Forget Disney, how about more HORROR steelbooks!

u want more horror steelbooks?

• HeLL YeAh! - Gimme more Horror steelbooks!

Votes: 68 61.8%
  • no man, i'm a wuss and cant handle it. I want more tom & jerry cartoons

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • maybe. will depend on artwork, features, transfer, discs ect

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Seriously. i'm on a fear trip right now after watching a bunch of horror over the weekend, and i figure there are far too many classic & newer horror movies that deserve immoratlilzation in cold hard steel *****! :scat: :scat:

like i wanna see face eatin zombies, baby-chewin demons and decapitation lovin crazies in steelbook form MaN! whos wit me? say wat horror movies u want Zavvi or FS or Wallmart or whoever to bring out for your non-kiddie friendly collection :cool:

Here's a list of quality horror suggestions offa the top of my head:

Halloween (original)
- this is gettin a new 35th anniversary bluray release in September, which will have a brand new HD remaster!

The Ring (original)
- gosh this started a whole new wave of horror in Asia, which was so popular abroad several US remakes were made which also did well. Hell even the american version of The Grudge starring SMG might be worthy also.

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
- zack synders's first movie was a remake of this classic zombie movie. while i normally prefer origionals over re-makes, i'm such a Snyder fan now that i'd blind buy a steel of this in a heartbeat. Of course I agree that there should be steels done for the classics and other remakes too :D

Candyman
- this 90's classic from Clive Barker very much reminded me of Wes Craven at his best, though cant really remember much as i was somewhat intoxicated when i saw this back in the day. I do remember Tony Todd being awesome as the title character though. :thumbs:

Antichrist
- sum f**ked up **** here, from a crazy Danish director staring my man Willian Dafoe which i'm not even sure if i wanna see lol

Suspiria
- after gettin Arrow's Demons 1/2 steelbook the other week, i wanna see a proper Dario Argento movie gettin steel treatment and this i hear is the best. I've actually seen a little of this a long time on ago on TV and remember it being very stylish, suspenseful and creepy. I'd love to know more, and the cult-heads are totally crazy for this movie. So if its good enough for them, its good enough for me :thumbs:

The Omen (original)
- i dont think it gets more classic than this when it comes to horror? 'nuf said.

This is all i can think of right now but there are loads of other movies i aint seen, especially in the last few years as i kinda lost interest as the genre has been pretty badly gimped in recent times, but please dont let my ramblings stop u from posting horror movie steelbook suggestions of movies that blew you away! :drool:

Last edited:
I would defiantly buy horror steels like,

The Descent, Braindead, Sinister, The Others, Let The Right One In etc.

oh yeah, would love to see some Horror Steels to come out

especially :

Halloween Series
Nightmare Series
Stephen Kings IT
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Original, Remake and The Beginning
Dawn of the Dead Remake
Braindead (Dead Alive)
Dellamorte Dellamore

Reactions: SaberTooth
Tcm the beginning was epic :drool:

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

How about some foreign ones like Inside, Frontier(S), High tension etc? Classic gorefests.

I suppose rights may be quite an issue for Ringu. Weren't they owned by Tartan in the UK? Not sure how much of a mess their titles are these days.

well it cant be good when there isnt even a regular bluray of Ringu available in the UK :(

i'm also personally havin a hard time gettin over that PG-13 rating for the US remakes :squint:

One on that list in the OP is coming VERY soon. ;)

A few others are coming too, but not yet mentioned ....

and this time it wont be released for the brits ... but I'm sure you fine folks wont have a problem sourcing one.

oh wow, nice!:thumbs:

now i gotta try and guess wat they are :D Halloween remaster would make the most sense i hope, but there's always other stuff gettin in the way of stuff behind the scenes ect

somthin like Candyman or The Omen i image wold be pretty easy for zavvi to do in the UK?

For USA I would hope The Grudge remake over The Ring Remake as there's actually a unrated cut that comes with the bluray :scat: and i actually rate it from what i've seen ... i think they even got the original Japanese director to make the US remake which i think was a real smart idea.

I guess Halloween steel could also be a US release as i don't think the remaster has been announced for uk yet?

...either way, if its a quality release i'll have no problem with importing like normal :thumbs:

---EDIT----

oh i just realized u also ment there are more comin not mentioned here yet lol - well if its a US release could it be John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness? a collectors edition is also comin in September there. if so that's a great choice man :scat:

Last edited:
Tcm the beginning was epic :drool:

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

How about some foreign ones like Inside, Frontier(S), High tension etc? Classic gorefests.

Ah...High Tension / Haute Tension / Switchblade Romance...this one is brilliant!

Others have mentioned good ones...let´s not forget Mr Vorhees! :scat:

^^ are those movies asian? i know asian horror went into overdrive during the last few years, but i've been real lame when it comes to checking any of em out. i really shlda done more reaserch :emb: - although i wonder if they are are just too obscure for someone like zavvi to do well releasing them to regular collectors?

Those 3 are all french but are insanely gory. The death scenes are rotten!

i prefer it when they try to proper scare u rather than "torture "pr0n" type stuf, but i will have to check it out :thumbs:

Just give me the Friday the 13th flicks (with original poster artwork), The Omen trilogy (the 4th one doesn't exist in my mind), Halloween...........PARANORMAL ACTIVITY for us Brits!

Happy times!

saw this on ITV HD last night and thought it wasnt too bad - nothin shockin but ok, tho not sure if its worth a steel. I was annoyed however at how they made out like it was a tue story when that was total BS. still, not bad tho :thumbs:

Reactions: Sir Hilary Bray
^^ i just checked and yeah the amray on my amazon whish list is by Nouveaux :(

Arrow have Argento's "Inferno", which was the movie he did after Suspiria, as well as "Bird With The Crystal Plumage" "Tenebrae" and "Phenomena". I personally have not seen them, but the one i'd like to see the most is probably Argento's earlier "Deep Red".

-EDIT-
actually, "Inferno" would probably be the best choice seeing how it is the most similar to Suspiria? - i already even posted a pic on the 1st page lol

Last edited:
It has to be Dog Soldiers, all of George Romero's films, and of course evil dead 3 army of darkness to make the set!! Oh yeah, the hills have eyes remake!! I could go on......... but I won't !! Come on Zavvi, make it happen!!

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Great feedback, guys-have not seen many Argento flicks, but did see 'Suspiria' when I was younger-scary stuff and very effective score. Plus love, love, love the Amaray art ;). Keep the great feedback comin'!

:::: Digitalbabe ::::
Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Reactions: paddytom