Dedicated "Zavvi Exclusive" Steelbook Sub-Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBC28

Premium Supporter
Jan 11, 2013
Purgatory
Hello,

First of all; i know that most of you know i don't particularly care for Zavvi, at all. However, this thread has nothing to do with my personal feelings about this "retailer" - for it is merely an observation of the inconvenience of this matter, and a suggestion for a slight alteration to the current setup to make it a little easier for all of us. If it was any other company releasing causing this many threads to pop up, i'd struggle with exactly the same thing.

I'm looking at the Steelbooks section of our forum, and for the third time since i started posting here, it's literally flooded with Zavvi threads. I find myself having to closely look for what i want to find - for if i don't, i miss out on posts in threads i do visit. I often come here, to give HDN a quick check before work, bed, when i'm waiting in line at the store - basically any given time other than when i can actually sit down at my desk, and dedicate real time to HDN. It's a great thing to do in between other things, and it's how i keep myself updated on the things which interest me.

Now, what i'm saying is; i don't have the time to sift through the endless list of Zavvi threads, and i know i'm not the only one. Since Zavvi releases such an obscene amount of Steelbooks and has a large customer base, i think i'd be great to see a separate, albeit dedicated Zavvi subforum where all their releases go. This would make it to where they're equally easy to find, for people who want to find them - and to disregard for people who don't.

Here's where one would make a "counter-suggestion" and tell me, and others to subscribe to those threads we want to be updated on. That's a great way to stay on top of things, yes. However, being subscribed to a single KimchiDVD Exclusive thread alone, flooded my email inbox all day, all night, for weeks...until the SB in question was finally released. As often argued in these threads - "irrelevant" posts make for a clutter, and an inconvenient browsing experience. As clean as our Mods / Admins try to keep it, the subscription mails are sent out whether a post is removed or not. So, if that's just one thread....imagine having to subscribe to 10 threads at the same time. Unfortunately in this case, that just doesn't work.

Anyway, i have had this on the brain for a while and i'd like to see how other people feel about it and if it's possible to do this. I know i'd greatly appreciate it, but i'm not the only one here.

Thank you for reading. :D

Hi SBC, there are no current plans to separate the forum by retailer. They have a lot of releases lined up, and hence of course the threads get bumped. To help visually we have added some additional post icons to identify Zavvi, Blu fans and other retailers who are emphasizing Steelbooks in their sales efforts. If you do an advanced search for a title, the different versions should come up and you can skip past the Zavvi ones if you prefer. Most people like to browse various versions and see what the most discussed threads or new threads are on a daily basis, so we really don't want to separate them all by retailer at this time :)

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.