Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'd only allow members to join GB's with a post count of 1000+ and be premium members, but that's only my personal opinion.

A good idea the premium part...

Personally it would take me about 10 years to get into a group buy with the post count and that’s not to say I’m against it.

The problem I would see with that is people not contributing as such but just getting there post count up with posts like one word answers, emojis, gifs and pics, in a way not contributing to conversations but filling a site or thread with crap just to hit the magic 1000.
And who’s to say when a person hits 1000 that they would continue to post?

A good idea the premium part...

Personally it would take me about 10 years to get into a group buy with the post count and that’s not to say I’m against it.

The problem I would see with that is people not contributing as such but just getting there post count up with posts like one word answers, emojis, gifs and pics, in a way not contributing to conversations but filling a site or thread with crap just to hit the magic 1000.
And who’s to say when a person hits 1000 that they would continue to post?

Absolutely agree, which is why they must be viewed by admin and mods as acceptable posts. Maybe 1000 is a bit high, half that would be just as good. For me HDN isn't a shop and GB's are hard work. With limited numbers I would exclude those that don't post much, and let them try their luck ordering direct. Granted blufans is an exception as you basically can't buy direct at the moment, but I have to agree with others that time and again copies go to those that haven't made this site the brilliant place it is. They treat it like a shop, which it isn't.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Absolutely agree, which is why they must be viewed by admin and mods as acceptable posts. Maybe 1000 is a bit high, half that would be just as good. For me HDN isn't a shop and GB's are hard work. With limited numbers I would exclude those that don't post much, and let them try their luck ordering direct. Granted blufans is an exception as you basically can't buy direct at the moment, but I have to agree with others that time and again copies go to those that haven't made this site the brilliant place it is. They treat it like a shop, which it isn't.

I remember when you needed something like 30 posts before you could even access the GB Forum in the past

Also, do 'Ordered' and 'Shipped' posts count as acceptable because there's always shedloads of those posts knocking about ;)

Please keep the discussions civil. Throwing insults will not progress any meaningful discussion. Thanks

Not entirely sure what reaction you expected when he's got 3 people having a pop at him (in what is most certainly not a meaningful discussion)

Not entirely sure what reaction you expected when he's got 3 people having a pop at him (in what is most certainly not a meaningful discussion)

If you are not aware candyman has a history of insults and inappropriate language. Of course you are not aware of the history which explains why the posts have evolved to the way they are ;)

You have to remember these forms of GBs aren’t very common where special considerations are required.

But if it does come a regular thing then we will need something set in place to differentiate those who may be eligible for ‘first dibs’ while trying to be as fair as possible to new members.

Last edited:

Looking back at the posts, there was no aggressive untoward comments by others. He chose to engage on a subject in a rather aggressive manner and met back with banter all of which are perfectly fine. But insulting for whatever reason is not cool.

I dont post as much as i would like to (work, kids, etc) but i’d like to think that i’m not one of those guys who just shows up for the GB’s. Ive been a member for quite a few years now and post when i can and join in with the convo’s. Ive even made a couple of friends.

Someone please tell me. Am i one of those guys!? :rofl: (Genuine question lol)

You have always been friendly when I came across your posts :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza
Just had a look at the GB sign-up threads.
As usual
Filled with peeps who only come out of the shadows when it's time for GB but contribute nothing to the forums at any other time.

I'm sure you understand that there are a lot of people who would prefer to just buy these items from a Blufans website if they sold their products that way instead of being part of a forum and having to wade through the same endless complaints, gifs and memes. Of course if Blufans did that, then these items would sell out quickly the way DC items sell out at HDZeta. But so what if they did? That is the fairest way to do things. Yes I know Blufans tried this already. Worked great for me.

You must be shocked by now that HDN hasn't locked the doors on all group buys to only allow the precious elite to buy. I mean, what reason could HDN possibly have to try to make this fair for everybody?
By doing so, and trying to build community, it would seem that they have accomplished the opposite and divided it. The usual suspects have once again shown their true colours like people who live in a gated community and prefer to keep out the people that, in their minds, aren't worthy. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you haven't started your own community to only allow in who you want and run Blufans group buys yourself. That way you and the rest of your selfish group would always be guaranteed copies.

So why don't you get it over with already and just post your list of everybody by name who you think should receive this?

The only reason I ever add my two cents to these debates is because I find the elitist attitudes disgusting.
I don't even have any interest in owning any part of this release and never did.

Due to the attitudes of the elitists, and nothing to do with the people who run this site, this is no longer a community that I want to be a part of and I have completely lost interest in collecting steelbooks.

All the best to you. :happy:

I'm sure you understand that there are a lot of people who would prefer to just buy these items from a Blufans website if they sold their products that way instead of being part of a forum and having to wade through the same endless complaints, gifs and memes. Of course if Blufans did that, then these items would sell out quickly the way DC items sell out at HDZeta. But so what if they did? That is the fairest way to do things. Yes I know Blufans tried this already. Worked great for me.

You must be shocked by now that HDN hasn't locked the doors on all group buys to only allow the precious elite to buy. I mean, what reason could HDN possibly have to try to make this fair for everybody?
By doing so, and trying to build community, it would seem that they have accomplished the opposite and divided it. The usual suspects have once again shown their true colours like people who live in a gated community and prefer to keep out the people that, in their minds, aren't worthy. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you haven't started your own community to only allow in who you want and run Blufans group buys yourself. That way you and the rest of your selfish group would always be guaranteed copies.

So why don't you get it over with already and just post your list of everybody by name who you think should receive this?

The only reason I ever add my two cents to these debates is because I find the elitist attitudes disgusting.
I don't even have any interest in owning any part of this release and never did.

Due to the attitudes of the elitists, and nothing to do with the people who run this site, this is no longer a community that I want to be a part of and I have completely lost interest in collecting steelbooks.

Everything I was thinking and more. Only reason I kept my mouth shut was other members have always been courteous to me in our dealings, and I was raised with the mindset of "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

That said, I'm sure there's plenty of people who think since my post count isn't in the triple or quadruple digits that I'm unworthy or something. The simple fact is that I have a job where I work twelve hour shifts, and outside of that a wife, two dogs and an international honeymoon to save up for. This hobby costs money, generally a lot of it, and my posting approach is not one where I'll just stick my nose where it doesn't belong repeatedly like some people; I devote my limited time to the limited items I'm interested in (Marvel/sci-fi releases), and then get back to my day. Because of that, my post count will likely never reach the amount some of the self-professed "Gatekeepers" would prefer be allowed to participate in these GBs, so hopefully such a rule is never made. Lucky me I bought Thor, otherwise I wouldn't even be eligible for the raffle.

All this to say I think most of you are nice enough, but the gatekeeping approach is BS, and for the sake of all I hope it never catches on. /rant

Interesting
You use the words "community" and "selfish" a lot.
What good is a community without active members who participate in the community.

Selfish are those that only take from the community ( like GB and giveaways) but give nothing back.

So if you cannot be be bothered to care about the community then don't be so surprised if the community doesn't care about you. It's nothing to do with being elitist.