Edge of Tomorrow - In theaters May 25, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Tagline: Live, Die, Repeat

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Doug Liman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brendan Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Paxton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonas Armstrong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Way[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kick Gurry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Franz Drameh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dragomir Mrsic[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Riley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Masayoshi Haneda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terence Maynard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Asquith-Coe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lara Pulver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Madeleine Mantock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marianne Jean-Baptiste[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Piven[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Beth Goddard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Assly Zandry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sebastian Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ronan Summers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Romano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Usman Akram[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bentley Kalu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mairead McKinley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Neil[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Hyder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Dutton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Landis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Handshaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin McDougall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Botting[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jane Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erin Burnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dany Cushmaro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Kaye[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]113[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Major Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and dropped into combat. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an alpha alien down with him. He awakens back at the beginning of the same day and is forced to fight and die again... and again - as physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
tpoVEYvm6qcXueZrQYJNRLXL88s.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A soldier fighting in a war with aliens finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way.
With: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton and more

Trailer:
[media=youtube]LQltOdUuBXc[/media]

Attachments

• eot.jpg
    eot.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by a moderator:
My local IMAX isn't showing it, so I'll have to settle for 4K.

Ever since Cruise went crazy with the Force Lightning on Oprah, I've liked him more in the movies he's made after that than in all the movies he made before that.

The guy's a ****ing kook, but I've liked his recent stuff.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Just came back from watching and it was awesome! Great action movie again from Tom Cruise, definitely worth watching on the big screen.

Just got back from seeing this, not bad! Tom is solid as always and the 3D is top notch, but it's nothing you haven't seen before. Even the visuals and effects are rehashes.

A solid action movie and nothing more really. 6.5/10

Just got back from seeing this, not bad! Tom is solid as always and the 3D is top notch, but it's nothing you haven't seen before. Even the visuals and effects are rehashes.

A solid action movie and nothing more really. 6.5/10
The only thing I wanna know every time I Watch a movie with Tom Cruise is:
How long is he running?

:hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJdMDvjfyQ0

Reactions: harry and vurt
I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. Here is my review.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely loved this film. Had moderate expectations from the somewhat generic time loop trailers but it's handled so well by director Doug Liman. Highly recommend it to people on the fence about seeing it. It blows Godzilla out of the water in terms of sheer fun whilst viewing.

Having watched this, gotta agree with above post, Tom is solid as always.

Some amusing scenes, for those who know the premise, he dies and relives the same day, reminds me of the silly ways Bill Murray would get himself killed in Groundhog Day.

That being said, very good action, Emily Blunt is a good female lead, good pace and ending.

Well worth the watch. :)

Got to say that this movie intrigues me a lot! Just hope it's as good as the hype is at the moment!!! :scat:

An intrigueing film indeed with it's similaraties to other films such as Ground hog Day, Starship Troopers & Band of Brothers but nevertheless put together very well the action scenes were great with good use of the 3D i enjoyed this a lot more than Oblivion.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
My local IMAX isn't showing it, so I'll have to settle for 4K.

Ever since Cruise went crazy with the Force Lightning on Oprah, I've liked him more in the movies he's made after that than in all the movies he made before that.

The guy's a ****ing kook, but I've liked his recent stuff.

I've put it down to when he played Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder. Seems to have had a liberating effect on the Cruiser.

This film in IMAX is quite something. Sure it picks and lifts from some obvious sources but it's acted and shot with a good degree of panache throughout, added to a screenplay that has a lot of fun with the repetitive time-looping, maintaining the tension yet throwing in some good ironic humour.

Only minor point for me was Gleeson's stoic (and incredibly fat!) General who didn't convince.

I've put it down to when he played Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder. Seems to have had a liberating effect on the Cruiser.

This film in IMAX is quite something. Sure it picks and lifts from some obvious sources but it's acted and shot with a good degree of panache throughout, added to a screenplay that has a lot of fun with the repetitive time-looping, maintaining the tension yet throwing in some good ironic humour.

Only minor point for me was Gleeson's stoic (and incredibly fat!) General who didn't convince.

lol!

I agree this was an excellent movie and a lot of fun to watch with a big crowd. This is what a summer blockbuster popcorn movie should be. Will see it again on Imax 3D this weekend. :)

Was it better than minority report

I would say this is a close second. Minority Report is a masterpiece imo. Although I prefer Cruise's character in Edge cause its refreshing to see him not as the typical Cruise hero character he's been playing this past decade..