Elite Blu-ray Steelbooks >$150/£100

Starling

Premium Supporter
May 5, 2012
London
This is a list of Steelbooks that have risen so much (over time) that sealed they are now worth over $150/£100.

These are only rough estimations for mint/sealed copies.

Remember to include country of origin.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

>$600/£400

Iron Man (Canada FS)
Gladiator (Taiwan)
Le Grand Bleu (Japan)
Rambo Uncut (Germany)
Terminator 2 V 2.0 (Japan)
The Dark Knight (Fr Fnac)

>$450/£300

> $300/£200

Angels & Demons (Canada FS)
Captain America (Taiwan)
Inglourious Basterds (Canada FS)
Terminator Salvation (Taiwan)

>$225/£150

I Am Legend (Canada FS)
Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Canada FS)
Jack Reacher (UK)
Terminator Renaissance (France - FNAC exclusiv with booklet and stickers)
Transformers - Dark of the Moon (Japan)
Wanted - Debossed (Germany)
Zimmer 1408 (Germany)

> $150/£100

Alien Anthology (Korea)
Batman Begins (Japan)
Batman Begins (Korea)
Farewell My Concubine - with booklet (China)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Thai)
Iron Man (Germany Media Markt)
Let The Bullets Fly (China)
Lion King (Korea)
Resident Evil Trilogy (Korea)
Snow White and the Huntsman (Korea)
Star Trek (UK play.com)
Sucker Punch San Diego Comic Con
Terminator (Korea)
Thor (FR Fnac)
Thor (UK)
Transformers 2 (Canada FS)
Watchmen (Canada FS)

Relegated:

The Dark Knight (Japan)
Star Trek (Canada FS)
Zombieland (Germany)

Each price bracket is placed into alphabetical order. Concensus from forum members is what will guide the listing.

Last edited:
Rambo Uncut is up at £995 on ebay at the moment! with 2 hours to go :drool:

Yeah, thats crazy. Looks like somebody took my advise, to jump on these grails if they can literally lol. Anyways, yeah, that zero feedback guy ain't too credible, but we'll see who actually won the item when its all said and done. I highly suspect that a sealed and mint FS Iron Man would be bidded up to the same price area. I haven't seen one up for bid since there was a bunch of them 2-3 months back, when the Play.com version came out. I still can't believe people panicked, and sold their IM's on Play.coms release lol. Oh well, live and learn

I haven't seen one up for bid since there was a bunch of them 2-3 months back, when the Play.com version came out. I still can't believe people panicked, and sold their IM's on Play.coms release lol. Oh well, live and learn

With reference to IM FS very true. It was really surprising. Anyone who has both will know the build quality of the FS version is far superior to the Play version. I mean I love the Play version but FS version is in another league of it's own :)

Reactions: DJ IXS
With reference to IM FS very true. It was really surprising. Anyone who has both will know the build quality of the FS version is far superior to the Play version. I mean I love the Play version but FS version is in another league of it's own :)

Amen to that buddy. Well, the guy with the zero feedback didn't win that auction for Rambo lol. I'm actually surprised that someone was willing to top him with the bid at $1600 lol. But hey, thats why they're grails. Theres grails, then everyone else. I'll keep an eye out to see if an actual feedback is left for this auction. Best way to tell if it was legit or not. If it is, these grails are on the move fast.

They all seem ok to me Starling.

That was my PM to Starling to request those to be added :)

IMHO, I think both Avatar KR and Transformers JP (nice score, sunnyx!) are both > GBP150. But there isnt such a category yet, so I will also take Rajlondon's suggestion to split between GBP100 and GBP150.

Yep agreed, there should be categories like this:

£400+
£300+
£200+
£150+
£100+

Theres a lot difference between the £100 and £200 region and it needs to be broken down.

Reactions: Starling and Sigill
Time to debate the latest update!

Let me know which ones should be moved either up or down the list, including your reasons for the change. I'll arrange them arcordingly as consensus is reached. Thanks to everyone for continuing with your help and feedback. The price for Rambo Uncut certainly caught me by surprise!

There's one or two IM FS's on ebay right now, there tends to be 2-3 a month. I think Wreck eluded to there bieng more than the standard 4000 print run on these, but it doesn't effect collectability..

Inglourious Basterds FS deserves to be in the top five IMHO, maybe even a grail, based rarity and price? Terminator Japan and Le Grand Bleu maybe the other top 5 SBs? Has anyone done a top 5 yet?

Maybe even give these an award like Rambo uncut and IM FS?

There's one or two IM FS's on ebay right now, there tends to be 2-3 a month. I think Wreck eluded to there bieng more than the standard 4000 print run on these, but it doesn't effect collectability..

Inglourious Basterds FS deserves to be in the top five IMHO, maybe even a grail, based rarity and price? Terminator Japan and Le Grand Bleu maybe the other top 5 SBs? Has anyone done a top 5 yet?

Maybe even give these an award like Rambo uncut and IM FS?

There's a thread here for top 10 most valuable steelbooks. I don't think IB FS can be considered a grail, it goes for around £150-250 and can still be obtained with a little searching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RiX
Still, it's less common then IM FS hey :naughty:

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

...and it's 9 on the list ;)

Starling you really need to add a £150 bracket. Some of the ones that are in the £100 bracket don't belong there like IM MM and LTBF.

Theres too much distortion.

Starling you really need to add a £150 bracket. Some of the ones that are in the £100 bracket don't belong there like IM MM and LTBF.

Theres too much distortion.

A new bracket has already been added Raj. If others agree about your suggestions...up they move!

Here's others I would change:

Terminator Salvation TW needs to be at least two notches higher maybe even up to £300 :dunno:

Also Terminator Salvation FS needs to be added in the £200 section. Indiana KOTCS should potentially be up there with IB FS.

Any any thoughts about adding iron packs to this list guys?

Here's others I would change:

Terminator Salvation TW needs to be at least two notches higher maybe even up to £300 :dunno:

Also Terminator Salvation FS needs to be added in the £200 section. Indiana KOTCS should potentially be up there with IB FS.

Any any thoughts about adding iron packs to this list guys?

Terminator TW could well be :)

TDK fnac and Glad TW also in the £300.

Maybe, but I'd still say its between £200-£250.

They have always reached around £160 - £170 on bids. It hasn't really increased, but just held steady. From what I have seen Indy has never gone over £200 apart from the BIN now which has not been confirmed yet.

Does Watchmen FS not want to be in the > $150 / £100 bracket? Most recent ones have hit over £100 on ebay