Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a few months back (maybe a year?:wow:) that Blufans wanted to open an international website for international customers. Did they change their mind or have i missed something? Thanks :)

I read a few months back (maybe a year?:wow:) that Blufans wanted to open an international website for international customers. Did they change their mind or have i missed something? Thanks :)
No activity on that front. I guess they have put the idea on back burner for now. Though GB are time consuming with lot of manual work but so far its been working good for BF on both sites.

Reactions: ty233
That's the way most Blu-fans releases are, even if there is a release date it very often gets delayed. It can be frustrating if you are waiting on a release. It's pretty much the norm now though and most people expect some kind of delay.
At least with Blufans, you know it will be within the year! Try collecting Hot Toys from Sideshow!:LOL:

Reactions: harry
That's the way most Blu-fans releases are, even if there is a release date it very often gets delayed. It can be frustrating if you are waiting on a release. It's pretty much the norm now though and most people expect some kind of delay.

Ha... never frustrating for me
patience is a virtue
when the product is eventually released, it'll be the best version out there
BLUFANS all the way

patience is a virtue
BLUFANS all the way

Even Blufans think that their delays are exceeding the norm and find them unacceptable ! They are changing the way they are doing things as per what I gathered/heard rumours starting with the GOTG release and from there... I think it has to do with the new lady working there for the logistic part of things. I hope that GOTG will be the start of more reasonable delays and a new way of operating for Blufans to be more customer oriented.

@charleybusko you can't say that even if in the end ''the finish product'' will be top notch, that a delay of 10 months is acceptable...I paid for thor 2, 10 months ago on pre-order, that IMO as a consumer is totally unacceptable. Even with Frozen 7 Months it took 'from pre-order to receiving them' is also unacceptable. They might produce the nicest slips and steels in the world, no matter how you want to put it ~ those are delays that do not make sense on a customer level.

I know you are in love with them to the point of no return, but logic has to set at one point ! I Still Love Blufans, but they are lucky they have such loyal customers because of their unique Products as there would not be any other company in the way that Blufans operated until now that would still be in business.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
@Actarus it's not the first time you're buying from Blufans so you should know better
delays are not acceptable without good communication, but it's a choice to buy
and you're still buying lol :naughty:
CORRECTION: I don't love BLUFANS... I really admire their steels and the top notch world class lentis they put out. It's just a part of my collecting hobby. ;)

@Actarus it's not the first time you're buying from Blufans so you should know better
delays are not acceptable without good communication, but it's a choice to buy
and you're still buying lol :naughty:

you are not getting my point ! They retain customers because of their unique products and they are worth it indeed in the end. But like I said, those delays are still unacceptable even though I decide to make the purchase.

• Helpful Post
@Actarus I get your point, but as I've mentioned to you in the past, you're aware of the delays but you still buy their products lol
I also pointed out that delays are not acceptable, but @ the end of the day, it's your choice to buy or not. Really simple :naughty:

patience is a virtue
BLUFANS all the way

That s a interesting comment as i was thinking before posted last comment.
Do they do it on purpose or are they just inept !!
what i mean by that can remember watching these documentary's on discovery etc on high end ,hard to get stuff.
And when they interview the head honchos ,they are like people should have to wait for our product we will release it when we are ready and decide to release it, not when people want it to be released
,Car, Suitcase , Handbag whatever .
They will say its part of the magic the dream, the drama,anticipating, waiting for it,building up to when you eventually get it
Not worried about other peoples comparably stuff or worried about people buying there product instead of there's. which is available before there's

That s a interesting comment as i was thinking before posted last comment.
Do they do it on purpose or are they just inept !!
what i mean by that can remember watching these documentary's on discovery etc on high end ,hard to get stuff.
And when they interview the head honchos ,they are like people should have to wait for our product we will release it when we are ready and decide to release it, not when people want it to be released
,Car, Suitcase , Handbag whatever .
They will say its part of the magic the dream, the drama,anticipating, waiting for it,building up to when you eventually get it
Not worried about other peoples comparably stuff or worried about people buying there product instead of there's. which is available before there's
its not on purpose but they often announce things well in advance before everything is started. Sometimes studios drag their feet on approving the artwork other times they have production issues and sometimes things just get busy.

Honestly I think every major group has had delays in the past year. FA constantly pushes releases by a week or too. Zavvi does the same. HDZeta has some major issues with gladiator. Everyone is just trying to release so many titles now that is a issue for everyone in the game.

Its not really a issue for me but for some it makes planning harder

Reactions: charleybusko
patience is a virtue
BLUFANS all the way
Not always, Wall E was a bit if a let down as have a few others. I do like blu-fans releases, there lentis and packages are top quality but the delays can become unacceptable. I do buy a few blu-fans but there QC is sometimes an issue aswell. I think they need to step up there game a litle with the amount of other retailers coming through.

Not always, Wall E was a bit if a let down as have a few others. I do like blu-fans releases, there lentis and packages are top quality but the delays can become unacceptable. I do buy a few blu-fans but there QC is sometimes an issue aswell. I think they need to step up there game a litle with the amount of other retailers coming through.
@luke98 @harry @Actarus
image.jpg

I think one thing has been apparently obvious ... with most all their Disney stuff it seems if they want new art they are forced to wait to be like last release. I'm sure same will happen with A:AoU

• Informative
I think one thing has been apparently obvious ... with most all their Disney stuff it seems if they want new art they are forced to wait to be like last release. I'm sure same will happen with A:AoU
These Disney releases have been soooo worth the wait tho...GOTG has been mind blowing