Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

02-525976.jpg

Reactions: DMD4k
Watched this the other night and loved it. Will definitely be picking it up, really brilliant extension to the Rocky legacy - and hell, Sly and Dolph squaring up as Rocky and Drago again. How could you not love it

Still not watched either of the Creed movies yet but would loved to get them to watch. However, why must HMV force 4K on us all? £30 is just far too expensive. Why not give 2 options as we clearly dont all want 4K...It's making steelbook collecting really difficult to afford!!

Reactions: lights
Loved the first Creed movie, and don't actually have any Steelbook come to think of it :bag: Passed on FAC's editions too..

Thing is with these 4K releases, for those that buy simply for the 4K UHD experience, what's the point in even having the standard 2D disk I have to wonder?? :wacky: Just unnecessary extra cost for what's ultimately another redundant disk, no?! I myself have a 4K set-up downstairs in the lounge but not upstairs in my bedroom where I can also watch movies etc, so the two kinda work out for me, I guess.. :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Loved the first Creed movie, and don't actually have any Steelbook come to think of it :bag: Passed on FAC's editions too..

Thing is with these 4K releases, for those that buy simply for the 4K UHD experience, what's the point in even having the standard 2D disk I have to wonder?? :wacky: Just unnecessary extra cost for what's ultimately another redundant disk, no?! I myself have a 4K set-up downstairs in the lounge but not upstairs in my bedroom where I can also watch movies etc, so the two kinda work out for me, I guess.. :confused:

If I recall, that was the original thinking behind including a DVD copy in with blu-ray releases. In the beginning they figured people would not have 2 blu-ray players because of the cost so they included the DVD so that it could be watched in places that you didn't have a blu-ray player. Like for kids in the car on portable players. Or at the cottage or to take a copy when visiting others.

So I'm guessing same idea now with 4K. Like you mentioned.

Reactions: Mickle_89

Due to file sizes double layer BDs rarely hold more than the UHD movie and audio tracks, for some reason studios have settled on including a HD copy for the extras rather than using a triple layer disc. The only triple layer discs I'm aware of were only used due to the length of the movie like BvS Ultimate Edition. I doubt this will change unless they start including extras in UHD quality.

Of course this also makes it look like better value for money and encourages future proofing.

Due to file sizes double layer BDs rarely hold more than the UHD movie and audio tracks, for some reason studios have settled on including a HD copy for the extras rather than using a triple layer disc. The only triple layer discs I'm aware of were only used due to the length of the movie like BvS Ultimate Edition. I doubt this will change unless they start including extras in UHD quality.

Of course this also makes it look like better value for money and encourages future proofing.

Yes that's right. I forgot about that. I don't have 4K myself but I have noticed on the back of J-cards for steelbooks that the 4K UHD discs only contain the movie and all of the extras are on the standard blu-ray disc. So I guess there won't be many 4K only releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
I'm fairly happy with that... I prefer it to the white one anyway (don't like the mixture of coloured art on the front versus b&w on the back).