Dredd (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #50) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 28, 2016 (Standard) - November 28, 2016 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2 - FAC Edition #3 - FAC Edition #4
Price: 799 CZK (Standard) 899 CZK (Edition 1) - 1,099 CZK (Edition 2) - 2,199 CZK (Edition 3) - 899 CZK (Edition 4)
Notes: E1 1001 copies - E2 751 copies - E3 HardBox (E1+E2) 701 copies
HDN Group buys: E1 Edition only - E2 Edition only - E3 Edition - Hardbox - E4 Edition - E5 Edition (Scanavo Case)

Full Slip Scanavo Case release thread HERE

14500618_1121726877944287_8995416052392451215_o.jpg 14615697_1124417451008563_5818685714201523935_o.jpg e4 large.jpg 14711185_1126890000761308_6279040377028082339_o.jpg
dreedd.jpg dredd.jpg
Dredd_front_cz_emboss.jpg Dredd_front_cz.jpg dredd_inside.jpg
12226534_1222959997720552_994042168_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you open them? This is what received JuL'59, a French buyer:

View attachment 281659 View attachment 281660 View attachment 281661
I had the same small chips on the matte black parts of my FAC Sicario steels. I ended up just doing what blu-steel suggested and filling them in with a marker. Not really worth the trouble of replacing since there were only a couple per steel.

Still, it's disappointing on a premium release. I can't help but think much of this could be avoided if the steels were sent to FA with even the smallest bit of material between the individual steelbooks. The replacement steels I've received from Chinese retailers always come wrapped in a thin piece of crepe paper. It weighs next to nothing and is incredibly thin. Seems like that small investment would pay off pretty quickly once you factor in the cost of replacing damaged steels. Not to mention the headache it'd save their customer service team and the customers themselves.

FA probably doesn't have any control over the steels before they reach them, but you think the manufacturer here (Scanovo?) would want to maintain their image as the makers of premium products. Why risk having their reputation tarnished when the issue seems so easily remedied?

I had the same small chips on the matte black parts of my FAC Sicario steels. I ended up just doing what blu-steel suggested and filling them in with a marker. Not really worth the trouble of replacing since there were only a couple per steel.

Still, it's disappointing on a premium release. I can't help but think much of this could be avoided if the steels were sent to FA with even the smallest bit of material between the individual steelbooks. The replacement steels I've received from Chinese retailers always come wrapped in a thin piece of crepe paper. It weighs next to nothing and is incredibly thin. Seems like that small investment would pay off pretty quickly once you factor in the cost of replacing damaged steels. Not to mention the headache it'd save their customer service team and the customers themselves.

FA probably doesn't have any control over the steels before they reach them, but you think the manufacturer here (Scanovo?) would want to maintain their image as the makers of premium products. Why risk having their reputation tarnished when the issue seems so easily remedied?
There are photos in this thread of the bare steelbooks bulk packed with no protection of any kind between them, prompting several (accurate) predictions of scuffs and scratches on the finished article.

You'd have thought that FA would have checked each steel before putting them into the slips but I guess that's asking too much. :(

They probably do but are only given a certain amount of seconds to check each one before packaging, so it's likely some slipped through. No one is perfect at the end of the day, we can't blame them :whistle:

Got my E1 and E2 today (yesterday, technically). I'm not very happy with either slip, both are a bit of a disappointment. The E2 lenti image looks just plain weird to me. It has some depth, sure, but the movement in the image is pretty strange: it looks like it's stuttering. E1 on the other hand could have turned out much better if only they had bothered to include the movie title somewhere on the front! A "Dredd" would have popped out nicely in the same red they used on the spine.
I guess the better (best) choice would have been E4. Despite the fact it looks strikingly similar to Nova's awesome lenti edition, and that I'm also having some concerns about the use of spot gloss on this one.
Maybe they need some more time to grow on me, but for the moment, these two editions are rather so-so in my personal ranking.

Just received this email from Filmarena

Dear Sir,

we want to inform You about the item Dredd Hardbox. Unfortunatelly 53 pieces of this item were stolen from our warehouse so we have to make the new ones. We have to wait for some components. The warehouse of the distributor should be open on 14.1.2017. After we will complete new editions and send them to You asap. Unfortunatelly all editions will have another collebtible number.

We are very sorry about this inconvenience. This inconvenience is so bad for us too.

Best regards,

Simona Bezděčíková

If anyone sees #623 on eBay let me know

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C2V3N

Dear Sir,

we want to inform You about the item Dredd Hardbox. Unfortunatelly 53 pieces of this item were stolen from our warehouse so we have to make the new ones. We have to wait for some components. The warehouse of the distributor should be open on 14.1.2017. After we will complete new editions and send them to You asap. Unfortunatelly all editions will have another collebtible number.

We are very sorry about this inconvenience. This inconvenience is so bad for us too.

Best regards,

Simona Bezděčíková

Wow... That's crazy. You know darn right who ever stole that many steels will be posting them on ebay

Dear Sir,

Best regards,

Simona Bezděčíková

Karel has already collected all the GB copies right???