machine girl 001.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 179
  • the fly.jpg
    the fly.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 163
  • nightwatch.daywatch.jpg
    nightwatch.daywatch.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 163
^ That 300 is very nice, I own one too and I refuse to part with it. I've always wanted The Fly UK steel but somehow it kept evading me...

Just curious-Anyone here start off collecting DVD Steelbooks before jumping into BD?

Yep, started collecting DVD steels back in 2005. My first one being the Kingdom of Heaven steel from Korea. I didn't know that I was getting a steelbook and I had no idea what a steelbook was until I received the item. I thought it's beautiful and since then I try to buy steelbooks whenever I get the chance. :)

I have about 35 dvd steels until I shifted to BD in December 2008. I still have all 35 steels here with me. :)

i had lots & lots at one time,these i won't ever sell.
the fly i think i've seen on play.com through play trade & of course ebay.
the nightwatch & daywatch were hmv exclusives,love the art in the sunglasses of the battle scenes.machine girl was hmv aswell,love that cover.

i had lots & lots at one time,these i won't ever sell.
the fly i think i've seen on play.com through play trade & of course ebay.
the nightwatch & daywatch were hmv exclusives,love the art in the sunglasses of the battle scenes.machine girl was hmv aswell,love that cover.

I've seen The Fly SB too at ebay but now that I have shifted to blu-rays, my interest has dwindled somewhat... Yeah I agree, The Machine Girl does have an interesting cover. :cool:

Justin, it was originally a Time Life exclusive, but is now available elsewhere. I am a huge Ghostbusters fan, so the Steelbooks were an added bonus:) You can still purchase here. I believe it's the same set I purchased from Time Life:)

That GhostBusters collection is very nice. The only DVD size steels I own are for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1, Splinter Cell Conviction and Gears of War 2.

DVD Steelbooks

I have a few DVD steelbooks in my collection - all from Spain: Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Roman Holiday, World Trade Center, Ghost, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Kagemusha. Tried to sell them on Ebay, but no-one was interested.

I've also got one German HD-DVD Steelbook - Death Proof!

DVD Steelbooks still seem very popular here in Spain - for example they did the whole range of Bond films in that format.

I believe it's because Blu-ray discs are outrageously expensive here.

I still collect DVD steelbooks occasionaly. One of my favourites is the Spanish The Hitcher that has a liquid cover that is red to look like blood! It is technically a metalpak but it still looks cool!

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I have a few DVD steelbooks in my collection - all from Spain: Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Roman Holiday, World Trade Center, Ghost, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Kagemusha. Tried to sell them on Ebay, but no-one was interested.

I've also got one German HD-DVD Steelbook - Death Proof!

DVD Steelbooks still seem very popular here in Spain - for example they did the whole range of Bond films in that format.

I believe it's because Blu-ray discs are outrageously expensive here.

Yes there are definatly some nice ones out there but the value has hit rock bottom on Ebay. I sold a few a while back and made next to nothing on them.:(

Justin, it was originally a Time Life exclusive, but is now available elsewhere. I am a huge Ghostbusters fan, so the Steelbooks were an added bonus:) You can still purchase here. I believe it's the same set I purchased from Time Life:)

Damn...that is smoking hot!!! Never seen it before and I WANT! Where can I purchase one of these DB?

Are they region free by any chance? Edit: Yes

EDIT: Found the link but it's bloody expensive. Still, depating doing the installments option...Mmm?

Are these plastic cases and not steelbooks as I have read this is the case? DB can you kindly confirm?

Last edited:
Hey Coxy-it's possible that they only released them in Steelbook when the set was first released, and then switched to Amaray later on. But I don't have first hand knowledge on if this happened, as I purchased at launch.