Ever buy a "bad" movie just because it's a SteelBook™?

Do you own Steelbooks of movies you don't like?

• No, I NEVER buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • Yes, I SOMETIMES buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 114 60.0%
  • Yes, my purchases are ALWAYS based on the art/features alone

Votes: 17 8.9%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 115 60.5%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 116 61.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So fess up-has there been a time when you've been seduced by the art of the Steelbook, but really didn't like the flick?

Examples? Chime in and have fun!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever buy a "bad" movie just because it's a Steelbook?

Well, wolfman is in my cart on amazon.uk but whenever I see it, I just can't hit submit....haha

Never. I refuse to pay the premium $$ for a movie I'd never watch. Same goes with any of the other stuff I collect---I'm a guy that opens stuff and displays/uses it.

so far every Steel I have bought has been for a Movie that I really enjoyed. There was 2 Blind Buys in there but they turned out good.

I usually blind buy a steelbook before I buy a knowingly bad steelbook. The few times people have told me to steer clear of certain movies though, I actually liked them ... so I'm not too hard to please. I like 10,000 BC & Clash of the Titans :) ... not extremely like them, but they werent bad in my book ;)

Alice in Wonderland was a blind buy. I knew I probably wouldn't like the movie and I don't, but the steel is awesome. It took quite awhile to pick up Transformers 2 since I really hate that movie. I didn't pick it up at futureshop when it came out so I end up paying higher for a good looking steel that contains a movie I hate. Go figure.

I think I would draw the line at Battlefield Earth though.

Last edited:
I don't buy Steels of movies I don't like or at least think I will like, if I haven't seen it yet. But that's just me and to each his/ her own. :D

I don't buy Steels of movies I don't like or at least think I will like, if I haven't seen it yet. But that's just me and to each his/ her own. :D

That's why it's called an addiction and I'm afraid I've been bit. I was just a casual buyer until Dec. and I've managed to pick up 23 in the last couple of months. :emb:

I bought the Twilight and New Moon steelbook pack...wouldn't watch it but it was $17.99 CDN how can I resist...

I just picked up Moulin Rouge. I got it for the artwork and the fact that it is disappearing so fast. But the movie never interested me, even though I usually find something I like in any movie. Am I missing a really great movie?:dunno: I remember thinking the same about Phantom Of The Opera. Turned out I loved it!;)

That's why it's called an addiction and I'm afraid I've been bit. I was just a casual buyer until Dec. and I've managed to pick up 23 in the last couple of months. :emb:

You're just playing catch up is all, no need to worry yet ... now when you own 3 of the same movie you've been bit ... and when you own 6 you've been stung, and when you have to have every single one when the artwork isnt even different .... well, then you've been "Crashed" :D