Godzilla - In theaters May 16, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla (2014)

Tagline: A king's arrival is never silent.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Aaron Taylor-Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juliette Binoche[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sally Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Strathairn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]CJ Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carson Bolde[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard T. Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Victor Rasuk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Keeso[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luc Roderique[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Pizzinato[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Sapienza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Markinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuki Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Shields[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Lough Haggquist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Keenleyside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Yamamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiro Kanagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James D. Dever[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Olsson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kurt Max Runte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Teed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Konechny[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Fifteen years after an 'incident' at a Japanese nuclear power plant, physicist Joe Brody joins forces with his soldier son Ford to discover for themselves what really happened. What they uncover is prelude to global-threatening devastation. An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
szVwkB4H5yyOJBVuQ432b9boO0N.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla awakens from its slumber to wreak destruction on its creators.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (screenplay), Frank Darabont (screenplay),
David S. Goyer (story)
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ECUbuBrbP1g[/media]#t=143

Attachments

• 532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 437
Last edited by a moderator:
It took longer than expected, but my 'Final Thoughts' for GODZILLA are finally up here!

It contains zero spoilers (none that aren't already known from the trailers, anyway).

For my further thoughts which contain spoilers, click below! :thumbs:

SPOILERS!!! (for Godzilla and Monsters)
- Bryan Cranston died too soon. If I would’ve written this, I would’ve had Cranston in fair/serious condition, assisting Watanabe and Strathairn from his hospital bed with information on the M.U.T.O.s.

- Aaron Taylor-Johnson should’ve died on the boat at the end. He should’ve rode that thing out and died finally believing in what his father has been saying for all of these years.

- This could’ve led to Cranston recovering and moving back to San Francisco to take care of his son’s wife and kid.

- When the two M.U.T.O.s meet up, smooch and pass along the nuke, this scene reminded me a lot of the end of Gareth Edwards’ Monsters. I believe it was homage to his own work.

- When the female M.U.T.O. looked up at Taylor-Johnson after realizing all of its babies were just murdered, this reminded me a lot of the end of Godzilla 1998 when Zilla rises from MSG to see his dead child… then meeting eye contact with Matthew Broderick. Possible homage?

- When Cranston was in the glass “fishbowl” as he put it, nice touch with the Mothra sticker on the window.

- I loved the film, but I found it silly that the monsters were wherever Taylor-Johnson went throughout the story. Japan… yup, there’s a monster. Hawaii… you bet! Train-tracks in the middle of nowhere… sure, why not?! San Francisco… hey, you get three monsters for the price of one! The guy clearly has some bad voodoo going on. :hilarious:

- GODZILLA WAS NOT FAT! HE WAS ALSO ONSCREEN FOR THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF TIME!!! Check out Godzilla 1954… I think he had less screen-time in that. Anymore screen-time in the new film and the final act would've lost everything that made it so special.

I think

some aren't liking the movie cos they go in and are expecting a film à la Michael Bay (I love Transformers and Bad Boys don't get me wrong) i.e. tons of fights and explosions etc... but what Gareth has shown here is incredible restraint and chose to focus on the human element rather than an all out action-fest and I believe he nailed the right balance, reminds me of a young Spielberg. Glad to see Ken picked up on that as well :)

This is the GODZILLA film I've been dying to see! I absolutely FU**ING love this kick ass movie! :drool: :oohyeah: WOW! From the second it begins to the last shot of him entering the ocean! EEK! FU**ING EPIC! :scat: The films pace is phenomenal, not a single dull moment! Amazing characters! Beautiful cinematography! Everything worked so DAMN well for me, instant classic! Though I do wish it was longer (hoping for an Unrated/Extended/Directors Cut) :thumbs:

I was at the edge of my seat the entire time! His 1st roar made me wet myself! :p Seriously though, I haven't enjoyed a film this much in years! BEST Movie Experience... EVER! The KING of Monsters is back baby! :bow: Even the wife loved it! We're definitely gonna see it again! :movie: Cant wait to own the Blu-Ray!

NINJAS! You know what's next! My GODZILLA Collection... is coming! :oohyeah:

Yep, needs more smileys.

I have the feeling that, like leelee17, if I go to see this movie I'll come out wondering why I wasted my time and money on it. So I'll save my money.

Reactions: PunkNinja
So saw this last night and I'll put everything into spoilers just in case

I will say from the start, I loved it! If you're familiar with Evan's previous movie 'Monsters' then expect something along similar lines.

Godzilla was simply a fantastic beast of a creature that I was pleased to see wasn't a bad guy, but more the saviour.

I liked the way that whilst Gozdilla is the star, he isn't the main point of focus and the movie more focuses on the humanity element of the danger with Godzilla in the background.....up until the last 30 minutes anyway :D

One thing I would say is that I didn't care for any of the human characters, and trying to take Kick Ass seriously was a hard slog, I did feel he was a little mis-cast.

Don't go in expecting an all-out action fest similar to that of Pacific Rim as it's not like that. The action that is there is fantastic, but there is a much more human element to it that does hold 75% of the story. The use of Godzilla is fantastic though as you get to appreciate just how big the guy is, and they way he's filmed is simply superb.

Enjoy!

I will say from the start, I loved it! If you're familiar with Evan's previous movie 'Monsters' then expect something along similar lines.

Godzilla was simply a fantastic beast of a creature that I was pleased to see wasn't a bad guy, but more the saviour.

I liked the way that whilst Gozdilla is the star, he isn't the main point of focus and the movie more focuses on the humanity element of the danger with Godzilla in the background.....up until the last 30 minutes anyway :D

One thing I would say is that I didn't care for any of the human characters, and trying to take Kick Ass seriously was a hard slog, I did feel he was a little mis-cast.

Don't go in expecting an all-out action fest similar to that of Pacific Rim as it's not like that. The action that is there is fantastic, but there is a much more human element to it that does hold 75% of the story. The use of Godzilla is fantastic though as you get to appreciate just how big the guy is, and they way he's filmed is simply superb.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the info, having loved 'Monsters' I should imagine I will enjoy this :thumbs:
If people aren't used to Evan's as a director then maybe they would have been more prepared having watched 'Monsters' beforehand, to get a feel for his direction :)

Reactions: bloodsnake007

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info, having loved 'Monsters' I should imagine I will enjoy this :thumbs:
If people aren't used to Evan's as a director then maybe they would have been more prepared having watched 'Monsters' beforehand, to get a feel for his direction :)

Edwards* :p

Reactions: UnderYourSpell
New Godzilla 2014 Featurette! :thumbs: :scat:

http://www.scified.com/site/godzillamovies/behind-the-roar---new-godzilla-2014-featurette

Legendary have just released a new video featurette for Godzilla 2014, this time explaining how they created Godzilla's visceral new roar! Godzilla director Gareth Edwards, Legendary's CEO Thomas Tull and Sound Designer on Godzilla, Erik Aadahl all discuss the steps they took to create that perfect new roar. Check it out:

Behind the Roar [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTlWj4Vdl-4

On the topic of Godzilla's new roar, one fan has created an interactive website which lets you vote on which Godzilla roar is your personal favorite! The site is called GodzillaRoars.com and features three of Godzilla's roars - the roar from the 1954 original, the roar from the 1984 version and of course, the new 2014 roar. It's a fun little site and we think it's pretty awesome.

Godzilla_Roar!.jpg

Check it out today and vote for your favorite! Visit http://www.godzillaroars.com/

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator: