Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: 9th November, 2015
Price: £24.99
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies, Individually numbered.

11146761-2114309339388244.jpg

11146761-1684309339395381.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
As much as I am looking forward to this, the more I look at the artwork the more I am praying that they don't crop it like in the mock-up. The original artwork was perfectly proportioned but they seem to have zoomed in somewhat on the mock-up which makes the back look badly laid out. Donald's name will be running over the edge whereas the whole point of the rear art is to display every actor, their names, and a representation of what their tale is about. Would be daft to spoil that due to sloppy cropping.

GBP 14.99 at HMV and I'm very, very tempted !

- Scanned at 4k
- Limited Numbered Edition of 4,000
- Including new documentary on 'The making of . . . '
and a recent filmed appreciation of the life and work of the late Christopher Lee.
- Odeon's first steelbook with cool artwork - hopefully the first of many others in the same vein.

Bit concerned by the spine though . . .

. . . and pre-ordered :happy:

EDIT 27/10: For fans of these marvellous compilations TALES FROM THE CRYPT is available at Amazon at the time of writing - in an Amaray - for GBP 9.99.
So good to see it released here in the U.K. as the U.S. Shout Factory release is region "A" only I believe and that is what stopped me buying it.
Now, I'd really be over-the-moon with THE VAULT OF HORROR and ASYLUM and most particularly with my absolute favourite FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE which I even prefer to DEAD OF NIGHT.
Even later offerings such as CAT'S EYE, although not British, would be most welcome . . .

Last edited:
Mine is on its way.
Are we worried about the spine on this?
There is no title on the spine
Screenbound Entertainment the distributor and company who released this steelbook deliberately didn't put the title on the spine not to ruin the artwork
That is the reason they gave

Photos from Screenbound Entertainment
12193783_10154279134374008_282319229992647652_n.jpg 12065816_10154279147004008_3995136576336167919_n.jpg drterrorrobocop_zpsuvm5x5mn.jpg11146761-1684309339395381.jpg

Note
Region Free

Last edited:
I wonder where the numbering will be, I'm hoping on the Steelbook but I'm guessing it will be on the data sheet.

I wonder where the numbering will be, I'm hoping on the Steelbook but I'm guessing it will be on the data sheet.
Its not on the back of the jcard
Photo not mine it's from Marv Inc. on BD forum
SDC11286_zpsovtb5x2x.jpg

It is 100% numbered as some have quoted what number they got not sure where it's numbered it might be on the back of the steelbook itself or on the booklet not seen any live photos yet of the back of the steelbook

Edit as per Lollard2002 post
It's on the back at the top of the steelbook

Last edited:
Note this was said on the BD forum
Be careful when taking the stickers that hold the paper sleeve on off the steelbook. They're the kind that come off without tearing but can leave a horrible sticky residue on the steelbook if pulled too quickly. I got it off OK but took a bit of time about it.

Reactions: jamiestarr
My steelbook of Dr Terror's house of Horrors didn't have a j slip but a very thin piece of paper attached with a type of clear cellotape which easily pealed off. No "glue" like the ones you get on some steelbooks. The best I have ever seen the film. Like watching it for the first time. I really hope that that we get "From Beyond the Grave" as well at some stage easily the best of all the anthology horror films (bar Dead of Night and Tales from the Crypt)

As a footnote I ended up buying the Oz pressing of Tales of the Crypt. Why?. The UK cover is dire!. Design for covers is very very important in my book.

Its not on the back of the jcard
Photo not mine it's from Marv Inc. on BD forum
View attachment 200111

It is 100% numbered as some have quoted what number they got not sure where it's numbered it might be on the back of the steelbook itself or on the booklet not seen any live photos yet of the back of the steelbook

Edit as per Lollard2002 post
It's on the back at the top of the steelbook
Thanks for the info @paulboland and @Lollard2002!:thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Gave up waiting for Amazon so cancelled and got from HMV online. Amazing service - it was posted yesterday and arrived today. II is a beautiful steelbook with the original poster art on the inside in case you miss that. Numbering is subtle but nicely noticeable against the artwork. I'm just happy to finally have a version with the UK title card and restored ending!