Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: 26 October, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £15.99 17.99 (Zavvi) - £16.99 22.99 (Amazon)

91G5RiD46qL._SX466_.jpg

- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Making of Game of Thrones
- Character Profiles
- Creating the Dothraki Language
- Inside the Night's Watch
- From the Book to the Screen
- Histories
- Creating the Show Open
- Cast Audition Tapes
- Anatomy of Episode 6 "A Golden Crown"
- Guide to Westeros
- 7 Audio Commentaries

Just watched the whole lot from start to finish. Now trying to justify the steels over the box set. Wasn't sure about the designs at first but now really like them after seeing them together.

Sadly this still looks extremely plain and underwhelming in that pic. It's a shame as would have love GOT steels but not with that artwork

Looks pretty nice IMO... they'll no doubt look very cool as a complete collection, which I'm really hoping they'll do. I'm still going to hold off for a while and hope for a price drop though.

Reactions: Jace88
I cancelled this and series 2 for money reasons even though I was really looking forward to them. Now I've seen the pics I'm not that sure anymore. They just seem a little bland to me. Not got the wow factor I was hoping for. Gonna (try!) to reign in my steelbook spending until after Christmas and then I might see what the sales throw up. Bit disappointed really. :meh:

Reactions: DrH, Flash and levi
I cancelled this and series 2 for money reasons even though I was really looking forward to them. Now I've seen the pics I'm not that sure anymore. They just seem a little bland to me. Not got the wow factor I was hoping for. Gonna (try!) to reign in my steelbook spending until after Christmas and then I might see what the sales throw up. Bit disappointed really. :meh:

I have to agree and it's a real missed opportunity when you think of some of the incredible scenery and characters within the show. It really seems lazy and uninspired which is a shame for such a good show. Deserved better

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
I'm still going to hold off for a while and hope for a price drop though.
Are the UK releases not already the cheapest you can get the Steelbooks world wide?
I can't see it getting much cheaper as the season 1 amaray is £17 & season 2 amaray is £19.99 (assuming you purchase separately rather than in a box set).

Should be getting Season 1 & 2 on Monday, I'm assuming they'll end up shipped via Amazon Logistics as that's pretty much the only courier I ever get from my prime deliveries.

Last edited:
I cant see the price dropping much if at all I just hope it is still in stock for a while as in next few months
I cancelled my pre orders and will re order when I have spare funds available

Way more important releases with some been 100% out of stock
I kept my orders that are more important to me so I don't miss out on these
Hellraiser Box Set takes priority against every other item I have on order

Reactions: Flash and luke98
Found this online (not my pic)

image.jpg

I think they have made alot of these and I can see a price drop

They actually look really good in the plastic slips and the magnets are huge lol. Hopefully we see them do all 5 seasons to date (I'm sure I've seen 3 & 4 announced in other countries so I reakon Feb- March 2016 for the other 2) and then hopefully they continue with each season until then end.

I always said I will wait for it all to finish and get the mega box set BUT i wasn't expecting steels to be released back then and hopefully they continue with these and the cool magnets.

They actually look really good in the plastic slips and the magnets are huge lol. Hopefully we see them do all 5 seasons to date (I'm sure I've seen 3 & 4 announced in other countries so I reakon Feb- March 2016 for the other 2) and then hopefully they continue with each season until then end.

I always said I will wait for it all to finish and get the mega box set BUT i wasn't expecting steels to be released back then and hopefully they continue with these and the cool magnets.

With me personally being underwhelmed by the steels I think I will still wait and hope for some mega set it can't be uglier than these.

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi