Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #18) [Czech Republic]

Oct 28, 2013
Release date: October 2, 2015
Purchase link: FilmArena (sold out)
Price: 699 CZK (26.57)
Notes: Limited to 751 copies

Group Buy (closed): carllenc

ex machina.jpg

film_21522_1.jpg11816015_1162777940405425_843294735_n.jpg11774666_1162777947072091_1014548462_n.jpg

- WWA steelbook - same as Zavvi etc. (even though it looks little different from these photos - it is because of light)
- front embossed; back "AVA" title debossed
ex_machina_03.jpg

ex_machina_04.jpg
ex_machina_11.jpg
ex_machina_13.jpg

ex_machina_18.jpg

ex_machina_17.jpg

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English; DTS 5.1 Czech, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish; Dolby Digital 5.1 Polish, Russian, Thai, Turkish
Subtitles: English, Czech, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
Region: ABC

Extras:
- The Story (00:02:17)
- The Cast (00:03:08)
- The Design (00:02:48)
- Creating Ava (00:03:17)
- The Turing Test (00:01:51)

-Single Blu-ray disc SteelBook,
- WEA FullSlip original packaging, with an attractive finish,
- Lenticular magnet with 3D effect of AVA,
- 32-page PhotoBook,
- Collectible Character Cards with protagonists,
- Collectible Art Cards art cards with interior design sketches,
- Numbered Plastic Collectible Card and of course a Holographic Sticker with the indication of the number of your Collector's Edition,
- And also a special bonus in the form of Collectible Poster with technical drawing of AVA Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're right. 'Cause now we've seen both the FA and HDz, I think the FA is a clear winner. Better slip design, that as has been said elsewhere flows front to back, better lenticular design, and it's magnetic, plus its' a more complete package overall, with what is becoming typical FA attention to detail.

I can only reitterate what I've said before, I firmly believe only Nova can now live with FA in the general run of releases, Kimchi on a good day can, and PA just don't do enough titles to get in this game.

But I do believe HDz and Blufans are getting left behind.

i agree. i reckon nova and film arena are probaly on the same level quality wise except nova does lenticulars.

I'm not mad about the full slip if I'm honest. Everything else rocks though.

I don't think a black slip goes with this movie. Would have preferred an all white affair (something like the Korean Amaray release of Moon)

I'm not mad about the full slip if I'm honest. Everything else rocks though.

I don't think a black slip goes with this movie. Would have preferred an all white affair (something like the Korean Amaray release of Moon)

Well yes, white would have looked good. But it is supposed to resemble tech drawings, and as such black is the only way to go.
All the same, this and the HDz are night and day apart in their approach - the latter looks like it was conceived over a quick latte in the lunchbreak!

Does anyone know if the GB was closed before any pics of what the package was going to look like were even posted just wondering??

Last edited:
But I do believe HDz and Blufans are getting left behind.

I like FA as much as the next guy but let's not get caught up in the moment and act like hdzeta and blufans have been left behind. Both companies (especially blufans) has given us a steady diet of WEA steelbooks with the packages while most FA steelbook packages have given us WWA steelbooks(which I don't mind either). FA has plans to do some in the near future but at this point it's like comparing apples to oranges. Neither are better or worse but just different.

Reactions: Chenhao
Does anyone know if the GB was closed before any pics of what the package was going to look like were even posted just wondering??
I was 296/299 to join the GB. Blind buy on the slip and goodies. Had faith though. I did not see a pic until today. Not sure when it was posted.

Yes the group buy opened before any info was even on the web site, we knew because of a newsletter they had released and the Group Buy host was able to get copies secured fast so he can open the group buy which lasted close to a day, it was total blind buy as usual, other than we knew that it was the WWA Steel they were gonna used for the exclusive package. Group buy was maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago and we just saw the Beautyshot today, so we only saw today what it was going to look like

Most of all of the Group Buy for the film arena Collection are blind buy, we always enter with no info on the release it has always been this way. They really just give upfront information to our group buy host that it will be an FAC and first dibs into getting copies for us. Film arena has established their line to be proven stunning releases everytime. So if you like the WWA steel and the title than that is what we do we sign up without having seen or know any info. You need to love the release title and the steel, after that we just wait to get a glimpse of the final package that comes much later.

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17 and laz305
@hansgruber with all do respect, from all the post I have read from you since the Ex_Machina Group buy, all you seem to do is making negative comment towards Anything related to FA and their releases or the GB, I am just wondering why are you in these threads if All you do is trying to be negative ?

I am not trying to start something, it is just the observation me and some other members have had. We are suppose to discus and try at least to contribute in a positive manner, we come here to share our love for these releases and we come here to have fun and discuss, but you seem to always do the opposite, you have a very negative vibe that emanates from your posts.

Last edited: