and Cyber Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.