Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
WWA artwork
300 copies

Lenticular image
1.gif

Last edited:
Funnily enough I thought American Sniper was a lenti ... but was shocked to discover it wasn't. I was expecting the American Sniper slip to have a lenti similar to Novamedias Lone Survivor

Imagine American Sniper Like that

I love the whole Nova Lone Survivor Package. Top Notch All Round. Lenti is the way to go now. (In my opinion)

Reactions: JCC and InAFalsetto
Not sure what all the hate is on this release. It looks great and to be honest i think it actually looks better than the Filmarena edition.... but that is my opinion.

Its a Blufans, of course its better LOL :thumbs: It looks amazing in hand :LOL:

What it boils down to is do you like the lenticular of BF or the Full Slip of FAC. I like Full Slips any day of the week. Lenticuars only magnify the micro scratches and glue marks which is why I dont like them.

Blufans typical "fold & tuck" (or whatever it's called :p) slip design is vastly inferior (IMHO) to the slip build quality of FA, which is just one of the reasons why I'd easily appoint Film Arena as the winner in this given "Chappie" example... :coffee:

HDzeta have since upgraded their slip supplier and improved slip build quality while Blufans seem content to just keep theirs as is... For me personally, and as a collector, I detest a slip manufactured in this fashion and don't associate it with being of "premium" quality (I have tatty old DVD releases with slips to the exact same "fold & tuck" design! :LOL:)

If Blufans were able and willing to upgrade to a thicker card stock supplier, I'd be all over A LOT more of their releases... But this is just my 2 cents, Blufans VIP's :sing: Please don't shut me down... :hilarious:

Blufans typical "fold & tuck" (or whatever it's called :p) slip design is vastly inferior (IMHO) to the slip build quality of FA, which is just one of the reasons why I'd easily appoint Film Arena as the winner in this given "Chappie" example... :coffee:

HDzeta have since upgraded their slip supplier and improved slip build quality while Blufans seem content to just keep theirs as is... For me personally, and as a collector, I detest a slip manufactured in this fashion and don't associate it with being of "premium" quality (I have tatty old DVD releases with slips to the exact same "fold & tuck" design! :LOL:)

If Blufans were able and willing to upgrade to a thicker card stock supplier, I'd be all over A LOT more of their releases... But this is just my 2 cents, Blufans VIP's :sing: Please don't shut me down... :hilarious:

So i am not saying the Quality of Filmarena is bad by any means, what i am saying is the artwork itself. The Artwork on the Slip of Filmarena is nice and all but i just feel like the Lenti Artwork is far superior IMO. Like i said not taking anything away from the Quality of the Product as far as the Slip, just stating the artwork it self.

To me Blufans never fails me. Has Blufans failed you? They have top notch Lenti like Captain Americas, Thors, Etc.... I buy based on 2 things - If the film is great to me and is worth owning & If i truly like the Artwork. So then i then compare all artworks coming out of all editions/Available and go from there.

If Blufans were able and willing to upgrade to a thicker card stock supplier, I'd be all over A LOT more of their releases... But this is just my 2 cents, Blufans VIP's :sing: Please don't shut me down... :hilarious:[/QUOTE]

So i am not saying the Quality of Filmarena is bad by any means, what i am saying is the artwork itself. The Artwork on the Slip of Filmarena is nice and all but i just feel like the Lenti Artwork is far superior IMO. Like i said not taking anything away from the Quality of the Product as far as the Slip, just stating the artwork it self.

To me Blufans never fails me. Has Blufans failed you? They have top notch Lenti like Captain Americas, Thors, Etc.... I buy based on 2 things - If the film is great to me and is worth owning & If i truly like the Artwork. So then i then compare all artworks coming out of all editions/Available and go from there.
The Lenti for Iron-Man by BF was horrible. No depth, blurry. It wasn't one of it greatest. B

Again... i am not reffering to the quality of the product. I was referring to the actual Artwork. I was just stating that i like the Chappie art for blufans more than Filmarena's thats all.

@RzSamurai I wasn't quoting anyone's post specifically but merely stating my own personal thoughts and reasoning why I believe Chappie FAC outshines Blufans in this case...

I like the lenti image implemented here but that still isn't enough for me to favour BF and shell out for this release over FA. I could have purchased this single edition for $60 (£42 ish) + "X" shipping cost via a GB here on HDN. Chappie FAC was originally 700 CZK (£20-£21) + a combined shipping cost via Karel's GB which made this a very easy pass. For me, I know which has a lot more BANG for it's buck... ;)

In regards to your question "has Blufans ever failed me?", I wouldn't go as far to say that at all but I could perhaps use the phrase "let down" or words such as "underwhelmed" or "disappointed"... (n) I could give an example but that would be for a separate topic and thread :p

@RzSamurai I wasn't quoting anyone's post specifically but merely stating my own personal thoughts and reasoning why I believe Chappie FAC outshines Blufans in this case...

I like the lenti image implemented here but that still isn't enough for me to favour BF and shell out for this release over FA. I could have purchased this single edition for $60 (£42 ish) + "X" shipping cost via a GB here on HDN. Chappie FAC was originally 700 CZK (£20-£21) + a combined shipping cost via Karel's GB which made this a very easy pass. For me, I know which has a lot more BANG for it's buck... ;)

In regards to your question "has Blufans ever failed me?", I wouldn't go as far to say that at all but I could perhaps use the phrase "let down" or words such as "underwhelmed" or "disappointed"... (n) I could give an example but that would be for a separate topic and thread :p

Fully agree with you :thumbs: ...for me Blufans yes they have made wonderful releases and some of excellent quality, but with them you never know its either hit or miss or they put out something which is ''acceptable'' that people will buy only because it is a ''Blufans'' release. But for me ''Acceptable'' is not enough for a Collectible Item. I believe that Blufans need to ''up their game'' this year and pull their act together, especially since FAC keep growing and coming on Strong and not to mention the newbie Manta Lab putting their words as quality WEA releases for the collector.

Last edited:
With Blufans it's not even about the card stock. They just produce next level lenticulars and steelbooks. The WEA steels they make are always on point !

I like how points were being made about the artwork but then turned into quality.

So many people talk about the booklets or art cards and the extras. I get that, it's awesome however at the end of the day my steelbooks sit on a shelf. I don't handle them hundreds of times or even just a few a week. If I have seen the movie I just browse through the the extras and put it back on the shelf. So my long point here is for me it to is about the artwork. I look at each release as if I'm buying a painting. I want something that when I walk into the room, something catches my eye, and other than IM blufans has never let me down.

"Now, I forgive you bad man" - Chappie.