Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
Capture.PNG
lscc-header.png

STAN LEE Headlines the London Super Comic Convention

stan-lee.jpg

ExCeL London

Saturday, Feb 25th, 2012 (10:00 - 18:00)
Sunday, Feb 26th, 2012 (10:00 - 17:00)

VIP Meet Stan the Man http://lscc.squarespace.com/stan-lee/

Info: http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com/

Stan the Man is schedulled to attend both days, I guess this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the Marvel comic book godfather :scat:

Guests and signing: http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com/guests/

I for one will be attending on the Saturday...Anyone else? Let's turn this into a HDN Con :oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ pud +1 :angry: should have been NEC

Shocking mate, its working out cheaper to go a weeks holiday to spain. I was going to suggest that any of us going should meet up for lunch or something. That was till the prices started mounting up and I just decided screw that :(

really you gotta pay for the autograph at these things ?

Sometimes free, but mostly charge between £15 - £25, although the highest I've seen in person was Christopher Lambert who was charging £35 a signature!!!

I don't mind paying though if it's someone I really want to meet :)

Perhaps there might be some kind person going to this who I could send my Avengers steelies too, to get Mr Lee to sign them :naughty:

Yeah, not gonna happen, he probably asks a hefty fee, and the Organization has to earn that back.
Only one I saw signing for free at such an event was Udo Kier at weekend of horrors Bottrop ( the first one I believe) and Ladislav Bernan( hellboy) and Joseph Bradna(hostel)at this years weekend of horrors.

wow Stan Lee :drool::drool:

So gonna have to try and go.

Does anyone know if there is a queue system? Ive been to a few conventions and the ones with no system are brutal, sometimes queue for hours, whereas the system you get a timeslot which is soooo much better

Most I ever paid for an auto was £20 and that was the legend George A Romero :drool::drool: got 3 sigs of him now, such a great bloke who will chat with you and let you take photos etc..legend

now must get the time off

I was looking into going to this But the prices of travel are F****g ridiculous :angry:.
There would be no change out of £200 just for getting there and back, not taking into account entry or food ect and either having to start at 4am on the morning of, to fly plus a minimum of 1hr 30 mins train or 5hrs train with a couple of changes but even with first train from Scotland would still arrive 1hr after it starts.

Doing the 2 day thing is even more expensive flights are slightly cheaper but then hotel bills OMG.

London is the worst place in this entire country to travel to not to mention the biggest rip off. What a*****e decided to have it there :angry::(

I'll put you up Pud :)

Booked

Tickets booked, attending on the saturday.
Steelbook signing is GOING to have to take place... I Hope.
What a day its gunna be man. What a Legend Stan is.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Sure there will be some form of queing system, maybe some conventions dont but surely London of all places with an even this big would sort summin out ? right ? :)

Tickets booked, attending on the saturday.
Steelbook signing is GOING to have to take place... I Hope.
What a day its gunna be man. What a Legend Stan is.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Sure there will be some form of queing system, maybe some conventions dont but surely London of all places with an even this big would sort summin out ? right ? :)

If it's anything at all like London Comic-Con, Collectormania etc they'll have a virtual ticket queuing system

Sometimes free, but mostly charge between £15 - £25, although the highest I've seen in person was Christopher Lambert who was charging £35 a signature!!!

I don't mind paying though if it's someone I really want to meet :)

Perhaps there might be some kind person going to this who I could send my Avengers steelies too, to get Mr Lee to sign them :naughty:

Signing should be free. Don't know if Stan is going to charge but I'll pay anyways LOL!

wow I did not know signings were like a paid thing at comic con's. I was thinking about going to SDCC at some point since its a few hour flight from Vancouver but eh I dunno. Ive grown to like comic book stuff a lot recently (been reading quite a few) but charging for autographs is kind of shallow? no?

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that but I just can't see myself paying for a signature (unless proceeds were for charity or a cause of some sorts). I mean it seems like to me thats what makes the autographs's from people you adore special is the intrinsic value that they signed something for you from their goodwill like athletes do generally.

I guess its kind of similar to how people pay for backstage passes at concerts or sporting events which I have done myself a couple times so its not that inconceivable I guess.