Price: £29.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE
Notes:
Limited Edition Mondo Steelbook 4K UHD + 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray

01-484056.jpg

02-484056.jpg 03-484056.jpg

01-484056 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't understand why release day is a Monday in this Country. Surely they would sell more films if they released on a Friday for over the weekend?

I still don't understand why release day is a Monday in this Country. Surely they would sell more films if they released on a Friday for over the weekend?

Probably more of a ball ache trying to change displays, put out stock etc on Thursday night as opposed to a Sunday afternoon

Good question, really - the music industry moved their release day (for albums and singles) from Mondays to Fridays in 2015 (as a global change, but one that affected the UK as one of the counties with a Monday release day previously).

As a result, the music charts changed from being announced on a Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Release_Day

This needs to be overhauled...And why not a Friday :banghead: ...Read somewhere this was due to product promotions (radio, TV, newspapers etc.) over a weekend for releasing on a Monday to create a level playing field for the retailers :wtf:

Yup my HMV GB and they will all come individually wrapped in cardboard sleeves. HMV don't seem to be very clever in that regard

imagine poor old picker at warehouse 55 copies of the same and then hes goto pack em and sticker all up with same address imagine how pissed he must be have to do them individually :mad::arghh::banghead:

basil :D

imagine poor old picker at warehouse 55 copies of the same and then hes goto pack em and sticker all up with same address imagine how pissed he must be have to do them individually :mad::arghh::banghead:

basil :D

If he/she had any common sense about them they would box them up in a couple of boxes and ship them out in bulk

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
What probably happens is that they get sent out to Royal Mail's regional hubs, and then get sent to the local delivery offices overnight on Sunday for delivery Monday.

Why is everyone slagging off HMV's delivery..... surely it's a good thing that it arrives on its release day??? Or are we moaning now when it doesn't come earlier!!!!
Before they almost went under it was usual to get steels as far as the Thursday before release though more often fri/sat we’d get them.

We were spoilt a bit in the past is all.

My guess would be to avoid video game releases, which are also on a Friday. With video games, I am still surprised that disc sales aren't a niche market by now. But with movies, I cant see streaming overtaking disc for a long time yet.

My guess would be to avoid video game releases, which are also on a Friday. With video games, I am still surprised that disc sales aren't a niche market by now. But with movies, I cant see streaming overtaking disc for a long time yet.
Because discs are often cheaper, especially if trading in old games.
Can’t see that changing anytime soon personally, even though I own a lot of digital games (not at £55 a pop mind, £4-15 usually. Buy em when cheap)

What's with all the moaning :LOL: :rofl:
Release date is Monday in the UK
Most in UK will have delivery on Monday

Years ago it was strict Monday at the earliest for online and retail stores with a lot of distributors releases

If you want Friday release date :giggle:

If you live in Rep of Ireland release date is today (Friday) for Blu-ray and DVD releases :p :LOL:
Move to Ireland if you want to goto into a shop and purchase new releases on Friday :p