Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date : October 26, 2015
Purchase Link:
Amazon UK
Price: £22.99 (£14.99) (Original Release Date Price was £22.99)
Zavvi
Price: £17.99 (£15.99)

816z4uOCRhL__SL1500_.jpg

- Season 1 Recap
- Episodic Previews & Recaps
- Featurettes
- Dragon Eggs
- Game of Thrones: Inner Circle
- The Religions of Westeros
- Character Profiles
- Guide to Westeros
- War of the Five Kings
- 12 Episode Commentaries

Last edited:
I wonder how Zavvi plans to pack these...
Take a guess :D
In the normal steelbook white boxes as usual as it's a steelbook
The Game of thrones steelbook when sealed it's very similar to the mondo X style packaging steelbook

The Magnet is held in place with a plastic holder it's well protected when sealed and is meant to be kept with the steelbook to make sure the magnet stays in place under the clear slip cover it might not stay in place if the magnet plastic holder cover and clear slip cover is discarded as some of the magnets are not that strong to stay attached without the magnet cover

Game-of-Thrones-SteelBooks-Plastic-Trays.jpg

Game-of-Thrones-SteelBook-Magnets.jpg

20151025_134325.jpg

Last edited:
The Game of thrones steelbook when sealed it's same as normal steelbook

The Magnet is held in place with a plastic holder it's well protected when sealed and is meant to be kept with the steelbook to make sure the magnet stays in place under the clear slip cover it might not stay in place if the magnet plastic holder cover and clear slip cover is discarded as some of the magnets are not that strong to stay attached without the magnet cover

View attachment 224615

View attachment 224616

View attachment 224614

These won't fit in a standard zavvi white box paul. I imagine they will use something different

They need to hurry and realease season 3, 4 & 5.
June is so far away

The Game of thrones steelbook when sealed it's same as normal steelbook

View attachment 224615

View attachment 224616

View attachment 224614

I'll hazard a guess here and say that the Game of Thrones steelbooks will not fit in the standard white padded boxes because of it's thickness when the steelbook, magnet and plastic outer case is together. It' will end up being larger than the size that most of us have seen from Zavvi's padded boxes. If Zavvi have a larger white padded box for Jumbo steelbooks then that would answer Raimi's question.

I'll hazard a guess here and say that the Game of Thrones steelbooks will not fit in the standard white padded boxes because of it's thickness when the steelbook, magnet and plastic outer case is together. It' will end up being larger than the size that most of us have seen from Zavvi's padded boxes. If Zavvi have a larger white padded box for Jumbo steelbooks then that would answer Raimi's question.
They sent the Mondo X steelbooks that have clear slips in white boxes
The magnet is in a plastic mould that fits over the steelbook under the clear clip and should fit no problems in a normal white zavvi box it might be a tight fit but I can't see it not fitting
I tested a White Zavvi with the Blufans Wall-e lenti slip and it fits ok as an example

Game-of-Thrones-SteelBooks-Plastic-Trays.jpg

Last edited:
They sent the Mondo X steelbooks that have clear slips in white boxes
The magnet is in a plastic mould that fits over the steelbook under the clear clip and will fit no problems in a normal white zavvi box

View attachment 224622

Paul the box that game of thrones comes in does not fit in a White zavvi box. I've just checked. The game of thrones packages are bigger!

Paul the box that game of thrones comes in does not fit in a White zavvi box. I've just checked. The game of thrones packages are bigger!
You saying it's bigger than Blufans Wall-e steelbook with Lenti Full Slip or Plain Archive I saw the Devil pet slip
I saw the Devil is a tight Fit yes but does fit so should be the same with game of thrones

If it don't fit I'm surprised as the white Box also fits with Deep Red Box Set from Arrow Video

Last edited:
Bigger than Blufans Wall-e steelbook with Lenti Full Slip as that fit

I don't know, I don't own that. But I just tried putting game of thrones season 1 in a white box and it don't fit. It's too wide

I wouldn't be surprised if they put these in a bubble air mailer thing. The softer ones but the ones that are quite wide

I hope Amazon secure the rights for the other seasons (even if it is just for 6 months)

Reactions: paulboland
I don't know, I don't own that. But I just tried putting game of thrones season 1 in a white box and it don't fit. It's too wide

I wouldn't be surprised if they put these in a bubble air mailer thing. The softer ones but the ones that are quite wide

I hope Amazon secure the rights for the other seasons (even if it is just for 6 months)
If it dont fit then I'm wrong but I'm surprised as it even can take the arrow video deep red box set a very tight fit but still fits

If it can't fit in a white box most likely will be a padded jiffy bag

Reactions: Flloydo
If it dont fit then I'm wrong but I'm surprised as it even can take the arrow video deep red box set a very tight fit but still fits

If it can't fit in a white box most likely will be a padded jiffy bag

You're wrong, I just checked after reading all of your replies.

I don't even understand why you compare it to a blufans steelbook, it isn't the same thing.

You're wrong, I just checked after reading all of your replies.

I don't even understand why you compare it to a blufans steelbook, it isn't the same thing.
I also tested with Arrow Video Deep Red Box set it must be just a slight amount bigger the game of Thrones to not fit

It will most likely be in a padded jiffy bag as I already said since it dont fit and I did already say I was Wrong if you read my reply

Last edited:
just a question how did amazon pack these???
just if vaguely remember didn't some people have them turn up a few damaged?

basil :thumbs:

just a question how did amazon pack these???
just if vaguely remember didn't some people have them turn up a few damaged?

basil :thumbs:

Some of the magnets weren't made very well (imo all weren't :p) and some returned for that reason.

It was standard cardboard from Amazon, I don't have a picture on hand of it anymore but it sort of wrapped around it and had an extra layer where the steelbook was held.

Reactions: Basil