UK
Release date: May 5, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €24.99

81ZuuUuOm-L._SX385_.jpg

81QjlM2rdhL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts III and IV are the best IMO!

I'd say you'll needed to have grown up watching them to fully appreciate them. They probably won't have dated very well now at this stage to a first time viewer!

I'd have to disagree I actually just watched all the Rocky movies some time after the new one came out on DVD and I really enjoyed them. I thought the first one was kinda long and slow but still for some reason I just got so into them alot.In fact I enjoyed them so much I want to rewatch them all over again, I just have to convince the wife to do it again because she doesn't know why I want to lol. It's not that she doesn't like them, but just probably doesn't care to watch em again.

Anyway on to this movie, I am really excited to get/see this movie but since I don't have the other 6 in steelbook I probably won't get the steelbook version :( lol oh well I still cannot wait to see this.

How about Grudge Match, does that compare to these at all? I own that but still have yet to watch it so just wondering how some Rocky fans feel about it?

I preordered it. Enjoyed the movie and was happy to hear about a Creed steelbook being released. Longtime Rocky fan since the day my parents took me to see the first one back in the 70s.

I'd have to disagree I actually just watched all the Rocky movies some time after the new one came out on DVD and I really enjoyed them. I thought the first one was kinda long and slow but still for some reason I just got so into them alot.In fact I enjoyed them so much I want to rewatch them all over again, I just have to convince the wife to do it again because she doesn't know why I want to lol. It's not that she doesn't like them, but just probably doesn't care to watch em again.

Anyway on to this movie, I am really excited to get/see this movie but since I don't have the other 6 in steelbook I probably won't get the steelbook version :( lol oh well I still cannot wait to see this.

How about Grudge Match, does that compare to these at all? I own that but still have yet to watch it so just wondering how some Rocky fans feel about it?

Ugh, Grudge Match cannot even compare. The only reason why it was made is because it pits "Rocky" vs "Raging Bull." But it has none of the class or the interesting plotlines of either movie. I watched it and it felt like a huge waste of time.

Ugh, Grudge Match cannot even compare. The only reason why it was made is because it pits "Rocky" vs "Raging Bull." But it has none of the class or the interesting plotlines of either movie. I watched it and it felt like a huge waste of time.

lol I've never seen Raging Bull but I didn't even realize that until now, hmm how is Raging Bull then, should I give that a watch also?

lol I've never seen Raging Bull but I didn't even realize that until now, hmm how is Raging Bull then, should I give that a watch also?

Yes, Raging Bull is a classic! One of de Niro's finest works. Other boxing movies I recommend are The Fighter, Million Dollar Baby, and Cinderella Man.

Reactions: harry
I absolutely love Rocky's Anthology (except Rocky V). Hey @Noodles did you ended up watching Rocky Balboa (AKA VI) as well? It's my second favourite just behind the first one.

I haven't watched Creed completely yet. I started watching another day but I had to stop after 30 min. Fatherhood = no time for 2 hours movie

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles and harry
I absolutely love Rocky's Anthology (except Rocky V). Hey @Noodles did you ended up watching Rocky Balboa (AKA VI) as well? It's my second favourite just behind the first one.

I haven't watched Creed completely yet. I started watching another day but I had to stop after 30 min. Fatherhood = no time for 2 hours movie
I did buddy, and I can't say I was a big fan of VI unfortunately... not that I hated it though. I really enjoyed the first two films, and the third was okay, but it all started to go a bit down hill after that IMO. Overall, I enjoyed the franchise, so will definitely watch them again at some point, and may even enjoy them more now that I know what to expect. :)