Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Release date: July 25, 2017
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $24.99 (2D) - $29.99 (4K)

5803306_sa.jpg

images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Debossing with spot gloss is fine when the gloss covers >50% of the artwork and not just the title. Spot glossing just the title is becoming an annoying trend to me. It clearly shows the Studios are cutting corners.

Spot Gloss only on a ''debossed Title'' I have never seen.

Spot Gloss only on an ''embossed Title'' we see often however.

No, but even if it was done on some editions, it is not frequently done... usually when we see Spot Gloss ONLY on a title it is when the Title is embossed.
Here's an odd one for that, Deadpool (at least the Italian version) has spot matte on the title and logo even though the title is embossed.

Also, double checked my T2. The title is debossed and glossed, and the characters on the front are glossed but not debossed. Same thing with Rogue One.

Here's an odd one for that, Deadpool (at least the Italian version) has spot matte on the title and logo even though the title is embossed.

Also, double checked my T2. The title is debossed and glossed, and the characters on the front are glossed but not debossed. Same thing with Rogue One.

We see more ''debossing glossed Titles'', when they are incorporated in an artwork that is Glossed.
So It is done I agree, but not to the point of getting tired of it.

Gloss only on an embossed Title, is what I was pointing out to @lgans316 from his response to my post.
''Spot Gloss only on embossed Titles'' that I agree it is frequently done.

Last edited:
Debossing with spot gloss is fine when the gloss covers >50% of the artwork and not just the title. Spot glossing just the title is becoming an annoying trend to me. It clearly shows the Studios are cutting corners.

Yep got quite a few with "gloss" debossed title and the rest is matte. To me it's a matte release unless it's at the very least 50% gloss front and back

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316
Is this film any good.

It's OK. The visuals are quite strong, and relatively faithful to the source, but the story isn't great. They amalgamated several plot points/threads from both the anime movies and anime TV series, some of which works, some of which doesn't. Motoko's character is neutered a little, some of the dialogue is terrible. The guy who plays Batou did an awesome job. A couple of the action scenes are excellent.

I'm a big fan of the anime/TV series (not so much Arise) and I thought they did an OK job, not great, not terrible, quite average overall.

Is this film any good.

I haven't seen the anime- so I can't speak as to the accuracy first hand... but as a film- it was gibberish.
There were a lot of great ideas and sequences that were interesting- but not well executed or focused enough to give the film a real sense of purpose.
It reminded me a lot of "The Last Airbender" film in the sense that- while zipping through so many plot threads, all sense of dramatic tension is lost because the film doesn't properly build any one of these moments to be particularly meaningful.

Visually, it's stunning. And there are a lot of interesting ideas here- but if anything, it just makes me want to watch the anime... not watch this film again.

I haven't seen the anime- so I can't speak as to the accuracy first hand... but as a film- it was gibberish.
There were a lot of great ideas and sequences that were interesting- but not well executed or focused enough to give the film a real sense of purpose.
It reminded me a lot of "The Last Airbender" film in the sense that- while zipping through so many plot threads, all sense of dramatic tension is lost because the film doesn't properly build any one of these moments to be particularly meaningful.

Visually, it's stunning. And there are a lot of interesting ideas here- but if anything, it just makes me want to watch the anime... not watch this film again.

Thanks for the response. I suppose I will watch this with low expectations.

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
Are you absolutely sure about that? ;):whistle:

View attachment 323154
I love that pic of Scarlett! :drool: Definitely one of my favorites! :hungry:

Oops, I've opened a new tab and started looking at her pics! :naughty: :D
Not my pix but I can not wait either! Now the premium editions are gonna b sweet!!!! I wil get this for sure and the European one will depend of who gets the better one!!!!
Bring on the Premium Editions! :woot: