Fast & Furious 8 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: November 12th, 2017
Purchase link: HDzeta
Price: $36.99
Note: WWA steelbook, limited to 500 copies
Pre-order time:23th Oct 2017, AM:10:00 EST USA

Beauty Shot:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, based on your response, I can tell that you'll never consider spending a few extra dollars for a 4k disc or are not happy having to, and that's cool :thumbs:

Just trying to say I don't mind spending a few extra dollars on something I may eventually wind up using. I didn't plan on upgrading my tv until I had a need to, and it opened up doors to fun home movie experiences, regardless of being an early adopter or not.

Don't want to start a format debate :wacky:
It's fine. The bump in resolution is negligible (below 75" TVs). The real upgrade is in the wider color gamut. I have no crystal ball for when 8K usurps 4K.
But the the thing is - there is no need to replace your blu rays. The 4K upgrade on 1080p is fabulous (and much more impressive than the 1080p upgrade to 480 DVDs).
Aside from the (for now) outlier 4K transfers that are killer, I don't really see the major attraction.
Unless the transfers get better - it's a non-starter. A great 1080p transfer upconverted is better than a 4K disc with a crappy transfer. 4K is fine - but it isn't the dramatic jump that DVD to Blu ray was.
(Of course in the showroom they will put it on an OLED TV and put on motion smoothing to make it look like it IS a dramatic change. (OLED is killer, a but that is because of its own tech achievements- everything looks great on OLED.)

:coffee:An alternate idea, One set with only 2D and 3D, One with 2D, 3D and 4K in a lower print(given that we are in a Minority), which will definitively be sold out(rare), given that it does not have an inapropriate slip as it was for the FAC IronMan Slip for a Film about SpiderMan.:cautious:

Last edited:
It's fine. The bump in resolution is negligible (below 75" TVs). The real upgrade is in the wider color gamut. I have no crystal ball for when 8K usurps 4K.
But the the thing is - there is no need to replace your blu rays. The 4K upgrade on 1080p is fabulous (and much more impressive than the 1080p upgrade to 480 DVDs).
Aside from the (for now) outlier 4K transfers that are killer, I don't really see the major attraction.
Unless the transfers get better - it's a non-starter. A great 1080p transfer upconverted is better than a 4K disc with a crappy transfer. 4K is fine - but it isn't the dramatic jump that DVD to Blu ray was.
(Of course in the showroom they will put it on an OLED TV and put on motion smoothing to make it look like it IS a dramatic change. (OLED is killer, a but that is because of its own tech achievements- everything looks great on OLED.)
Nice story bro but did you consider the 3D audio tracks which a lot of BD releases don't have?!?

Not handy....:rofl:
(Although, it is probably smaller than the ATMOS list)
Depends where you look ;)
dtsx-1038x576.jpg

DTS:X BLU-RAY MOVIES
This is the list of released or announced DTS:X Blu-ray movies :

Already released

#

3:10 to Yuma UHD

A

Apollo 13 UHD

B

Battleship UHD

Bourne Identity, The UHD

Bourne Legacy, The UHD

Bourne Supremacy, The UHD

Bourne Ultimatum, The UHD

D

Despicable Me UHD

Despicable Me 2 UHD

Divergent UHD

Dracula Untold UHD

E

E.T. UHD

Ex Machina UHD

F

Fast & Furious 6 UHD

Fate of the Furious, The UHD

Fifty Shades Darker UHD

Fifty Shades of Grey UHD

Furious 7 UHD

G

Get Out UHD

Girl on the Train UHD, The

Gods of Egypt UHD

H

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix UHD

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince UHD

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 UHD

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 UHD

How the Grinch Stole Christmas UHD

Huntman’s: Winter War, The UHD

I

Independence Day UHD

J

Jason Bourne UHD

K

King Kong UHD

L

Last Witch Hunter, The UHD

Lone Survivor UHD

M

Mummy Ultimate Trilogy UHD

P

Patriots Day UHD

Purge, The UHD

Purge, The : Anarchy UHD

Purge, The : Election Year UHD

S

Serenity UHD

Snow White & The Huntsman UHD

V

Van Helsing UHD

Upcoming

November

Atomic Blonde (November 14)

Atomic Blonde UHD (November 14)

December

Despicable Me 3 (December 5)

Despicable Me 3 3D (December 5)

Despicable Me 3 UHD (December 5)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone UHD (December 11)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets UHD (December 11)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban UHD (December 11)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire UHD (December 11)

Remember that Atmos, Auro 3D & DTS X are not exclusive to UHD.
I just realized my German Turbine JOHNNY MNEMONIC blu ray is an Auro 3D!
I have no dog in the object based audio fight. Based on size and shape of my AV room, I can't move beyond 5.1.
Curious - do you favor one over the others?

Reactions: larson1977
Remember that Atmos, Auro 3D & DTS X are not exclusive to UHD.
I just realized my German Turbine JOHNNY MNEMONIC blu ray is an Auro 3D!
I have no dog in the object based audio fight. Based on size and shape of my AV room, I can't move beyond 5.1.
Curious - do you favor one over the others?
@larson1977
Thought you might find these audio bits interesting.
Conceivably- we could go back to two speakers for audio if they get this right: