Feb 1, 2011
China
Captain America: The First Avenger BD+DVD Taiwan steelbook

Release date:10/27/2011

Purchase Link-Captain America Steelbook

137210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the way I see it...

I prefer to drive a BMW with nice leather seat (the slipcover) than a regular seat (non-slipcover). Some folks don't care about the leather seat...and some must have it :D In the end, it is still a BMW...one is fancier than the others :D

Yea it is personal preference pretty much. My main collection is hot toys figure and Steelbook is my secondary focus. Still a nice steel to have in the collection but only will pursue it if I got disposable income or can get it cheaper then what I paid iron man future shop.

Yep, the way I see it...

I prefer to drive a BMW with nice leather seat (the slipcover) than a regular seat (non-slipcover). Some folks don't care about the leather seat...and some must have it :D In the end, it is still a BMW...one is fancier than the others :D

I think the difference with this one right now is the steelbook that can be acquired for as low as $75 where as 'the leather seat' would cost $600 :hilarious:

Reactions: Chandler_90
I'm not going to lie I have been contemplating whether to go for it :naughty:. It's the slip that makes it different from the other releases. Once Steelbooks started receiving worldwide releases it ruined the exclusivity. It's the slips and booklets that make it worthwhile.

I'm not going to lie I have been contemplating whether to go for it :naughty:. It's the slip that makes it different from the other releases. Once Steelbooks started receiving worldwide releases it ruined the exclusivity. It's the slips and booklets that make it worthwhile.

Well this is the 'grail' slip for CA and 'the' one to get IMO. The question is can you justify spending $500 - $600 for it? :naughty: or an expensive trade?

Going forward, I believe the only steels that will command very high prices in future will be the Asian steels with nice slipcovers. They have built in rarity value right from the get-go (many are hard to get even before they're released) and aren't likely to be re-issued.

Many guys new to steelbooks don't really get the appeal of them, but seasoned collectors tend to prize them very highly, hence the high eBay prices. Releases like the Taiwanese Amazing Spider-Man and Korean Snow White & the Huntsman are far more likely to become future grails than anything coming out of Europe, Canada or the US.

time to dump this steelbook folks...

lol maybe I wrote that wrong ... its the exact same thing ... ie g2 its just an extra thing added to it .... like a "finish" etc. But something that helps collectors. It wont devalue any steelbook, and who knows if itll be utilized much because its a service the movie studio would have to pay for...

Reactions: ash333
lol maybe I wrote that wrong ... its the exact same thing ... ie g2 its just an extra thing added to it .... like a "finish" etc. But something that helps collectors. It wont devalue any steelbook, and who knows if itll be utilized much because its a service the movie studio would have to pay for...
Thanks for the info Wreck, now that would be nice indeed :D

This beauty is a keeper no matter what the next cool thing might be :naughty:

Thanks for the info Wreck, now that would be nice indeed :D

This beauty is a keeper no matter what the next cool thing might be :naughty:

yeah it wouldnt affect the value of this steel for instance. Or any previous steel for that matter.

This has now gone up to £255.00 with still 3 Days to go!!!
EEK!

I would love to own this Steelbook but at that price and increasing daily my partner would kill me...lol

:D

Going forward, I believe the only steels that will command very high prices in future will be the Asian steels with nice slipcovers. They have built in rarity value right from the get-go (many are hard to get even before they're released) and aren't likely to be re-issued.

Many guys new to steelbooks don't really get the appeal of them, but seasoned collectors tend to prize them very highly, hence the high eBay prices. Releases like the Taiwanese Amazing Spider-Man and Korean Snow White & the Huntsman are far more likely to become future grails than anything coming out of Europe, Canada or the US.

"Only Asian steels with nice slips" will increase in value? I can't agree with this assessment. I don't see the grails (mostly, the blue banners) going anywhere. As matter of fact, its the grails that jumped in price more than any other "exclusive" countries release. As for a built in rarity, that is debatable. If you're talking about exclusive stickers and slips, then you are correct. If you're talking about the steel itself, very few, if any are rare.

My pick for what will increase the most is not those Asian titles, but the FS Viva Disneys. When the U.S finally gets on board, and when we're finally out of this recession, I believe these Vivas will just explode. Disney is one of the most collectible brand on the face of this earth, and the quality is second to none. If you like embossing, no printed backs, and no slips to block out the artwork of the steel itself, the Vivas are for you.

By 'going forward' I was referring to releases from this point onward. And I didn't say Asian steels would be the *only* steels to rise in value, just that they would be the ones likely to reach very high prices. Some of the recent releases from Korea are already selling for several hundred dollars, and I can't think of anything else that's appreciating in value that quickly. Anyone looking for a sound steelbook investment need look no further than the limited Asian releases.

I don't get the love for owning the same product several times over just because it has a cardboard slip on it.

Then again, I open all mine to watch so it doesn't matter what's stuck to it, it all goes in the bin.