Doctor Who (Series 8) [BBC]

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
What does anyone here think about the exciting news that the new series of Dr Who is starting in August, rather than waiting for the Autumn? I'm not sure that it's such a good idea. They tried this before in the 80's I think and it was a disaster - people would rather be out in the (ahem) sunshine that stuck at home watching the telly. What do you think?

images

photo:BBC

Attachments

• Doctor Who.jpg
    Doctor Who.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spawnshop
Doctor Who [BBC]

I wasn't sure where to out this but I would to know where to begin with trying to watch this show? Any suggestion or chat would help, thanks :movie:

DocWho.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i really havent watched any of the modern ones in entirety yet, but my favoreit was the Tom Baker series. he was funny. ill have to start watching the newer ones......

Typical, I have a few busy days when I can't spend much time here, and someone manages to get a Who thread going which people actually take part in.! ;)

I agree with OxfordNick that Christopher Eccleston (Dr. No. 9) would be a good place to start, then later take a look at some of the classics. My favourite is Patrick Troughton (Dr. No. 2), it's pity that so few of his stories still exist.

BUMP!

images

Don´t forget folks, New series of Dr Who starts 7.20 pm tomorrow (Saturday) night BBC1 in the UK,
In the US on BBC America at 9/8C and in Australia on ABC a week later on Sepetmber the 7th. :cool:

:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

BUMP!

images

Don´t forget folks, New series of Dr Who starts 7.20 pm tomorrow (Saturday) night BBC1 in the UK,
In the US on BBC America at 9/8C and in Australia on ABC a week later on Sepetmber the 7th. :cool:

:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

I'm soooo excited. Matt Smith makes such a good Doctor. I kind of miss the giant maggot et al storylines though :(

I've never seen the newer one, but I loved the old version when I was younger.

If you can get BBC America, you should give it a try - you may be surprised!

I'm soooo excited. Matt Smith makes such a good Doctor. I kind of miss the giant maggot et al storylines though :(

Those maggot stories used to put me off my tea when I was a kid - mind you in the B&W days, I saw a dalek blow up, and they showed the creature inside, and even that put me off my tea! :ohno:

Tonight's premier episode of Season 7 was awesome, as expected. LOVE the fact that I can get BBCAmerica and that they play DW!

Funnily enough I still haven't seen it yet - had to go to the airport to meet some clients. Sod's law really.

Looking forward to seeing it later today though (fingers crossed). :rolleyes:

If you can get BBC America, you should give it a try - you may be surprised!

Those maggot stories used to put me off my tea when I was a kid - mind you in the B&W days, I saw a dalek blow up, and they showed the creature inside, and even that put me off my tea! :ohno:

Oh, i'm sure i'd love it, i just hate not starting shows from the beginning.