General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
image_6.jpeg

Best 90$ ever spent, such a great piece of one of my favorite films. Will post the frame up ina week or so

Dunno if you fellas can see it, but about an inch under the top left book there's some slight scuffing on the black border. Just gonna mat it out. If any of y'all have any framing ideas please shoot them my way!

Dunno if you fellas can see it, but about an inch under the top left book there's some slight scuffing on the black border. Just gonna mat it out. If any of y'all have any framing ideas please shoot them my way!

It depends entirely on what kind of look and colors you want. I personally either design my frame-up's from the inside-out (so mat then frame molding) or outside-in (frame molding then mat). My personal take on framing this print would be that it already has so much bright pink in it, I would not want to throw more bright colors at it in the frame design. So more subtle colors would be my general thoughts for the mats and frame.

What colors are you thinking for the mat or molding?

View attachment 264113

Was thinking something very similar to this, totally understand what you mean by not using bright colors though. @Jason Bourne

That's a pretty "safe" frame-up. The framer pretty much used the three primary colors in the print for the mats and then black frame. Its does look great. I think I would go for something other then a black frame though with those mats personally. Maybe something in the color tone of the shiny part of his jacket. Also another approach to this for me would be to use a a dark gray frame w/t a black top mat & gray bottom mat. I think that could look good too if you want to do something "different" but not too extreme in colors.

Reactions: Liftid
Nope don't think so, the colors on it are brilliant though. Besides Matt Taylor's LIT it's probably my favorite print in my collection.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
My frame job needs a few more days, they did a really nice job the first time, but they messed up because they put the fillet against the frame not the inner mat, so it needed to be redone. Th silver frame made the silver fillet blend but if it had been in the right spot I think it will work, surprisingly, seeing it they way it was i could have skipped the fillet and saved the money but its gonna pop when done

Also double posted in the NYCC thread, but Joe at Bottleneck tweeted these teases for their NYCC exclusives

Special duo.jpg
JK - Matt Ferguson.jpg
JK2.jpg

Reactions: dan8885