Sideshow Collectibles Godzilla 2014 - Maquette [Sideshow Collectibles]

herpderp

Collectibles Mod
Premium Supporter
Sep 4, 2011
Sweden
July 2015:
300382-godzilla-003.jpg

300382-godzilla-001.jpg 300382-godzilla-004.jpg 300382-godzilla-005.jpg 300382-godzilla-006.jpg 300382-godzilla-008.jpg

Manufacturer: Sideshow Collectibles
Price: $799.99
Pre-order: Godzilla

The world ends, Godzilla begins.

From the visionary 2014 sci-fi action film presented by Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to unleash the world's most revered monster - Godzilla!

When mankind reawakens a titanic breed of terror, codenamed M.U.T.O.s (Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms), our last hope for survival against these malevolent forces of nature might just lie with the most terrifying giant monster of them all. Designed and developed using original digital assets from the film, Godzilla arrives in all of his glory with awe-inspiring accuracy and detail. Dominating over a landscape reduced to rubble with his atomic roar; don't miss your chance to bring home the big-screen behemoth with this epic work of art, a perfect tribute to the King of the Monsters!

Product Size24" H (609.6mm) x 20" W (508mm) x 19" L (482.6mm)*

Last edited by a moderator:
@tridon @bloodsnake007 @bigrob @PunkNinja @Wreck @every-Godzilla-fans
Sideshow Collectibles is bringing the infamous King of the Monsters from Godzilla 2014 practically to life. Pre-Order the Godzilla Maquette on Tuesday, September 16, 2014!
preview_GodzillaMaq.jpg

Remember thayt if you decide to buy this, click the link we'll post from HDN to support our site ;)

My wallet was on life support... Thanks for unplugging the DAMN machine @Drum18! :( :dunno: YOU MURDERER! :angry: :p LOL! :rofl:

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :drool: September 16th, 2014 is gonna be an EPIC GODZILLA day!!! :cool: Just like October 15th, 2013 belongs to Pacific Rim!!! :thumbs:
Please be reasonably priced... please be reasonably priced... :dunno:
I wish for you guys... but when there's the word "maquette", that means (for Sideshow) that it's movie accurate.... so more $$$...

Let's hope...
@tridon I'm hoping for the same!!! :confused: :( Please don't let it be more than $1,000! :ohno: Wishful thinking, I know! :arghh:

All I know... this beauty WILL be mine!!! :woot: :notworthy:

Last edited:
Ugh... there's no way that I can afford $800 anytime soon. :(

At least I have the German Ultimate Blu-ray Collector's Edition on order so I can have some kind of Godzilla statue. I wish I had a sugar mama like Franky. ;)

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Unfortunately for my Godzilla fans friends, I'm not surprised for that price... :(

Yeah, it's pretty disheartening. I mean, the Pacific Rim Slattern statue is only an inch smaller than this Godzilla, but he's just $469.99. I don't get it. Just because they throw the word "maquette" on it, it's suddenly double the price?! :(

Yeah, it's pretty disheartening. I mean, the Pacific Rim Slattern statue is only an inch smaller than this Godzilla, but he's just $469.99. I don't get it. Just because they throw the word "maquette" on it, it's suddenly double the price?! :(
Yeah... by Sideshow terminology, when you see "Maquette", that means it was directly based/used to do the movie prop. So, more expensive...

Alright... I gave this a lot of thought. Even though I could potentially save $800 for this by the time it's released, I've decided to not purchase this GODZILLA Maquette. Here's a couple reasons why...

1) I could buy the PACIFIC RIM Knifehead and Slattern statues for the same price as this one GODZILLA Maquette.

2) The more that I look at him, I'm not sure that I like the pose they've put him in. The way that his head is turned and kinda looking upwards... I just don't like it. If Sideshow would've sculpted him in a pose similar to the one that the German Collector's Edition is coming with, it would've looked better, in my opinion.

So yeah... while a 35-pound, 2-foot-tall GODZILLA would be amazing, I just don't think that this is the one for me. A more forward pose would've made this an insta-buy (Godzilla's reveal during the airport scene would've been a perfect pose to sculpt).

Enjoy, everyone! I'll hold on to my cash and hope that a better one comes out after GODZILLA 2 is released. :)

I really like this one, but room and costs are big concerns. So I'm not sure. I got one of those huge Jakks ones for fairly cheap, so I might just live with that. I'll have to think it over. On the other hand...

Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla!

:ohno:

Alright... I gave this a lot of thought. Even though I could potentially save $800 for this by the time it's released, I've decided to not purchase this GODZILLA Maquette. Here's a couple reasons why...

1) I could buy the PACIFIC RIM Knifehead and Slattern statues for the same price as this one GODZILLA Maquette.

2) The more that I look at him, I'm not sure that I like the pose they've put him in. The way that his head is turned and kinda looking upwards... I just don't like it. If Sideshow would've sculpted him in a pose similar to the one that the German Collector's Edition is coming with, it would've looked better, in my opinion.

So yeah... while a 35-pound, 2-foot-tall GODZILLA would be amazing, I just don't think that this is the one for me. A more forward pose would've made this an insta-buy (Godzilla's reveal during the airport scene would've been a perfect pose to sculpt).

Enjoy, everyone! I'll hold on to my cash and hope that a better one comes out after GODZILLA 2 is released. :)
YUP! :thumbs: His EPIC Reveal ROAR would of been a better Statue! ;)

Still though, I WANT it!!! :D And I hope this Maquette is only the beginning of more to come! :drool: :notworthy: Sideshow has a payment plan... I'm seriously considering doing that!!! :naughty: :woot:

Reactions: tridon
YUP! :thumbs: His EPIC Reveal ROAR would of been a better Statue! ;)

Still though, I WANT it!!! :D And I hope this Maquette is only the beginning of more to come! :drool: :notworthy: Sideshow has a payment plan... I'm seriously considering doing that!!! :naughty: :woot:

It is pretty nice that Sideshow has a payment plan. I doubt they'd sell as much as they do if they didn't have that available. Good luck going broke, Franky! I'll enjoy your Godzilla Maquette through the hundreds of photos you're likely to share. :p

• Helpful Post
It is pretty nice that Sideshow has a payment plan. I doubt they'd sell as much as they do if they didn't have that available. Good luck going broke, Franky! I'll enjoy your Godzilla Maquette through the hundreds of photos you're likely to share. :p
@tridon :D I'm gonna make an Album here on HDN, exclusively for the Maquette!!! :woot: :drool:

And yeah, I'm definitely gonna enjoy eating 25 cent Ramen Noodle Soups! :( Cause that's all I'm gonna be able to afford! :dunno:

I better start stocking up on these! :p

Ramen Soups.jpg