Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase links: In store only
Price: £19.99
Group Buy: Click HERE < hosted by Naughtius Maximus

proof.jpg

image.jpg

eot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother checked the Belfast store for me when Spiderman 2 was due for release. After everything saying they weren't getting it in, they admitted instore they were getting 200 copies. So morning of release my brother called in and they said all had gone. All from preorders!! (Bro didn't think I would need to preorder)
I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen again.

I pre-order because I don't live near a HMV nor work near one (so I can't pop in at lunchtime). I have to make a special trip in to buy/pick up and can't guarantee collecting the first week let alone first day. Pre-orders don't usually have security tags (if keeping it sealed is your thing) and while there will be many in store you can't guarantee the distribution and numbers in stores , remember Enders Game .

plus I like that the deposit helps spread the cost over different pay cheques .

Last edited:
Nope. Not liking this at all.

Just because it has that '3D' on it.

I don't mind the '3D' text on this one to be honest, at least the font is the same as the title. The 'Live. Die. Repeat.' tagline/alternative title is more annoying in my opinion. It would be great if both were stickers though :p

If i've learnt anything Cabbage its that Belfast haven't a clue. I've just read your post and feel bad for you because i went in the mornin of release, ordered spiderman 2 from their warehouse and had a call to say it was instore on the Wednesday. The guy told me there was 16 left in their warehouse when I ordered it. They said they only got 3 copies in total and all we're preordered and paid for weeks before! I'll be poppin to Belfast today to check this out

My brother checked the Belfast store for me when Spiderman 2 was due for release. After everything saying they weren't getting it in, they admitted instore they were getting 200 copies. So morning of release my brother called in and they said all had gone. All from preorders!! (Bro didn't think I would need to preorder)
I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen again.

So glad this is a HMV exclusive, there was no hassle whatsoever with my Spider-Man preorder so this should be the same, also gives me an excuse to get Penny Dreadful which comes out the same day!

If i've learnt anything Cabbage its that Belfast haven't a clue. I've just read your post and feel bad for you because i went in the mornin of release, ordered spiderman 2 from their warehouse and had a call to say it was instore on the Wednesday. The guy told me there was 16 left in their warehouse when I ordered it. They said they only got 3 copies in total and all we're preordered and paid for weeks before! I'll be poppin to Belfast today to check this out

Cheers BluRaySteve.
Let me know how you got on. I was thinking of going in soon to ask myself. It'll be interesting to see if their stories change from when you ask now and I ask in a few days.

Quite a late announcement indeed seeing as release isn't far off, they announced days of future past way way before its release date lol

Will probably pick this up, not seen it yet and wanted to watch it. The art is nice even the 3D logo isn't too bad as it doesnt look as slapped on as other releases and the font matches

Reactions: harry
For any IRISH Ninjas interested:

I enquired about this in my local HMV this morning and was told that they will indeed have a small number available on Fri the 10th Oct. I was advised to preorder with a €5 deposit as the exclusives usually go quite fast.

It will be €22.99 (which is working out cheaper than the UK??) I am cancelling my German order (which was €31 before shipping cost added) as I've placed my preorder for this and will only cost me €18 on the day. So this is a great opportunity for a 3D Steelbook at fantastic price :thumbs:

Last edited: