Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
WWA artwork
300 copies

Lenticular image
1.gif

Last edited:
Of course, we all have different opinion on things. I wouldn't have it any other way. Regarding HDN's awards: although I disagree with the outcome, I can understand why GOTG won. But that's a discussion for another time. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it a close call between Avengers and GOTG? (I can't seem to find the voting threads :confused:)

Anyways, on topic, I wouldn't call blurry lenticulars "top notch". I believe Blufans' lenticulars gave a good amount of depth, but clarity and the ability of the images to move fluently are just as important. If you were to move the lentis left to right, you should be able to notice how BF's lenti seem a bit "jerky" and NM's seem to move "smoothly". :)

I remember putting in my vote and noticing that there was no way Avengers could catch up to GotG. I think it was roughly 14 votes for Avengers vs 50+ for GotG at the time. I was quite disappointed when I saw that.

I don't think BFs lentis are jerky. The Thor lenticular comes to mind when talking about smoothness, clarity, and depth. The Drive and Nightcrawler lenticulars seem a bit "jerky" to me. Not that I'm complaining, I'm a sucker for a good lenticular slip any day of the week.

I remember putting in my vote and noticing that there was no way Avengers could catch up to GotG. I think it was roughly 14 votes for Avengers vs 50+ for GotG at the time. I was quite disappointed when I saw that.

I don't think BFs lentis are jerky. The Thor lenticular comes to mind when talking about smoothness, clarity, and depth. The Drive and Nightcrawler lenticulars seem a bit "jerky" to me. Not that I'm complaining, I'm a sucker for a good lenticular slip any day of the week.
Of course, I didn't say all of BF's are like that. I was referring to GOTG specifically. BF has some great lenti's though. Like you said, Thor is one their best work. They did well with Thor 2 too. Another great one was Transformers; great depth and clarity.

Drive and Nightcrawler were couple of NM's 'let down', imo. They were similar. They both had amazing depth but something was off. Even in terms of clarity, wasn't as good as some of their previous work. Do you have Edge of Tomorrow? I think that is the best they've done. I always wondered how they achieved that kind of depth while maintaining clear images.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I will probably pick up Chappie. I don't think anything could beat FA's full slip, but like yourself, I'mma sucker for a good lenti slip any day of the week. :D

Reactions: JCC
Pass for me as well, so delightfully happy with my ''film arena Collection'' edition :drool:

Movie was not good enough to pick up multiple country releases of it
Those Tugs trying to make Chappie a home boy was just getting so extremely much on my nerves, those characters ruined the movie for me

Reactions: harry
Reactions: harry
Mine too but to be honest all 3 are very nice, only wish American Sniper had the treatment too

Funnily enough I thought American Sniper was a lenti ... but was shocked to discover it wasn't. I was expecting the American Sniper slip to have a lenti similar to Novamedias Lone Survivor

Reactions: jammmy