Do you feel a connection to Steels released in your country?

Do you have a special tie to SB's from your country?

• Yes! I try to buy them all if released in my country!

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No, it really depends-I always try to pick my favorite cover no matter where it's released!

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Sometimes-I tend to "prefer" the Steelbook released in my country

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I am OCD-I don't care where it's from, I have to have it!

Votes: 6 14.6%

• No, it really depends-I always try to pick my favorite cover no matter where it's released!

• Total voters
Yeah,I actually like covers in languages other than my own. I love imports and think different languages are beautiful on the cover/design of films. It's also interesting to me to see the interpretation/differences in art, but I can appreciate different preferences for those that only purchase English covers/art.

The only time I feel a bit hindered by language is when the actual film has no English, or German language option (my other language), or subs for either language, but I've made exceptions for some French Steelbooks by TFI, where there are forced subs. I prefer a standalone BD player, over an HTPC, which apparently can help with the forced subs). Some of the Steelbooks are too hot to pass up, for me:)

I am with you DB. When my friends come over to watch a new blu with me and I wip out the foreign cover to show what they are going to be watching. I have to translate for them. Of course it's only the title I know. It makes me feel more cultured.

I tend to stick with the english text but that includes Canadian releases & the UK. However, I'm not gonna pass up a beautiful piece of art to spite myself so an occasional deviation does happen. (I.E ZOMBIELAND.de)

I love Chinese, Korean, French, Italian, German, and many other country....I love them all.

I was raised not to be prejudice of another country :drool: She can look (foreign text) from any country...what matter the most is the inside of the steelbook (the movie itself) :)

Last edited:
I always like Steelbooks better if they are from other countries. They just feel more special because they are not easily available in the U.K. When you can walk into a shop and just pick it up it doesn't feel as good to me, it is a lot cheaper though!

Its simple for me, If I like I buy no matter where its from. Its also a great talking point, all my friends love the fact they are from all over the world. I was trying to explain to a mate why I had both the UK and FR versions of Xmen, He wasn't getting it(going on about the txt being in french) till I sat them side by side,

His response "I see now, Ignore me from now on, what do I know anyway" so each to their own thats one of the things that makes collecting worth it to me anyway. ;)

like most of us i'll buy from anywhere besides more often than not we dont always get a steelbook release eg watchmen, i am legend, attack the block, ect, ect,

I do like to get the best possible release for a steelbook but price as to be considered due to living in uk i normally get the uk edition i dont really like steelbooks with foreign titles buts that just me.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

im damn proud canada is 1 of the best countries for steelbook releases. i will buy anything that is released.

Your not your not even in the top 5

I do like to get the best possible release for a steelbook but price as to be considered due to living in uk i normally get the uk edition i dont really like steelbooks with foreign titles buts that just me.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Your not your not even in the top 5

I'm interested in your top 5 Karl :) What would it be?

I'm interested in your top 5 Karl :) What would it be?

This is just may top 5 you might not agree

1/Japan/ Korean
2/Geramny
3/France
4/uk
5/Australia

Canadian steelbook seem to be just old waves i can`t think of nothing new that they released this year that as stood out or been very limited

nope, dont agree. it does not matter if canada releases older steelbooks than newer ones. a steelbook is a steelbook regardless of how old or new a movie is. so as i said before, canada still 1 of the best countries for steelbook releases. :D

nope, dont agree. it does not matter if canada releases older steelbooks than newer ones. a steelbook is a steelbook regardless of how old or new a movie is. so as i said before, canada still 1 of the best countries for steelbook releases. :D

Like i said its just my opinion you don`t have to agree a steelbook is a steelbook but cheap mass produced older titles from canada is something i have chosen to stay well clear off. The days of exclusive futureshop steelbooks have long gone.

Last edited: