Buried Blu-ray Collector's Box Edition *CUSTOM*

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
cc352243e5hjf5uz.jpg.jpg

Some of you may have read on the Buried FNAC Spanish Edition thread that I'm currently in the process of building a custom Buried Box Edition. The movie is a really good movie and intense thriller starring Ryan Reynolds. It may or may not have strong replay value (depends if your watching with others who haven't seen it) but this edition popped in my mind and was too cool to pass up.

I also sent Scanavo an idea in regards to a steelbook based on this premise but I dont think it'll see the light of day. (nice pun to the movie)

I dont have much to post right now besides saying its coming a long nicely but I will have pictures to show probably by tonight.

Here is my timeline thus far ...

1.) Box has been made
2.) Sand packet has been made
3.) Pictures Printed
4.) Natural wood paint applied to box
5.) Poly Gloss Box, done.
6.) Remove Sand Packet ...
7.) Cut n apply pics
8.) Custom Lettering done, and applied
9.) Sand Packet thrown in bottom drawer for "looks"
10.) Added flask, awaiting mini flashlight and spanish FNAC edition w/ book and lighter.

Might weather the box down for extra realism. Will test that out on alt. wood here shortly.

Buried_Movie_Thriller_Ryan_Reynold_Hamilton_watch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's my box ... these pictures are actually after the paint job. For the most part it doesn't look like it was painted but in person you can tell it has a little bit. The previous coloration was just very pale.

I wanted to keep the original wood color as the coffin in the movie was that color. I also wanted to make it more like coffin size, but the width of sticking a movie in kinda steered me away from that and this is more like a wooden coffin box edition in the scheme of things.

I also wanted 2 spots where a movie could go ... this is in the idea that I'm going to get the spanish edition and put the movie (& Lighter) up top and book down below.

This is still a work in progress, though close to complete .......

These pictures are after the initial natural wood paint coat, but before the polyurethane gloss that I'm working on now.

DSCF7614.JPG

Front view (Picture Below)

DSCF7615.JPG

Front view, glass top center, sand packet is attached underneath glass. When you slowly shake the box the sand moves and when it does .... you will see ...... Oh, I guess I'll make you wait till I post the pic ;)

DSCF7616.JPG

Spread open, showing where both the movie and book from the special edition will be housed. If there is ever a steelbook, then steelbook up top and BD/Book below.

DSCF7617.JPG

Lid closed drawer out .. (Picture Below)

DSCF7618.JPG

Back View (Picture Below)

DSCF7619.JPG

Side View (Picture Below)

DSCF7620.JPG

Reactions: vurt and dirtyoak
Do you guys think I should leave it that color, or should I add a darker brown to it?

The poly gloss only shined it up a bit, so its still same color as the pics above.

i think it looks good now,if i remember rightly the coffin in the film was about the same colour.maybe a tiny bit darker,but it looks good to me:D

alright cool, im taking the sand pack off and putting it in another place , i think it will look b better.

Ok I took the sand packet off the top, and have decided to probably just use it in bottom drawer like pic shows, but I need to make another custom bag to fit. Really, it would look a lot better if I had a harder clear plastic. (almost like the ones that go on outside of photo albums)

B1.jpg

Added pic underneath scaled to fit ... ---^

In the pic below you can see I chose a pic that is looking from the side when opening, and then looking up on the bottom (where the blu will be placed) since its like he is looking up at you.

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

Everything open ...

B4.jpg

added custom lettering ...

B5.jpg

Sand and flask shown ...

B6.jpg

ordered a mini flashlight off of ebay to throw in the box too.

Attachments

• DSCN1537.JPG
    DSCN1537.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 140