I'm a twist kinda guy so here's mine (in no particular order):
1. Planet of the Apes (1968)
2. The Others (2001)
3. Fight Club (1999)
4. The Descent (2005)
5. The Sixth Sense (1999)
6. Secret Window (2004)
7. Dark City (1998)
8. Abre los ojos (Open your Eyes ) (1997)
9. Twelve Monkeys (1995)
10. The Devil's Advocate (1997)
11. The Forgotten (2004)

Last edited:
I was blown away at the ending of Planet of the Apes '68 and consider that the greatest twist of all time.

That said, I also have to give the nod to The Sting, The Usual Suspects, Body Heat and Basic Instinct.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
I was blown away at the ending of Planet of the Apes '68 and consider that the greatest twist of all time.
I agree and also the ending makes sense of most of what you'd seen in the film because until that point you're going "Well why is
this happening" and how come x can do y? etc.... That one ending brings it all together....

Angel Heart.
The identity of Johnny Favorite is a gut punch.

Cemetary Man - Such a weird ending (but in a great way!)
Evil Dead II - back when that came out, that ending was off the charts bonkers!
Dark City - How many films have ripped off that ending since? (Answer: a bunch. Proyas should have sued the makers of The Signal for Felony theft).
Saw - I STILL can't believe I didn't see that coming!:LOL::wacky:
Imposter - not a great film. But they deserve major points for using that ending.
The Rapture (1991) - Yep. You are screwed. The balls on Michael Tolkin for writing that ending....
The Matrix - I will never forget that screening. I went in knowing nothing. And when they dropped the hammer at 20 minutes in - That is something I will never forget. One of the greatest films of all time.
The Killing, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut - because who sticks the knife in and twists the endings like Kubrick?!!!!

Last night I watched The Discovery, the new flick starring Robert Redford, Jason Segel and Rooney Mara. It has a good ending imo that puts the title under a particular light.

I had collateral beauty in another gender
And cloud atlas
I love the end of little miss sunshine

Last edited:
Last night I watched The Discovery, the new flick starring Robert Redford, Jason Segel and Rooney Mara. It has a good ending imo that puts the title under a particular light.
I loved the setup. Then it turned into an Eternal Sunshine clone.
They should have followed the premise rather than a hard right turn into a forced love story at the end.

I loved the setup. Then it turned into an Eternal Sunshine clone.
They should have followed the premise rather than a hard right turn into a forced love story at the end.

I never saw Eternal Sunshine :dunno: I know I know, I have to make up for this as soon as I can since everybody keeps telling me itìs incredibly good.

Maybe that's the reason why I ended up enjoying The Discovery!

I never saw Eternal Sunshine :dunno: I know I know, I have to make up for this as soon as I can since everybody keeps telling me itìs incredibly good.

Maybe that's the reason why I ended up enjoying The Discovery!
I keep my expectations low when someone is recommending a film to me. So if I like it and it's good I'll enjoy it more. :happy::thumbs:

I keep my expectations low when someone is recommending a film to me. So if I like it and it's good I'll enjoy it more. :happy::thumbs:
Yeah. Even when I am really excited for someone to see a film I loved - I try my hardest to not oversell it and get their expectations too high. But it's hard, especially when you love a film.
I had one buddy watch RAISING ARIZONA, and he was like "meh". :wow: What?
I raved about THE LOBSTER, and he was like, "meh. It's interesting.":facepalm:
So, either I am over selling, our tastes are differing, or... (my personal choice)-- they are being a stupid moron.:LOL::thumbs::D:rofl::hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja