Montreal
Release date: May 15, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (2D)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

4k.jpg 2d.jpg
02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Morgan Freeman said it best when on the topic of racism in that the only we stop it is to stop talking about it.

Who cares if it was an all "black" cast, it was full of great actors, Chadwick Boseman is amazing and I was surprised he didn't pick an Oscar up for his role as James Brown in Get On Up.

The film I thought was good but suffered from plot holes and some poorly executed CGI, if they can make the ants in Ant Man look realistic then why can't they make the rhinos in this movie? For a film of this scale and the ever improving visual effects technology I think this film shouldve been delayed a few months to polish it off but obviously they had to get it out before Infinity War to establish plot threads in Infinity War.

"Black" people going to see this movie based on hype is no different to anybody who watches an Oscar nominated movie every year which is being hyped in all the media. The more money these movies keep making the more we get to see and in my opinion that's a very good thing

genuine question here that art was up as the tbc from the start and cheap as the studios have been getting on the wwa lately.
did you not think that art was a distinct possibility?

basil :thumbs:

Its the finish that is absolutely atrocious.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Its ok for people to not like this film based upon opinion. Not my fav marvel movie, and sure it seemed a bit overhyped .... but still a great addition to the MCU and better then a lot of other marvel turds imo.

Its not ok for people to not like this based upon racial elements .... at least not on this site. Whether or not one feels Disney played towards anything going on in society today is besides the point ..... Why? Cause the character Black Panther is from Wakanda and thats located on the continent of Africa. It should be expected and applauded that they didnt white wash the film esp due to fictional realism etc. The film was not set in "South Africa". It makes perfect sense for this movie and the actors and actresses are amazing talents anyhow.

Boseman is an amazing actor, Get On Up and 42 prove that in my mind long before Black Panther.

Like or dislike this film on your own personal opinion based on the film itself. For an origin movie, its much better then some of its peers.

I'm actually more happy that all children can go into their local stores and actually see a super hero toy that may look like them. And beyond that, that parents can get their kids toys of figures of different races because the world isnt just "white people" and there isnt only white super heroes. And this is coming from a white guy.

I got a 40 year old Green Lantern comic where he is black/african american so lets get ready for that movie to come .... and Jamie Foxx is "Little John" in new Robin Hood. And if the pro black cast of Black Panther sets anyone off get ready for Coogler's project he is pitching to Disney next where its a side story of just the black females of Black Panther. (recently in the news)

Its ok for people to not like this film based upon opinion. Not my fav marvel movie, and sure it seemed a bit overhyped .... but still a great addition to the MCU and better then a lot of other marvel turds imo.

Its not ok for people to not like this based upon racial elements .... at least not on this site. Whether or not one feels Disney played towards anything going on in society today is besides the point ..... Why? Cause the character Black Panther is from Wakanda and thats located on the continent of Africa. It should be expected and applauded that they didnt white wash the film esp due to fictional realism etc. The film was not set in "South Africa". It makes perfect sense for this movie and the actors and actresses are amazing talents anyhow.

Boseman is an amazing actor, Get On Up and 42 prove that in my mind long before Black Panther.

Like or dislike this film on your own personal opinion based on the film itself. For an origin movie, its much better then some of its peers.

I'm actually more happy that all children can go into their local stores and actually see a super hero toy that may look like them. And beyond that, that parents can get their kids toys of figures of different races because the world isnt just "white people" and there isnt only white super heroes. And this is coming from a white guy.

I got a 40 year old Green Lantern comic where he is black/african american so lets get ready for that movie to come .... and Jamie Foxx is "Little John" in new Robin Hood. And if the pro black cast of Black Panther sets anyone off get ready for Coogler's project he is pitching to Disney next where its a side story of just the black females of Black Panther. (recently in the news)

I'd be down for Idris Elba to be John Stewart in a GL film.

Got my copy today. This is the third time I have received my order before release date or on it from BB.com and in a box as well. BB gets my support for this change. Hopefully boxes become the norm going forward. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Urgh, that's one cheap looking steelbook... then again, the film wasn't great either (IMHO), so I guess the steel reflects that.

Urgh, that's one cheap looking steelbook... then again, the film wasn't great either (IMHO), so I guess the steel reflects that.

If it wasn't for the head of Disney really pushing the project, the film had the potential of never happening. Getting support for this has always seemed to be an uphill battle.

However, I'm really disappointed in the retail side of things, as this really had a chance to be a game changing steelbook - with a great design.

But they went cheap on it - maybe because Star Wars TLJ is still in stock at most Best Buy stores.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
If it wasn't for the head of Disney really pushing the project, the film had the potential of never happening. Getting support for this has always seemed to be an uphill battle.

However, I'm really disappointed in the retail side of things, as this really had a chance to be a game changing steelbook - with a great design.

But they went cheap on it - maybe because Star Wars TLJ is still in stock at most Best Buy stores.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's been a big success, since it clearly meant a lot to so many people and was more than just a film to them. But for me I just didn't find it very good... although the women were incredible! :notworthy:

I can see your point with TLJ. Any idea what the print run was for that? It must be quite high, because it's a stunning steelbook for a really popular movie and I still see floods of them being shared on social media, so it's not like no one's buying it.

But yeah, very disappointing if remaining TLJ stock is what effected the decision to go cheap with this one. (n)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's been a big success, since it clearly meant a lot to so many people and was more than just a film to them. But for me I just didn't find it very good... although the women were incredible! :notworthy:

I can see your point with TLJ. Any idea what the print run was for that? It must be quite high, because it's a stunning steelbook for a really popular movie and I still see floods of them being shared on social media, so it's not like no one's buying it.

But yeah, very disappointing if remaining TLJ stock is what effected the decision to go cheap with this one. (n)

But if I recall correctly even The Force Awakens steelbook was still in stock on Best Buy's website up to a year after release and eventually saw a price drop. Big difference compared to Canada where Star Wars and Marvel titles are out of stock after release day.

• Thanks

TLJ - definitely north of 50K, IMO

And loved Okoye!

• Thanks
But if I recall correctly even The Force Awakens steelbook was still in stock on Best Buy's website up to a year after release and eventually saw a price drop. Big difference compared to Canada where Star Wars and Marvel titles are out of stock after release day.

They definitely printed more of Force Awakens but even this amount for TLJ was too much, IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

I don't think the remaining stock of Star Wars TLJ would have played into this. The design of the steelbook was posted on here on Feb. 16th with the bare metal look. Long before TLJ was released on steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k