tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Who needs an upgrade more--The A or The Walkman?

Since Ultron is out in May, I think this will be Avengers but whether these 2, IM 2, IM 3 or Incredible Hulk will be fine with me.

I don't think it should be Avengers because trust me, it won't be out in time before Avengers 2 (maybe even Avengers 2 home release). In that case, they should wait and do a double pack of the first two Avengers and then another double pack for Avengers 3 & 4 - which are aptly themed Infinity Wars Part 1 & 2.

I hope it's Guardians of the Galaxy. However, if it is, get ready of months of awaiting approval from Marvel considering they don't really like to deviate from already approved artwork. I know everyone either loves or hates the Walkman design and I personally think it's cool but what kept me from getting that version is that it's not even the Walkman design and blue color of Quill's model.

Another thing I've always wondered, if Peter Quill never goes back to Earth all these years, where does he get replacement batteries for his tape player? Did he have a 20-year stash of double-As?

Reactions: rj531
The steelbook might not be out before then but the pre-ordering is most likely to be. we will see.

To answer your second question do you really think that in a place where space travel is the norm and has genetically modified Racoon who cause shyt, and a Tree that walks and talks (Just) and can beat the crap out of anyone would not be able to make a AA batteries or similar?

After reading all the speculation of what this may or may not be, I've got a little speculation of my own.

Yes, GOTG is hot right now and if somehow Blufans can actually get WEA for it, they would certainly do well by it. However, I think they would do even better with revamping a catalogue title. I don't think people should be so quick to dismiss The Incredible Hulk (IH). For awhile now, collectors have been begging for a "proper" IH steelbook. I am biased about it (Hulk is my favorite superhero of all time), but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. In fact, I think logically, it's more likely to happen than both GOTG & The Avengers.

Look at the success Nova just had with The Dark Knight Rises. Since its conception (in steelbook), collectors have been quite vocal about why there was no white steel released to match the other two. They FINALLY released one and it sold out in like 30 minutes! In general, collectors LOVE completing their sets. I know a LOT of collectors out there who would feel like their phase 1 Avengers sets would be more complete with a new IH steel (whether they own the horizontal steelbook or not) than a new Avengers steel. One other thing that IH has going for it is that Blufans would not have to deal directly with Disney/Marvel for artwork confirmation. If you look at ALL the Marvel steelbooks they're currently set to release, ALL artwork has previously been used somewhere else (steelbook, amaray, slipcover, etc.). I think they would have an easier battle with WEA on an IH steelbook.

Besides The Incredible Hulk, I do think there is one other movie that has a better chance to be made, again logically, than GOTG & The Avengers...and that's Iron Man 2, albeit I still think IH is a smarter, more logical choice.

I would be curious to see a poll taken of which steelbook HDN as a whole would rather see. The options being GOTG, IH, Avengers & IM2. Personally, my pick would be The Incredible Hulk.

After reading all the speculation of what this may or may not be, I've got a little speculation of my own.

Yes, GOTG is hot right now and if somehow Blufans can actually get WEA for it, they would certainly do well by it. However, I think they would do even better with revamping a catalogue title. I don't think people should be so quick to dismiss The Incredible Hulk (IH). For awhile now, collectors have been begging for a "proper" IH steelbook. I am biased about it (Hulk is my favorite superhero of all time), but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. In fact, I think logically, it's more likely to happen than both GOTG & The Avengers.

Look at the success Nova just had with The Dark Knight Rises. Since its conception (in steelbook), collectors have been quite vocal about why there was no white steel released to match the other two. They FINALLY released one and it sold out in like 30 minutes! In general, collectors LOVE completing their sets. I know a LOT of collectors out there who would feel like their phase 1 Avengers sets would be more complete with a new IH steel (whether they own the horizontal steelbook or not) than a new Avengers steel. One other thing that IH has going for it is that Blufans would not have to deal directly with Disney/Marvel for artwork confirmation. If you look at ALL the Marvel steelbooks they're currently set to release, ALL artwork has previously been used somewhere else (steelbook, amaray, slipcover, etc.). I think they would have an easier battle with WEA on an IH steelbook.

Besides The Incredible Hulk, I do think there is one other movie that has a better chance to be made, again logically, than GOTG & The Avengers...and that's Iron Man 2, albeit I still think IH is a smarter, more logical choice.

I would be curious to see a poll taken of which steelbook HDN as a whole would rather see. The options being GOTG, IH, Avengers & IM2. Personally, my pick would be The Incredible Hulk.

Word!

Reactions: mlmaier84
I liked the incredible Hulk and would like a premium Steelbook of it esp if they are planning on doing the entire MCU range.

I just don't feel it would be a big enough stand alone title for blufans.

If they is another 1 or 2 marvel releases around the same time could see it being there.

Interesting point about the WEA.

I reckon GOTG would be the hardest to get WEA out of those left.

I reckon GoTG would be released later in the year potentially even early next year. (IMO).

My thought - the avengers, my reason is that the Zavvi Edition that has been announced is 2500 copies and in most cases steelbook runs are 4000 (not always) .
I'm thinking hey will have 1500 units, 1000 with a nice lenticular slip and 500 with a 1/4 slip, just my logic anyway but probably completely wrong.

My thought - the avengers, my reason is that the Zavvi Edition that has been announced is 2500 copies and in most cases steelbook runs are 4000 (not always) .
I'm thinking hey will have 1500 units, 1000 with a nice lenticular slip and 500 with a 1/4 slip, just my logic anyway but probably completely wrong.
World exclusive art dude so no logic there sorry