Edge Of Tomorrow - All You Need Is Kill (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon JP Exclusive) [Japan]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: November 12, 2014
Price: ¥ 3,667
Purchase Link: All You Need Is Kill

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
purely speculation, but I think this has the potential to be a deluxe edition. Like maybe a mini comic or something, original title would be awesome, too. I'll be super disappointed if this isn't special.

Wow dissapionted when I read the price and title, gonna have to wait to see what develops here before I make a decision, love the film but may just stick with fs?

well I think the title Edge Of Tomorrow is written on the poster in Kanji/Katakana... I think the english writing is not meant as a title...

well I think the title Edge Of Tomorrow is written on the poster in Kanji/Katakana... I think the english writing is not meant as a title...
Heh, kind of thought you would be able to read Katakana based on your location being written in it. :thumbs:

By the way, is that a city? If so, where is it?

lol it's Anime : UFOロボ·グレンダイザー UFO Robot Grendizer aka Goldorak...I speak very little japanese...location is Actarus' planet

here is part of what my lessons taught me that I can say by myself:

Sumimasen, Watashi wa nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu, demo mada joru ja arimamasen

I can only write in Romaji because it is the way I'm learning to speak it so it's easier as I can use my writing as well and pronounce it as opposed to kanji and Katakana that I have to learn each symbols

Last edited:
lol it's Anime : UFOロボ·グレンダイザー UFO Robot Grendizer aka Goldorak...I speak very little japanese...location is Actarus' planet

Sumimasen, Watashi wa nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu, demo mada joru ja arimamasen

I can only write in Romaji because it is the way I'm learning to speak it so it's easier as I can use my writing as well and pronounce it as opposed to kanji and Katakana that I have to learn each symbols

Sorry everyone, off topic, but I promise this is the last post. ;)

Studying in romaji is a terrible idea, honestly.
You are fine to leave kanji out at the start, but at least study hiragana and katakana. They are quite similar, and if you study them both very often, you can likely have a pretty firm grasp of them all after just a week or so. There will still be some of the similar ones that confuse you, but after sounding things out a bit, you'll really start reading them rather than simply having them memorized.
It should be quite fulfilling!

頑張って!  「がんばって!」

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus

Sorry everyone, off topic, but I promise this is the last post. ;)

Studying in romaji is a terrible idea, honestly.
You are fine to leave kanji out at the start, but at least study hiragana and katakana. They are quite similar, and if you study them both very often, you can likely have a pretty firm grasp of them all after just a week or so. There will still be some of the similar ones that confuse you, but after sounding things out a bit, you'll really start reading them rather than simply having them memorized.
It should be quite fulfilling!

頑張って!  「がんばって!」

tanks so much for that, I love love lone love japanese and learning it, but it's not easy, I will take your advice into consideration...sometimes I feel I should just move there for 6 months to learn it.... I guess you're right but when you are learning it on your own it's not easy but the audio way... which I feel it's easier to put it on paper on the romaji way... it's just very difficult...is it it strange, I live in north america, live all my life here but I feel like I don't belong anywhere else but Japan

Japan keeps going down on my want list.WAYYYYYYYYYY over priced and nothing in return .Can you imagine? Way higher in price than any of the premium first rate releases from Kimchidvd,Blufans, Hdzeta.Their stock is dropping and never going up.A waste of time.They have titles listed as very limited from 3 or 4 years ago and still in stock.No credibility whatsoever.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the original title on the steel itself!

I don't just want a slipcover that peels off to reveal the crap title.

I just came across something, maybe it's been addressed somewhere else and I don't have full details as I didn't do research but read info available and i seem to know why this is titled All You Need Is Kill in Japan. It is based on a Japanese book and title of the book is of course this title... so it's why it was released with this All You Need Is Kill Title in japan. Only thing Strange is that there was 2 japanese co writer on the book but only one of them is getting credit for the book/movie, i wonder why the other one is not acknowledge.

If someone else has more info or info to correct me if I am wrong please feel free :)

I just came across something, maybe it's been addressed somewhere else and I don't have full details as I didn't do research but read info available and i seem to know why this is titled All You Need Is Kill in Japan. It is based on a Japanese book and title of the book is of course this title... so it's why it was released with this All You Need Is Kill Title in japan. Only thing Strange is that there was 2 japanese co writer on the book but only one of them is getting credit for the book/movie, i wonder why the other one is not acknowledge.

If someone else has more info or info to correct me if I am wrong please feel free :)

Never heard anything about co-writers. Are you certain?

Never heard anything about co-writers. Are you certain?

my bad, it's his previous novels that he cowrote... but the title of the movie All You Need Is Kill is the novel title so I see why in japan they used that title... and probably why other country will go for the other title Edge Of Tomorrow although I didn't get into reading as to why they renamed (I agree though Edge Of Tomorrow sounds better)

I read somewhere that the title was changed to make it more marketable. Using the word 'Kill' in the title is a quite harsh and gives out the wrong message for certain films (As I agree it would with this one). 'Edge of Tomorrow' was supposed to be linked with the resetting of the day in the movie as the soldiers were always 'on the edge of tomorrow'. I'll try too find the article when I have time.

AllYouNeedIsKill-01_zps6143991e.jpg

I finished read manga "All You Need Is Kill" (only 2 vol) a few weeks back and can tell that the film is just loosely based on the story, and the rest is totally different also the ending... I like the movie better...
*for ninjas who like Death Note film/manga may all know about this :)

Reactions: Actarus
Update from Amazon.jp / Release date now Nov 12th

Artwork updated as well...:thumbs:

Love that they have the correct title and it includes the 3D Disc , BUT not plastered on the front of the steel!! :woot: :D :woot: :happy:

@harry @Hatori @MGD Get in here guys! :naughty:

71tpz2e-z0l-_sl1500_-jpg.98007

a1bsf-brgll-_sl1500_-jpg.98008

Love the inside artwork! :drool: :woot: :woot:

Attachments

• 71TpZ2E+z0L._SL1500_.jpg
    71TpZ2E+z0L._SL1500_.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 545
  • A1bsf+BRgLL._SL1500_.jpg
    A1bsf+BRgLL._SL1500_.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
I just don't understand... at first, All you need is kil was the title... they changed it during production for Edge of Tomorrow... :wtf:

Well hopefully the price drops by release day!

And I'm loving that Japan are using the original title and minus the 3D on the front. :woot: :woot:

Also the slip cover Amaray has the same title...:thumbs: ;)

So.....ORDERED!!!:p :D

Reactions: Hatori and harry