General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still out in the desert since they stopped making the 24x36 pages for the Picturesque portfolio.
( actually, I think Picturesque stopped making the 24 x 36 portfolio altogether)
Is there no one making a portfolio to replace this one? I find it hard to believe no one is gonna fill this vacuum. I know a bunch of people in the same boat. It was the perfect solution to not having a flat file.

Its def pretty crazy ....... not the easiest business to jumpstart either as all your specs need to be perfect and you need to likely be producing in china. But i seen a lot of others on other forums want the product too. THere's def a void .....

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Bought this..........

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/itoya-art-profolio-presentation-books

18x24 $50 shipped. 24 pages, 48 views (prints)

Will let you know how the quality is when i receive. Thinking of clearing out some space on top of my media racks by putting those 18x24s in this instead. basically in my current set up I use a lot of the cheapie wal-mart frames just to get art "out there" to be enjoyed. and on top of my media racks is just enough room for 18x24s (no 24x36) ... and I've had what has been there for a while now .... so looking to pull those out and put in this binder and instead display some movie box set stuff that I've had tucked away in an ikea besta cabinet for a while now. Seems like a cheap way to switch some arrangements up for a fresh look in the man cave.
We would also like to see some pics of it when you receive them :)

Reactions: Wreck
IMG_8433.JPG
IMG_8434.JPG
IMG_8435.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8436.JPG
    IMG_8436.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8437.JPG
    IMG_8437.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_8438.JPG
    IMG_8438.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8439.JPG
    IMG_8439.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_8440.JPG
    IMG_8440.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8441.JPG
    IMG_8441.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
As seen above they fit in fine tho I still worry about page turning so I'm soft with it. The build of the binder is plastic so not as nice as my faux pleather? Lol build on the 24x36 one but for $50 shipped what do u expect. Now can enjoy this art more often and main goal was to rearrange and take my 18X24 posters off too my media racks so I could switch things up w movie box sets instead for now .... until I get bored of that and switch back. Ha. But these lasted over a year to 2 so this should be good for a while.

The binder holds a crap load.

Prints smaller you see i put them to the edge if u don't and have centered when u page turn they fall big time so on edges it's where you are grasping when turning so if soft and careful no issue

• Helpful Post
As seen above they fit in fine tho I still worry about page turning so I'm soft with it. The build of the binder is plastic so not as nice as my faux pleather? Lol build on the 24x36 one but for $50 shipped what do u expect. Now can enjoy this art more often and main goal was to rearrange and take my 18X24 posters off too my media racks so I could switch things up w movie box sets instead for now .... until I get bored of that and switch back. Ha. But these lasted over a year to 2 so this should be good for a while.

The binder holds a crap load.

Prints smaller you see i put them to the edge if u don't and have centered when u page turn they fall big time so on edges it's where you are grasping when turning so if soft and careful no issue
So they don't make a 24x36?

So they don't make a 24x36?
They used to. Now no one can find one anywhere. People buy up the extra sleeves and/or portfolio binders of that size for high dollar on the secondary cause of this. At first it was just OOS and they claimed they were looking for a new manufacturer and its just all gone to crap so it seems as this is like damn near a year ago.

that is what I was referencing above talking about a void in the market but im sure that while it seems "in demand" for our scene its probably a ton that have to be made in manufacturing and thats a very big size. Shame tho ...

They used to. Now no one can find one anywhere. People buy up the extra sleeves and/or portfolio binders of that size for high dollar on the secondary cause of this. At first it was just OOS and they claimed they were looking for a new manufacturer and its just all gone to crap so it seems as this is like damn near a year ago.

that is what I was referencing above talking about a void in the market but im sure that while it seems "in demand" for our scene its probably a ton that have to be made in manufacturing and thats a very big size. Shame tho ...
Yeah - I have searched high and low for awhile.
The best quasi solution I came up with (other than a flat file) is this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IS0GZ0/?tag=hidefnin-20
If there was any room to punch binder holes on the side for the Picturesque case, it would be cool.
(Doesn't sound like it though.)
I'm Still just dumbfounded that nobody in this industry is seeing this demand and golden opportunity.
(Do you think Stein Picturesque were not profitable with the 24x36 portfolio? I would find that hard to believe.)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
ive heard 18x24 pages could also go in the Picturesque

not the ones on the one i posted as no ring binder on this one.

I have every size sleeve in my Picturesque book (that they made)
View attachment 326585
I would fear that a third party sleeve wouldn't have the holes line up

I had bought extra 24x36 sleeves at time of purchase of my portfolio so I adding more pages for 18x24 wasnt much of an option i wanted to consider plus the portfolio is so HUGE its kinda a pain in the ass on where to put it and how to handle it not wanting to bend stuff when moving it frequently. So i rarely do. with the 18x24 one its much more mobile in that sense so hoping it'll allow me to enjoy the art more often otherwise I need to stop hoarding. lol Between these 2 and my furniture flat file im set for storage. ha

• Helpful Post
I had bought extra 24x36 sleeves at time of purchase of my portfolio so I adding more pages for 18x24 wasnt much of an option i wanted to consider plus the portfolio is so HUGE its kinda a pain in the ass on where to put it and how to handle it not wanting to bend stuff when moving it frequently. So i rarely do. with the 18x24 one its much more mobile in that sense so hoping it'll allow me to enjoy the art more often otherwise I need to stop hoarding. lol Between these 2 and my furniture flat file im set for storage. ha
Yeah - if that 18x24 works - I might migrate all the 18x24s out of the Picturesque just to make it more manageable. (I actually was putting some 18x24s in the 24x36 sleeves...I know, I know....:rofl:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck and SlimJim24