Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

True Lies (1994)

TrueLies.png

Quick one from yesterday for someone on Twitter who wanted to see what a True Lies steelbook could look like. Seemed to be quite popular idea.

Stunning! @TheJoker
I wonder what you'd come up with if you put even more time in it. Although I'd be all over this "quick one" already. :thumbs:

If only it were easier to make steelbooks in small print runs or rather there were less legal issues with artwork etc.

So much greatness in this thread. :drool:

oh man! Congrats!! Now reply to him and ask him if he can get approval for your concept for all retailers!! ...plus maybe 20% of all steelbook sales:D:thumbs:
Thanks dude! Screw that... I'll demand free steelbooks for life as payment. ;)

Love when that happens. Artist of my True Lies concept like mine on Twitter
It's definitely an awesome feeling knowing they check out your work. Sad thing is... I wasn't even aware he'd 'liked' my post until someone pointed it out to me. :bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
t2YLIpS.jpg

in anticipation of HDzetas Dark Knight announcement

I was thinking about doing concept work for the Trilogy but I couldn't work out which imagery I wanted to use. I like your concept, The Dark Knight definitely feels like it needs a 'Joker Edition' like this that uses the posters that have been 'modified' by the Joker.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drumass
Well technically they are custom steelbooks, with alternate art from proper releases so I don't see a problem continuing to post in here

Like your choice for the Civil War. I'm looking on my phone screen so can't get the detail but it looks very good

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Blood Drive (2017)

BloodDrive.png

Currently watching this and loving it. Wish it hadn't been cancelled because a load of steelbooks with art like this would be fantastic. Front and rear artworks were from different format posters hence why they don't line up properly in places. It's my first attempt at an all over design, but it gives the idea I'm going for.

Blood Drive (2017)

View attachment 341981

Currently watching this and loving it. Wish it hadn't been cancelled because a load of steelbooks with art like this would be fantastic. Front and rear artworks were from different format posters hence why they don't line up properly in places. It's my first attempt at an all over design, but it gives the idea I'm going for.
Nice work! Got to love wraparounds on steels. :D

Can't say I've ever heard of the show, but it looks... interesting.

Reactions: TheJoker