Blade Runner (Special Edition Digipack) (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: September 25, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £39.99 (Zavvi) - £34.99 (Hmv - Amazon)

11533443-1244508388223530.jpg

4K UHD Disc

• Final Cut Feature
    • Intro by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Screenwriters
    • Commentary by Technical Crew
Blu-ray Disc 1

• Final Cut Feature
    • Intro by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Ridley Scott
    • Commentary by Screenwriters
    • Commentary by Technical Crew
Blu-ray Disc 2

• Director's Cut
    • Original Domestic cut
    • Original International Theatrical Cut
    • Intro by Ridley Scott Director's Cut
    • Intro by Ridley Scott Original Domestic cut
    • Intro by Ridley Scott Original International Theatrical Cut
Blu-ray Disc 3

• Workprint featurette
    • Workprint introduction by Ridley Scott
    • Workprint commentary by future noir author Paul M. Sammon
    • Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner documentary
    • The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick featurette
    • Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film featurette
    • Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews featurette
    • Signs of the Times: Graphic Design featurette
    • Fashion Forward: Wardrobe and Styling featurette
    • Screen Tests: Rachel and Pris featurette
    • The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth featurette
    • Deleted and Alternate Scenes - Including introduction by Ridley Scott
    • On the Set featurette
    • Convention reel
    • Behind-the-scenes outtakes
    • 1981 teaser trailer
    • 1982 theatrical trailer
    • 1982 TV spot - trailers and TV spot
    • 1992 Director's Cut trailer
    • 2007 Dangerous Days teaser trailer
    • 2007 Final Cut trailer
    • Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art featurette
    • Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard featurette
    • Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers featurette
    • All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut featurette
    • Blade Runner Stills Gallery ## 1,042 Images

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lionet and gigan72
cLhzI1.jpg
P7yLqh.jpg
oOWXUB.jpg
scperk.jpg
TjTxkK.jpg
lOnZal.jpg

Love this release! Cannot wait to spin the 4K disc and watch that making of again! A little off topic but another brilliant 'making of' is The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of 12 Monkeys. You seen that @C.C. 95 ?
Yeah, that's a good one...:thumbs: Also brings to mind LOST IN LA MANCHA - the behind the scenes of Gilliam's aborted first attempt at The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. (Also Great: Hearts of Darkness, Burden of Dreams, Under Pressure: Making The Abyss)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass
Yeah, that's a good one...:thumbs: Also brings to mind LOST IN LA MANCHA - the behind the scenes of Gilliam's aborted first attempt at The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. (Also Great: Hearts of Darkness, Burden of Dreams, Under Pressure: Making The Abyss)

Thanks for those, I’m gonna check them out. :thumbs:
Only one I’ve seen is Hearts of Darkness.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Thanks for those, I’m gonna check them out. :thumbs:
Only one I’ve seen is Hearts of Darkness.
Definitely see LOST IN LA MANCHA....and make BURDEN OF DREAMS a double feature with the movie it is about: Werner Herzog's FITZCARRALDO. It's the movie about a driven man who wants to bring an opera house into the jungle by boat over the mountains. And the doc is about a driven director who ACTUALLY is doing that to make the movie!!

Definitely see LOST IN LA MANCHA....and make BURDEN OF DREAMS a double feature with the movie it is about: Werner Herzog's FITZCARRALDO. It's the movie about a driven man who wants to bring an opera house into the jungle by boat over the mountains. And the doc is about a driven director who ACTUALLY is doing that to make the movie!!

Looks like I will have to buy them as they’re not avail on any streaming service here. But I will do that when the time comes ‘cause I love a good documentary.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Looks like I will have to buy them as they’re not avail on any streaming service here. But I will do that when the time comes ‘cause I love a good documentary.
Maybe cheap on ebay? (La Mancha isn't even on Blu ray!)
Great docs can be better than fiction! Did you see HOOP DREAMS? That one is epic.

FULL MOVIE!!:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Will this set play on a US ps4? And will the digital codes work for USA?
In regards to the Blu-rays
Warner Blu-ray releases are Region Free

4K UHD all are region free with every film distributors releases but you need a 4K UHD player to play that Disc

UV Digital Code will be for UK and Rep of Ireland

Finally got this in the mail today, what a beautiful edition... So glad that this masterpiece finally got a nicely designed edition that is blu ray case sized and not a big briefcase and still has everything in it that you could wish for, can't wait to watch the 4K version!

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
lovely pics, @GeoRattray @spass! :thumbs:

this is still available on amazon, still haven't bought it; really want it, but also wonder if i should be holding out for a Manta or similar premium release with 4K (not sure the HDZeta Silver label counts - if it had been gold...) some time in the future? i mean, i only have 4 versions of this film at the moment...

but it looks so pretty...
giphy.gif

Thanks, I collect steel books as the majority of what I have, missing out on amarays etc. I have two digipacks with this being one of them. The other is Star Wars 7 as it had 3d where the steelbook did not. I wasn't seriously going to get this but I would say anybody interested in Blade Runner or is a fan should get this set, Highly recommended.

If you only have four in your collection, get this and make it five. The final cut is recommended and @paulboland was recommending the workprint too once you've see all alternatives. I need to make time to watch that cut too :thumbs:

Thanks, I collect steel books as the majority of what I have, missing out on amarays etc. I have two digipacks with this being one of them. The other is Star Wars 7 as it had 3d where the steelbook did not. I wasn't seriously going to get this but I would say anybody interested in Blade Runner or is a fan should get this set, Highly recommended.

If you only have four in your collection, get this and make it five. The final cut is recommended and @paulboland was recommending the workprint too once you've see all alternatives. I need to make time to watch that cut too :thumbs:
cheers, thanks, mate. may well pick it up! i'm familiar with the various versions, enjoy the workprint just for its windows onto the film-making process (what got chucked, re-written, tweaked, etc). was mystified when i first saw the film why they'd want that crap voiceover (i know some like it), so was very pleased when the Director's came out, but agree with @paulboland @C.C. 95 that the Final is best. also, yes, Dangerous Days does indeed rock. :thumbs:

It's sold out but still available to order from Amazon with a long expected wait. Any chance they'll get it back in stock? My Zavvi order apparetly got lost in the mail; unfortunately never arrived, and HMV don't ship outside the UK

It's sold out but still available to order from Amazon with a long expected wait. Any chance they'll get it back in stock? My Zavvi order apparetly got lost in the mail; unfortunately never arrived, and HMV don't ship outside the UK

Which generally means it is OOS and wont come back. I've had an order in for 2 weeks and hasn't moved.