Buried Blu-ray Collector's Box Edition *CUSTOM*

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
cc352243e5hjf5uz.jpg.jpg

Some of you may have read on the Buried FNAC Spanish Edition thread that I'm currently in the process of building a custom Buried Box Edition. The movie is a really good movie and intense thriller starring Ryan Reynolds. It may or may not have strong replay value (depends if your watching with others who haven't seen it) but this edition popped in my mind and was too cool to pass up.

I also sent Scanavo an idea in regards to a steelbook based on this premise but I dont think it'll see the light of day. (nice pun to the movie)

I dont have much to post right now besides saying its coming a long nicely but I will have pictures to show probably by tonight.

Here is my timeline thus far ...

1.) Box has been made
2.) Sand packet has been made
3.) Pictures Printed
4.) Natural wood paint applied to box
5.) Poly Gloss Box, done.
6.) Remove Sand Packet ...
7.) Cut n apply pics
8.) Custom Lettering done, and applied
9.) Sand Packet thrown in bottom drawer for "looks"
10.) Added flask, awaiting mini flashlight and spanish FNAC edition w/ book and lighter.

Might weather the box down for extra realism. Will test that out on alt. wood here shortly.

Buried_Movie_Thriller_Ryan_Reynold_Hamilton_watch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man it looks cool so far! Are u gonna use some sort of finish on the wood to make it look kinda like a coffin? Or have I missed the point of your view? Lol

Well the coffin in the movie was actually that color, the box was very pale, so I painted it a natural wood color and put poly gloss paint over so it looks a lot better in person.

I have debated making one a bit darker (also thought about just rubbing dirt and sand on the box to use that technique to give it a weathered somewhat beat up look) .... for realism I thought about writing stuff on the inside wood, as he had a pen in the movie and had to write down a lot of phone numbers and names. was thinknig of watching the movie again to get the exact stuff and put that in it. :)

What I said wasnt a spoiler btw for people who havent seen this movie.

I printed the pictures on photo paper.

Last edited:
Nice to look back and see what it was I was making last year at this time. haha.

Ok I took the sand packet off the top, and have decided to probably just use it in bottom drawer like pic shows, but I need to make another custom bag to fit. Really, it would look a lot better if I had a harder clear plastic. (almost like the ones that go on outside of photo albums)

View attachment 1379

Added pic underneath scaled to fit ... ---^

In the pic below you can see I chose a pic that is looking from the side when opening, and then looking up on the bottom (where the blu will be placed) since its like he is looking up at you.

View attachment 1380

View attachment 1381

Everything open ...

View attachment 1382

added custom lettering ...

View attachment 1383

Sand and flask shown ...

View attachment 1384

ordered a mini flashlight off of ebay to throw in the box too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bobino66
Actually, I just had WAY too much free time at work last year at that time ... so I did it there. ;p

That's an awesome collectible for an awesome one-time-viewing movie :D

lol you're so right. - But I just had to make it after seeing the movie. I mean you see wood box editions every so often and that one deserved it. heh.

I do LIKE the movie tho, very creative to film an entire movie inside a box. Supposedly there was no script too.

Cooey and myself are friend with a couple called M&J who make custom editions using clothing material for films.

i own a Crocodile Dundee double feature dvd with custom made leather waist coat

and i'll try and get them onboard actually

here is their blog

http://m-and-j-collection.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
lol you're so right. - But I just had to make it after seeing the movie. I mean you see wood box editions every so often and that one deserved it. heh.

I do LIKE the movie tho, very creative to film an entire movie inside a box. Supposedly there was no script too.

There was a script. It had a full script.

I liked the movie A LOT and am one of the only people who finds rematch value with it. I don't know, for some reason I can actually watch it again. But, to each is own. There are definitely some problems in the writing. (Especially the SSsssssss... You know what that means if you've seen it.)

Okay now time to look at the pictures to see your amateur work- AHHHHH!!!! IT'S INCREDIBLE!!! TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE ALL OF IT!

That is amazing work.