digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
worst artwork i have ever seen, really poor attempt, will not be after a copy myself. Might get the discs and use a blank steelbook, future-pak i have and make my own artwork.

I like the idea of the art but the art from the soundtrack would have been way better.

download_zpsig4gqo54.jpg

Also I get why they can't make it look like the Sony Wlakman. But whats up with totally changing the way the cassette looks. The one from the Steelbook art looks totally different!! :angry:

When I came into this thread for the first time since they posted the art.... I laughed at the joke! I didn't even consider that this is the actual art. Upon reading most of the recent posts, it appears that it is, as hard as it is to believe. Now, mind you.. I do appreciate creativity and them taking the risk of doing something different.. but this is NOT EVEN CLOSE to what I would have in mind! Awful, Awful, Awful, Awful!!!!

I hope this is not an indication for rest of the steelbook worldwide artwork. Marvel/Disney has been keeping all the artwork consistent now, nothing really different within all regions.

Yes I know (I have them all) but they have the main character on at least! This has none of the guardians, just his bloody tape in a terrible looking Walkman. Yes it's a part of the film, but I don't believe for a second that ANYONE would have asked for the steel to look like a tape if there had been a survey before hand...
Absolutely true; The Iron Man 3 steel had the 'main' art so to speak on the back, so maybe they're going down that road with this.
Crazy idea for a steelbook all the same, I'm split 50/50 on how I feel about it but will keep my pre order just to go with the rest of the collection...

OMG, how horrible is this Steelbook, must be one of the worst ever made, or maybe the worst :grumpy: I wanted a great image with all the Guardians on front and they came up with this design. I hope they hear the outcry around the world and this will be changed. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluprint
Good idea for the soundtrack, horrible idea for the home video release. Yes it's original and yes it's unique but it really doesn't fit in with the rest of the Marvel wave

Really hope Bestbuy / Futureshop don't option this for the US and give us something more fitting. Plenty of mondo posters out there