snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
hoping this leads people who don't like to cancel, but I guess nobody will cancel because they can sell it for £40 or whatever on ebay :(

hoping this leads people who don't like to cancel, but I guess nobody will cancel because they can sell it for £40 or whatever on ebay :(
There will definitely be cancellations and will defo come back in stock. But I got a feeling when it does go back in stock, they won't last long!

Reactions: jonnie123

Some members did not like the artwork and they will cancel it. Dont worry, when the release date approaches, it will come back in stock .

Reactions: chunk

It is just for illustration. If you look at the edges of the Blue Valentine Steelbook, they are the same but in another image the edges are clearly the same colour as the rest of the Steelbook.

It is obvious that everyone is already convinced of their own opinion. The thing is that this happens all the time with 'white' Steelbooks and collectors feel aggrieved even though a lot of the time the artwork does not look white. If Blue Valentine turns out to be bare metal, then I think collectors have the right to be annoyed but with this I feel it is better to expect bare metal and if it does turn out to be white then it is a bonus.

it needs to be white, with spot gloss on the white bits of the machine, and bare metal for the chrome bits.

a bare metal steel would be overkill

maybe zavvi could confirm whether it is indeed white, or silver?

It is just for illustration. If you look at the edges of the Blue Valentine Steelbook, they are the same but in another image the edges are clearly the same colour as the rest of the Steelbook.

It is obvious that everyone is already convinced of their own opinion. The thing is that this happens all the time with 'white' Steelbooks and collectors feel aggrieved even though a lot of the time the artwork does not look white. If Blue Valentine turns out to be bare metal, then I think collectors have the right to be annoyed but with this I feel it is better to expect bare metal and if it does turn out to be white then it is a bonus.

Not you though?

According to another site:
- The overall colour of the SteelBook is white (both inside and out).
- The AI robot on the front is WHITE and METALLIC and embossed out.
- The spine title treatment and logos are metallic.
- The word AVA on the back is debossed in (and this AVA deboss will also be visible behind the disc on the inside).
- Overall finish is GLOSS varnish.

it needs to be white, with spot gloss on the white bits of the machine, and bare metal for the chrome bits.

a bare metal steel would be overkill

maybe zavvi could confirm whether it is indeed white, or silver?
This is Zavvi we're talking about- That statement is optimistic at best!! Remember, this is the company that couldn't clarify whether Maleficent was black or white- Chances that they'll be able to give a proper answer are going to be 10% at best...

- The word AVA on the back is debossed in (and this AVA deboss will also be visible behind the disc on the inside).

This is Zavvi we're talking about- That statement is optimistic at best!! Remember, this is the company that couldn't clarify whether Maleficent was black or white- Chances that they'll be able to give a proper answer are going to be 10% at best...

Surely universal can confirm this. Might email them myself later.

Would be good if what @snooloui has said is correct

Reactions: Andycadle84
:)

When I first saw the new image, I was disappointed as I liked the placeholder, however this has actually grown on me now, so looking forward to seeing this in hand