[CANCELED] The Green Hornet (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection) [Czech Republic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

20157824_805455062949354_2187082261189156524_o.jpg

Last edited:
Once again reaffirming by belief that the employees at FilmArena really do not know anything about these movies that they are selling. Quite sad.
Figure that out recently? :LOL: Some of us did within their first 10 or so releases. The only reason most of us bought because it cost 30-40 bucks. Once in a while they put out a good release though. But I was actually surprised to see them going over 70 releases...reaffirming my belief that we, movie collectors, are not picky enough. And that our expectations are low. Quite sad indeed.

Take a couple of beer, some mad friends (share your beer with them) and i will be a funny time :joy:
(hint: make this with the movie Harold & Kumar :)..one of my funniest evenings ever :D

Figure that out recently? :LOL: Some of us did within their first 10 or so releases. The only reason most of us bought because it cost 30-40 bucks. Once in a while they put out a good release though. But I was actually surprised to see them going over 70 releases...reaffirming my belief that we, movie collectors, are not picky enough. And that our expectations are low. Quite sad indeed.

But as their WWA releases became $55 then it was becoming ridiculous.

No, I didn't just "figure that out recently". I actually wrote "Once again reaffirming" because I've been buying FA from the very beginning of FAC and over the past couple years, I've just continued to buy less and less from them. The real kick in the head came when they took away my collectible number because I 1) wasn't buying every edition and 2) actually wanted a refund when a package never arrived and their horrible CS just stopped answering my emails.

I don't think any retailer is perfect but FA's slips are not interesting at all and their lack of actual love for the movie industry is too apparent. I don't know why so many people continue to buy them.

I don't think any retailer is perfect but FA's slips are not interesting at all and their lack of actual love for the movie industry is too apparent. I don't know why so many people continue to buy them.

This.

I've seen in lots of FA release threads the fanbois are always - wow that looks great, I'm sitting there thinking nope that looks rubbish... And all FA seem to know how to do is spot gloss on a slip, no other texturing and their lentis are abysmal.

And all FA seem to know how to do is spot gloss on a slip, no other texturing and their lentis are abysmal.
To be fair, they can produce amazing, textured slips when they make the effort, e.g., Jurassic World.

Unfortunately those have been in the minority with their recent releases.

Completely agree about their lentis, they should change their lenti supplier or forget about those altogether :pain: While they are occasionally passable, I just expect much more from FA.

While The Green Hornet steelbook is still one of my all time favorites, I certainly never thought that this film warranted a premium release. Still don't :LOL:

To be fair, they can produce amazing, textured slips when they make the effort, e.g., Jurassic World.

I agree Jurassic World is a lovely slip and it's one of the few FA that I still own, but it's a bit sad when you have to go back over 50 releases for an example of their nicely textured slip.
And tbh they could have done better on that as it's only the head and some leaves on the front that has texture the rest of the slip is smooth except that normal FA spot gloss on the lettering.
Compare it to Kimchi's Black Hawk Down or Arrival or Hitman 47 for that matter and they all have texturing as good if not better than FAs JW.

I don't know why I get so bored watching this movie
Maybe... it's a boring movie? Nah, that would be silly, I know.

all FA seem to know how to do is spot gloss on a slip, no other texturing
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I'm not a fanboy but I do own a few releases and the slips are top notch. Great texturing on Jurassic World and Edward Scissorhands and a nice silky finish on the black John Wick slip. Pictures just can't do them justice.

and their lentis are abysmal.
That is true, though.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I'm not a fanboy but I do own a few releases and the slips are top notch. Great texturing on Jurassic World and Edward Scissorhands and a nice silky finish on the black John Wick slip. Pictures just can't do them justice.

I know exactly what I'm talking about thanks. :p
Yep JW as I've said is very good texturing and so is ES. A silky finish for JWD isn't texturing :p And that's the reason that all three of those releases are some of the few FA releases that I still own.

Now name me another release from the last 50 of their releases that has had great texturing on the slip and hasn't been just spot gloss on a few bits. :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JCC
Status
Not open for further replies.