Forget Disney, how about more HORROR steelbooks!

u want more horror steelbooks?

• HeLL YeAh! - Gimme more Horror steelbooks!

Votes: 68 61.8%
  • no man, i'm a wuss and cant handle it. I want more tom & jerry cartoons

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • maybe. will depend on artwork, features, transfer, discs ect

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Seriously. i'm on a fear trip right now after watching a bunch of horror over the weekend, and i figure there are far too many classic & newer horror movies that deserve immoratlilzation in cold hard steel *****! :scat: :scat:

like i wanna see face eatin zombies, baby-chewin demons and decapitation lovin crazies in steelbook form MaN! whos wit me? say wat horror movies u want Zavvi or FS or Wallmart or whoever to bring out for your non-kiddie friendly collection :cool:

Here's a list of quality horror suggestions offa the top of my head:

Halloween (original)
- this is gettin a new 35th anniversary bluray release in September, which will have a brand new HD remaster!

The Ring (original)
- gosh this started a whole new wave of horror in Asia, which was so popular abroad several US remakes were made which also did well. Hell even the american version of The Grudge starring SMG might be worthy also.

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
- zack synders's first movie was a remake of this classic zombie movie. while i normally prefer origionals over re-makes, i'm such a Snyder fan now that i'd blind buy a steel of this in a heartbeat. Of course I agree that there should be steels done for the classics and other remakes too :D

Candyman
- this 90's classic from Clive Barker very much reminded me of Wes Craven at his best, though cant really remember much as i was somewhat intoxicated when i saw this back in the day. I do remember Tony Todd being awesome as the title character though. :thumbs:

Antichrist
- sum f**ked up **** here, from a crazy Danish director staring my man Willian Dafoe which i'm not even sure if i wanna see lol

Suspiria
- after gettin Arrow's Demons 1/2 steelbook the other week, i wanna see a proper Dario Argento movie gettin steel treatment and this i hear is the best. I've actually seen a little of this a long time on ago on TV and remember it being very stylish, suspenseful and creepy. I'd love to know more, and the cult-heads are totally crazy for this movie. So if its good enough for them, its good enough for me :thumbs:

The Omen (original)
- i dont think it gets more classic than this when it comes to horror? 'nuf said.

This is all i can think of right now but there are loads of other movies i aint seen, especially in the last few years as i kinda lost interest as the genre has been pretty badly gimped in recent times, but please dont let my ramblings stop u from posting horror movie steelbook suggestions of movies that blew you away! :drool:

Last edited:
No more of that dreadful Arrow crap though, I really hate movies from the 60's and 70's.
and I don't want any HATE comments from Matt or Rob.:hilarious:

dont forget nightmare on elm street (original) !!!!

yeah Nightmare on Elm Street too. I love Wes Craven. Anyone ever see Vampire in Brooklin? more comedy with Eddie Murphy than horror, but i totaly loved how he spun it around half-way through into somthing which was more in style with his other 80's slasher-type moves.

No more of that dreadful Arrow crap though, I really hate movies from the 60's and 70's.
and I don't want any HATE comments from Matt or Rob.:hilarious:

lol yeah some of those obscure 70's & 80's movies have not aged well at all, but some of them still could be good i think. like Susperia for example

^^ how are his other movies? i really wanna see more from Argento as i've read so much about him. plus i love the fact that he always seems to manage to get a chick with a huuge ass on the cover of his movies :cool:

91OCFdePUwL._SL1500_.jpg

my interest in Disney movies beyond Tron Legacy is zip. So yeah, let's get some Dead Trilogy steels, [REC], Dead Snow, Descent, The Shining, etc., etc.

Reactions: SaberTooth
I agree with Marc :)

But commercially speaking I think Disneys would appeal to more people than horrors and therefore would mean more ££££s for the studios

tom & jerry steelbook would be awesome :D but would also like more classic horror movies especially from arrow and eureka.

Yep, i'd love to see some more Horror SBs. However, not just any Horror. I'd say start with classics like the original Exorcist, and the old Romero zombie flicks.

A steelbook of the Ringu trilogy would be great.

Some classic Hammer or Amicus films.

Angel Heart

I actually preferred the American remake of Ringu. Thought it was much scarier, and it improved the story by ditching the psychic back story.

Wreck actually posted a poll for Paramount steels we hadda vote on last year i think, which had the american versions of The Ring as possible steels. A few ppl including me said they'd prefer the originals, but if play/zavvi cant get the rights i guess the remakes could be worth it, especially if they use really good artwork :thumbs:

However a 3-dsic Ringu trilogy steelbook is an AWESOME idea :scat:

my interest in Disney movies beyond Tron Legacy is zip. So yeah, let's get some Dead Trilogy steels, [REC], Dead Snow, Descent, The Shining, etc., etc.

dam right LOL.

and yeah some1 also mentioned [REC] in the evil dead thread, which i aint seen, but would blind buy a steel for it anyway, especially if they make it a 2-pack with the second movie.

And how the hell could i miss such a great classic as The Shining in my OP :emb:

tom & jerry steelbook would be awesome :D but would also like more classic horror movies especially from arrow and eureka.

heh, i shulda said somthin else as classic tom & jerry actually craps all over disney. ...at least back then they weren't afraid of real cartoon violence. If disney remade T&J today, tom would be a nappy-changing, flower-picking pacifist :movie:

Last edited:
Wreck actually posted a poll for Paramount steels we hadda vote on last year i think, which had the american versions of The Ring as possible steels. A few ppl including me said they'd prefer the originals, but if play/zavvi cant get the rights i guess the remakes could be worth it, especially if they use really good artwork :thumbs:

However a 3-dsic Ringu trilogy steelbook is an AWESOME idea :scat:

I suppose rights may be quite an issue for Ringu. Weren't they owned by Tartan in the UK? Not sure how much of a mess their titles are these days.

Anything tom savini did the effects for id buy instantly in steelbook. The prowler being one of my favourites.

Or an original maniac full uncut one with the infamous headshot all embossed. Full slip to cover up the gore :hilarious:

One on that list in the OP is coming VERY soon. ;)

A few others are coming too, but not yet mentioned ....

and this time it wont be released for the brits ... but I'm sure you fine folks wont have a problem sourcing one.