Multi Dead Island: Riptide [USA]

Looks like the US is getting a version of this to.

Heres the link:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dead+Island+Riptide+Steelbook+Case+%28Gift+with+Purchase%29+-+Xbox+360%2C+PlayStation+3/6554282.p?id=1218752783221&skuId=6554282&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FDead%2BIsland%2BRiptide%2BSteelbook%2BCase%2B%28Gift%2Bwith%2BPurchase%29%2B-%2BXbox%2B360%252C%2BPlayStation%2B3%2F6554282.p%3Fid%3D1218752783221%26skuId%3D6554282&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

6554282.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I'm sure you have to actually preorder the game at the store to pick up the steelbook, but if you don't really want the game itself (at least not for $60) can you just not pick up the preorder and avoid the credit card charge? Never pre-ordered at Best Buy actually.

Last edited:
By the way, I'm sure you have to actually preorder the game at the store to pick up the steelbook, but if you don't really want the game itself (at least not for $60) can you just not pick up the preorder and avoid the credit card charge? Never pre-ordered at Best Buy actually.

The pre-order at Best Buy or for that fact at GameStop requires only a small down payment. In this case, it is $5 like the Assassin's Creed 3 pre-order steelbook. You have up to 5 days after the release to use that $5 pre-payment to buy the actual game and pay $5 less for it. You should never be charged full price for any pre-order item.

Reactions: tossin
G1 or not, it's an awesome SB!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Most of my Video Game steels are G1:D and they look awesome for:cool:

I just have to say that this steelbook and others like it with its intricate art and color palette are examples of why SteelBooks™ is the de facto standard collectible packaging manufacturer for video games and movies. I have yet to see a similar artwork on the Viva Metal Box or Metalpak with the same quality although the Blufans' Real Steel comes close but not to this level of detail and depth especially across the spine and both front and back covers. This one is just too beautiful to be left on the shelf with the rest of the steelbooks. It needs to be displayed. And for $5, it is a no-brainer.

I just have to say that this steelbook and others like it with its intricate art and color palette are examples of why SteelBooks™ is the de facto standard collectible packaging manufacturer for video games and movies. I have yet to see a similar artwork on the Viva Metal Box or Metalpak with the same quality although the Blufans' Real Steel comes close but not to this level of detail and depth especially across the spine and both front and back covers. This one is just too beautiful to be left on the shelf with the rest of the steelbooks. It needs to be displayed. And for $5, it is a no-brainer.

I'll go one separation further and say that videogame steelbooks are generally more creative and varied than their bluray counterparts.

Reactions: ash333
I'll go one separation further and say that videogame steelbooks are generally more creative and varied than their bluray counterparts.

I'd have to agree with that. VG steelbooks are really beautiful and use unique artwork unlike what many BluRay steelbooks use.

Finally picked some up, got home and Opened this Baby up. I gotta say this is one BEAUTIFUL Steel:) Love the way it has a nice Bling Effect and the Rain Effect looks Badass!!! i dont think if seen any other steelbook like this one:scat: Also on the Inside it has some Zombies on the Far Right corner;) didn't even noticed them till now

Last edited:
Finally picked some up, got home and Opened this Baby up. I gotta say this is one BEAUTIFUL Steel:) Love the way it has a nice Bling Effect and the Rain Effect looks Badass!!! i dont think if seen any other steelbook like this one:scat: Also on the Inside it has some Zombies on the Far Right corner;) didn't even noticed them till now

This one is indeed one very special steelbook - there seems to be something new to discover in each viewing.

Got mine Friday night but I opened it like an idiot with scissors and put a small faint scratch across the top lol oops :p At least it's not noticeable and yea it looks awesome as hell! I was about to leave thinking they didn't have any, when they had it in a standee with about 15 steelbooks lol and they had the old game in there as well which was kinda weird.

Got mine Friday night but I opened it like an idiot with scissors and put a small faint scratch across the top lol oops :p At least it's not noticeable and yea it looks awesome as hell! I was about to leave thinking they didn't have any, when they had it in a standee with about 15 steelbooks lol and they had the old game in there as well which was kinda weird.

BlackRob, can you elaborate on "the old game in there?" Do you mean the steelbook of the previous game or just the regular case of the previous game?

I meant the had the old video game in the standee as well, just in the regular case. Weird thing though is that it was only for PS3 and even in the PS3 section there was Dead Island but nothing in the xbox section or standee.