Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. It seemed to be the closest match so I'll give it a try. Apologies in advance if this belongs in a different forum.

I'm taking a family trip to Hong Kong and mainland China very soon. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Chinese Steelbook companies like Blufans offered up any of their releases at retail stores. I'll probably give HMV a once over just to see if any of the U.K. releases might have made their way over there, but otherwise I'm wondering if I should bother running into every home entertainment media store I see over there. :)

Thanks for any info!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. It seemed to be the closest match so I'll give it a try. Apologies in advance if this belongs in a different forum.

I'm taking a family trip to Hong Kong and mainland China very soon. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Chinese Steelbook companies like Blufans offered up any of their releases at retail stores. I'll probably give HMV a once over just to see if any of the U.K. releases might have made their way over there, but otherwise I'm wondering if I should bother running into every home entertainment media store I see over there. :)

Thanks for any info!

Moved your post here. Enjoy the trip!

Reactions: natlee75

Thanks for any info!

Not sure about South China or Hong Kong, but much higher chances than Northern China where I could not find a single entertainment store :confused:

Reactions: natlee75
Another site has announced a GB for Blufans Civil War on Sunday and posted photos of the WEA. I have seen no mention of it yet on HDN. Am I not following the proper threads?

I saw the mock shots for a while, but i guess you must mean a sample pic of the real steel.

hi! i'm hoping to buy my first blufans (zootopia) and i have some questions.
does blufans ship to hong kong? if it does, how do i go about ordering it? do they have an online shop that i can preorder?
thanks guys!

Website is listed a few posts above. I know they only ship to China. I have purchased all of my Blufans releases from eBay or through Group Buys which are hosted on this website. They sell out QUICKLY!

I read on another site that for 2017 you must purchase 30 Blufans titles to reach V.I.P. Status (up from 25)? Is this true? Thanks!
The number goes up typically every year as new titles get released.

However, you don't need to purchase 30 titles, you need to own 30 titles. Thus, one need to purchase five more titles to maintain the V.I.P. status from the previous year.

Reactions: Shaggy78
Would anyone else like to see Blufans release special editions for ALL the Disney 3D releases?

Specifically, I'd LOVE to have double Lentis for:
The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
but also:
Beauty & the Beast 3D
The Little Mermaid 3D
The Lion King 3D
Finding Nemo 3D
Malecifent 3D
Ratatouille 3D
Toy Story 1-3 3D
Monsters Inc 3D

I don't believe there are any special editions for Nightmare Before Christmas and it's one of my favorite movies of all time! And several on this list have still never received 3D releases state-side. :(

If anyone is interested, Kevin over at the other site is having a couple Mega group buy's right now, worth checking out if you are missing some stuff.

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

From Kevin on the other forum :

OK ladies and gentlemen, I am not going to tease you this time! Indeed, Blufans is exploring the possibility of releasing all previous Star Wars 6 movies in the WEA steelbooks. Still not yet confirmed and too early to tell, but things are looking bright! If everything goes smoothly, we might see half of them in the later of the year, and the rest in 2018. Start to collect your Blufans Exclusive Star Wars steelbooks now! And See you tomorrow!

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

From Kevin on the other forum :

OK ladies and gentlemen, I am not going to tease you this time! Indeed, Blufans is exploring the possibility of releasing all previous Star Wars 6 movies in the WEA steelbooks. Still not yet confirmed and too early to tell, but things are looking bright! If everything goes smoothly, we might see half of them in the later of the year, and the rest in 2018. Start to collect your Blufans Exclusive Star Wars steelbooks now! And See you tomorrow!
That's it, I've got to officially find me a pimp and take up prostitution!!! :mooning: :p