Edge of Tomorrow - In theaters May 25, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Tagline: Live, Die, Repeat

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Doug Liman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brendan Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Paxton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonas Armstrong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Way[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kick Gurry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Franz Drameh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dragomir Mrsic[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Riley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Masayoshi Haneda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terence Maynard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Asquith-Coe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lara Pulver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Madeleine Mantock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marianne Jean-Baptiste[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Piven[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Beth Goddard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Assly Zandry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sebastian Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ronan Summers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Romano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Usman Akram[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bentley Kalu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mairead McKinley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Neil[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Hyder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Dutton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Landis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Handshaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin McDougall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Botting[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jane Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erin Burnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dany Cushmaro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Kaye[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]113[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Major Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and dropped into combat. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an alpha alien down with him. He awakens back at the beginning of the same day and is forced to fight and die again... and again - as physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
tpoVEYvm6qcXueZrQYJNRLXL88s.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A soldier fighting in a war with aliens finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way.
With: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton and more

Trailer:
[media=youtube]LQltOdUuBXc[/media]

Attachments

• eot.jpg
    eot.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by a moderator:
I would say this is a close second. Minority Report is a masterpiece imo. Although I prefer Cruise's character in Edge cause its refreshing to see him not as the typical Cruise hero character he's been playing this past decade..

Well if you want to see a Cruise do something really left-field, I recommend Rock of Ages. If there's any film that shows he has a bigger acting range than most people think, it's that one.

As for Edge, I saw it in IMAX 3d and having waited a while for this, I can safely say it was well worth it. Even my skeptical mate loved it.

Well if you want to see a Cruise do something really left-field, I recommend Rock of Ages. If there's any film that shows he has a bigger acting range than most people think, it's that one.

As for Edge, I saw it in IMAX 3d and having waited a while for this, I can safely say it was well worth it. Even my skeptical mate loved it.

Yeah I loved Stacee Jaxx, but the movie was not that good. Meanwhile, Edge of Tomorrow is awesome with an equally great performance by Cruise.

Will be watching this as the trailer looks promising thanks for the info and post mate will be keeping a close eye to this...

Very very good movie. Cruise was really good. Love the camera work and action. I really wish this movie would do well in the box office but thats not going to happen.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Saw this yesterday. Great movie. A lot better than I expected. I did go in with little to no expectations though.

I thought this movie had a great combination of comedy and action. Some of the deaths were pretty hilarious.

And Emily Blunt is just lovely.

Agreed, at times she eclipsed Tom. Full Metal B*tch FTW! :scat:

Because of her great performance, there is a rumour that Warner Brother wants her in the Batman vs Superman movie :oohyeah:

What role she might play. Well they are talking about

Catwoman
to appear in the movie ;)

I would prefer she played
Hawkgirl
:naughty:

Because of her great performance, there is a rumour that Warner Brother wants her in the Batman vs Superman movie :oohyeah:

What role she might play. Well they are talking about

Catwoman
to appear in the movie ;)

I would prefer she played
Hawkgirl
:naughty:

The former works for me just fine :D

Loved this movie! This will be the sleeper hit of the summer.

A great balance between the action and humour makes this one of the best sic-fi films in a long time.

The ending is somewhat ambiguous however.

Finally went and saw it this evening! So So Good! Could be my favorite movie of the summer so far... Ok maybe I need to think about things before I make that claim. but I really enjoyed it. Wish it had done better at the box office, this film deserved a bigger opening weekend!

Pretty good movie, but a little blood in battlefield scenes would be nice. This way they could be a little more realistic.