Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 4, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99

81HBkKU5PyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The only good thing to buy this one is DV. That's sole reason i bought this one. Artwork on old and new one sux big time... There isn't decent front artwork... :-/

Disc One - 4K UHD
  • DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK + 5.1 audio
  • Theatrical Trailers
Disc 2 - Blu-ray
  • Feature presented in High Definition
  • 5.1 audio
  • Visual Effects Commentary
  • Behind the Scenes of Godzilla® with Charles Caiman
  • All Time Best of Godzilla® Fight Scenes
  • "Heroes" Music Video by The Wallflowers

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Are you saying it's a different disc?
Yep. Pretty much every 4K "anniversary" Steelbook Sony has released over the last few years, where there's a preexisting HDR10 4K disc, has had a new Dolby Vision encode.
Often a few new bonus features too.

I wonder how much difference there is between HDR10 and DV, and why aren't they using HDR10+, which is essentially the same as Dolby Vision.

I hate most HDR, so don't really care.

What does upset me still, is that for 25 years on all DVDs, BDs and now UHDs the only music video included on every disc, is that crappy howling 'Wallflowers' one, instead of great Jamiroquai or epic Puff Daddy ones...

Yes, it was a time when we had THREE tie-in music videos.
Now we get zero. 90's rule.

Reactions: TGO
I wonder how much difference there is between HDR10 and DV, and why aren't they using HDR10+, which is essentially the same as Dolby Vision.

What does upset me still, is that for 25 years on all DVDs, BDs and now UHDs the only music video included on every disc, is that crappy howling 'Wallflowers' one, instead of great Jamiroquai or epic Puff Daddy ones...

HDR10+ is not the same as Dolby Vision

Reactions: samdavies
DV is definitely different to HDR10+. To my eyes, HDR10+ is barely any different to basic HDR10, save for a mild layer of dynamic metadata. It's indistinguishable from HDR10 on my Panasonic GZ2000, with the dynamic HDR setting turned on.

DV on the other hand, it's vibrancy, nuanced whites/blacks, and colour palette are far superior in my opinion. Obviously not with every example out there, or most of the bollocks on D+ etc., but for the vast majority of discs the difference is quite noticeable.

Oh, right, it's a Sony release.
One would think that after an HD DVD/Blu-ray debacle they'd stop with the format wars.
It's not their war, they just supporting the most common format like any other company would.
At one point they didn't support neither.
But the one's that do continue to support HDR10+ do have a bid in it so maybe they should support DV as well instead of letting their customers miss out.

Reactions: samdavies
I saw this video a few days ago and found it interesting. I didn't watch the whole thing.

But basically Netflix recently work with Dolby and did some sort of upgrade to their Dolby Vision streaming, or content, or something lol.

And Netflix along with Dolby discovered that HDR10...is slightly better? :wow:

Don't shoot the messenger. :dunno:

I saw this video a few days ago and found it interesting. I didn't watch the whole thing.

But basically Netflix recently work with Dolby and did some sort of upgrade to their Dolby Vision streaming, or content, or something lol.

And Netflix along with Dolby discovered that HDR10...is slightly better? :wow:

Don't shoot the messenger. :dunno:

I don't think the DV & HDR10+ are of the same quality on streaming services as they are on physical media.
So this is probably irrelevant

HDR10 is static metadata (The picture is set for the entire film) and is 10 bit
DOLBY VISION is dynamic metadata (the picture is adjusted for every frame) and has 10-12 bit color depth and is proprietary
HDR10+ is a dynamic metadata format created by Panasonic/Samsung/20th Century Fox as a royalty-free alternative to DV. While it shares similarities with DV- its does not reach 12 bit color depth. Although royalty-free, they were late to game- and very few films are released with HDR10+ (and Netflix dropping it in favor of DV pretty much cements its fate).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hereticz