Ever buy a "bad" movie just because it's a SteelBook™?

Do you own Steelbooks of movies you don't like?

• No, I NEVER buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • Yes, I SOMETIMES buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 114 60.0%
  • Yes, my purchases are ALWAYS based on the art/features alone

Votes: 17 8.9%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 115 60.5%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 116 61.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So fess up-has there been a time when you've been seduced by the art of the Steelbook, but really didn't like the flick?

Examples? Chime in and have fun!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
El Ofranato never watched it until get GER steel, very bad movie (for me)

orfanatoPortada.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have 10,000 BC, just because I just never purchased it, but if I could get the crackle paint one cheap, I probably would (very bad, this visual Steelbook seduction,LOL). But the movie was so bad (imho), I couldn't believe Emmerich bombed this bad-oi vey! If you liked the movie, that's cool-we all have our "guilty pleasures":)

Twilight. A collection wouldn't be a collection without those few you buy just because!

+1

I've actually been tempted a few times to go pick up the "V" set from Best Buy while it's on sale for $24.99 w/ price match... the show sucks but the steelbook looks nice.

Yup, awesome looking steel. I was surprised to see 2 left at my Best Buy. Then I realized one was super damaged, worst I ever seen in a store.

And then, the other was very misleading ... it looked perfect, and I almost bought it but something wasnt right. Turns out it was bent. On the bottom end ... it was hard to tell lol cause it showed no sign of it on any sides (dents, dings etc.) Then I put it up on top of some blu's and laid i flat and man it hage the frickin golden gate bridge in it lol.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

For the most part though, I dont knowingly buy ones of movies I dont like ... its just that I buy some blindly ... then I watch the movie and dont like it afterwards :p