Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Captain America: The First Avenger BD+DVD Taiwan steelbook

Release date:10/27/2011

Purchase Link-Captain America Steelbook

137210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to mention something here, not strictly related to this item, but to the below quote:

...and it is a copy I received directly from JSDVD so absolutely it is the original release with no alterations.

Something that maybe others don't know, JSDVD do sometimes buy things at auction (and possibly at other stores), whether it be online or otherwise, and then sell them on the site. They revealed this to me when I bought a copy of Salt TW from them last year, when I had an issue with it's condition. So, while in principle you're right Leshita, it isn't impossible that they could buy a copy of something "with alterations".

Anyway, back to your scheduled programming...

@toonlad to show you by what I meant when you asked me why it was a Grail Release(CA Taiwan when we discussed in ''The CA Japan other thread'')
Captain America Taiwan like I said is one of the rarest most sought after steel.
Like I had told you In Taiwan you can't even find this used or new even in shops there.

Once in a Blue Moon a Copy will appear on bay but being such a sought after steel, the Market Price is relatively high...
I had asked once the advice of my Taiwan contact (as he is an expert in Taiwanese steel) when I purchased my own copy to make sure I wasn't over paying.

here is a copy that just sold(just to see what I was talking about), it sold a little lower than I was expecting it to be;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221568985101?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648

...it could have gone higher...

@toonlad to show you by what I meant when you asked me why it was a Grail Release(CA Taiwan when we discussed in ''The CA Japan other thread'')
Captain America Taiwan like I said is one of the rarest most sought after steel.
Like I had told you In Taiwan you can't even find this used or new even in shops there.

Once in a Blue Moon a Copy will appear on bay but being such a sought after steel, the Market Price is relatively high...
I had asked once the advice of my Taiwan contact (as he is an expert in Taiwanese steel) when I purchased my own copy to make sure I wasn't over paying.

here is a copy that just sold(just to see what I was talking about), it sold a little lower than I was expecting it to be;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221568985101?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648

...it could have gone higher...

Got to be mad to spend that on a J card! (Which is essentially all you're buying, can get that steel for £25 easily these days)

Got to be mad to spend that on a J card! (Which is essentially all you're buying, can get that steel for £25 easily these days)

That is what collecting is, it's part of it. It's not just about the steel (and I am not the one who made this release a Grail Release, it just happened to become one), the other steels you are talking about, they are not on a ''collectible level'' as this Taiwan release is or the Amazon Japan one as well (both became the only 2 Grail release of CA).

its a grail for those who put value in rare slips etc. Compared to many quarterslips its also much more appealing due to the character image on front.

Reactions: dipzy and Actarus
$600 shipped. A sealed IM FS went for like $601 in July but exact same pic from exact same seller sold early this month for $490. So I just assume the first buyer backed out hence my statement that this sold for more than IM FS sealed.

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
$600 shipped. A sealed IM FS went for like $601 in July but exact same pic from exact same seller sold early this month for $490. So I just assume the first buyer backed out hence my statement that this sold for more than IM FS sealed.

For captain America Taiwan for the few copies I've seen sold as it is extremely rare, it sold from 586$ to 759$